Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.9.2 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by MerolaC, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Try deleting/moving both of these files(keep somewhere in case it doesn't help): "AMDRSServ.exe" and "amdow.exe".

Also, stop and disable "AMD External Events Utility" service. Pretty sure you lose GPU audio by doing this, but can test this way.

Restart.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  2. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Can try the above.

Going by pictures you attached, something seems to be using the GPU...

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Hmm task manager perhaps then and performance and GPU or just looking at the running processes and finding which one is using the card, Chromium (CEF) framework applications such as Steam, Uplay, Discord and also Chromium itself would be one possibility (Not all let you toggle HW acceleration off either.) although near 50% going by the previous image posted seems a bit high for anything other than perhaps high resolution media playback through VP9 in for example Youtube.

Observing the GPU utilization via task manager while shutting down and terminating background programs and seeing where it lowers or stops might also explain where it's coming from assuming it's not a GPU miner or anything that might be masking as a legit process.

EDIT: Ah yeah per post #142 above here it could also be ReLive too if that's running in the background if installed, I don't use it and rename the two services AMD is for whatever reason forcing if Catalyst Next / Radeon Settings is started though it should be a toggle for when it's running unless it's on by default or some other setting is active for it or the overlay though again the GPU utilization is a bit high for just media playback though perhaps if it is encoding that would be one possibility that it is ReLive doing this.

4. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    So, now it is brand (card model specific) issue, not AMD's. At least that's what your statement means.

5. iArucard

iArucard Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6600
    I suspect there is something that trigger the GPU from idle state .

You can only tell us this "There is only AMD Adrenalin installed on my box nothing else (concerning GPU) and nothing oc'ed - the problem exist since 19.5.x hence 4+ months. I am not going to investigate the issue since I got an ol n working driver and all 570 GPUs show this exact problem."

How do we know what you are running on ? all we know you are having a Aorus RX 570.

Why not screenshot the whole process that you are running , there is nothing people can do when you just screenshot the GPU is not in a idle state with Wattman and GPUZ , there must be something that preventing the GPU from going into idle state.

I don't use hardware acceleration at all , i disable them all when there is an option for me to do so.

Who knows are you infected with malware that using your GPU power

6. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3060 msi 8gb
    @Montville extract your bios with gpuz and upload somewhere for me. U use uefi boot or legacy?

Montville likes this.
  7. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    I'm curious to know which is better for gaming, every day use for gpus?

8. stormy

stormy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX 7600
  9. Montville

Montville Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 7900XT
    I am back on 19.4.3 and all is fine - not making any fuss out of that situation

not so sure - GPU activity is zero it's just vram activity (see my last attachment)

again, going back to any older driver is fixing this issue - not a hardware matter at all!

see above - older driver and all is quiet... don't look for trees in a forest, no?!

have my bios here already extracted but the problem is I can not update same version bios - must be newer or nada!
    GPU bios location (Uefi):
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhMbLMEEM26gqxzaKpMrEIXLDnqM?e=xNcAUP

dunno how to compare - same size, yes!

not sure what you want, sorry!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  10. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    How about personal problems with driver releases that need extra help we make separate threads for?
    I think it will be more helpful to those having issues and us wanting general info/issues on the driver release.

warlord likes this.

11. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    @Montville stop it. By device ID from @stormy you have exactly the same gigabyte card, same bios same everything. So stop it.

It is your problem, not driver. Format you OS. Upgrade your motherboard bios. Something in your system triggers it. AMD will not help with something affecting 1% of users. Yes, no downclocking affects only 1%.

Now let's get back to the topic.

Driver seems OK. But, that Dx11 ain't gonna ever improve. Amd abandoned it. All heavy Dx11 titles cannot catch the smoothness of vulkan and dx12.

12. Montville

Montville Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 7900XT
    Pretty bold statement coz there are just 2 or so people here with 570 GPUs saying it works for them - not really a convincing "majority" not even realizing their mess!.. but stoopid ME using AMD hardware.. okay, I am phasing out the culprit .. noi more AMD for me.

13. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Your statement about brand and specific model says otherwise.

And you can flash whatever you want as long as you use right tool with right parameter.

14. Montville

Montville Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 7900XT
    ..not exactly a helpful reply.. I am no expert in flashing GPUs.. just tried it once. However, since there is no other (updated) bios available it would make little sense.

15. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Change your PC or GPU only or Format. What do you don't understand, that AMD cannot acknowledge you, because you belong to minority? 99% of owners of the same gpus have not your issues, so, AMD would not be ever able to reproduce it. Stop, look elsewhere, please.

16. Montville

Montville Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 7900XT
    Reproduce it?

I give you a tip - check the code of 19.4.3 which works and compare it to 19.5 or later the fix (difference) is definitely in there .. code I mean that is nothing else!

To me this seems a very basic thing to do but unwillingness is driver departments domain ... I see now what AMD service is all about.

.. but okay.. I won't touch AMD ever again... checkmate for you AMD, not me!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  17. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3060 msi 8gb
    warlord likes this.
  18. stormy

stormy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX 7600
    Was pretty sure they were the same. Guess he can stop wondering about it being a vbi9s issue then if they are identical and I don't have the problem.

Any chance it could be a power setting somewhere (Windows or bios)? That or the motherboard or card itself?

19. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    @boombastik Thanks for the notice of gop upgrade I had no idea. I have successfully updated my amd 390X's uefi from May 2014 to May 2019. It ain't so bad to pass five years just like that. :D

20. Montville

Montville Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 7900XT
    Thank you for your help, I updated my GPU bios fine but no dice - same problem!
    https://imgur.com/zWWbKDU

going back to 19.4.3

warlord likes this.