Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.9.2 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by MerolaC, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Jayson

Jayson Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 580 8GB
    Thanks! I'll give it a shot. Like you said, it can't hurt since it will just rebuild anyway.

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Shader cache should help with hitching not cause it.

3. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Mmm, this makes sense since frame presentation is handled directly by direct3d in DirectX9..

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Digilator, OnnA, Jackalito and 2 others like this.

5. Sabbath

Sabbath Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC
    So is this driver any good for my poor little notebook/laptop. 3200U AMD Ryzen 3 Mobile Processor with Radeon Vega Graphics

6. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Any update on Drivers for the beta launch of Modern Warfare which starts today?

Jackalito likes this.
  7. Kutep0v

Kutep0v Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 580 8GB
  8. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    So far 19.9.2 is working in MW. Hope for optimized version soon though.

9. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    MW is not either popular anymore nor heavy, to seek special attention by driver resources. If team is to push out a driver it will be from today until Monday, as the ending of third week of September. (19.9.3) We'll see.

10. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Maha Guru

GPU:
    and... MPC-HC + lav filters flickering issues which were fixed in 19.9.1 are back again -.-

Jackalito likes this.

11. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    updated mpc?

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    maybe @nevcairiel can tell them how to fix it XD

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    The Vulkan loader or well the runtime software for it was updated again.
    https://vulkan.lunarg.com/doc/sdk/1.1.121.2/windows/release_notes.html

https://vulkan.lunarg.com/sdk/home#windows
    (More of a thing for Linux or efforts like Steam Proton and using this https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/releases but still noteworthy.)

EDIT: 19.9.2 and I think it was 19.8.2 or possibly 19.9.1 updated to the included VLK files from 1.1.108.0 to 1.1.114.0 too but these can be installed separately and it is backwards compatible.

Jackalito and LocoDiceGR like this.
  14. Digilator

Digilator Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Seems odd that they won't support RIS on Vulkan on Win 7 or the usual on Win 1607.

15. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    Up to now many people see Navi as a failure due to aggressive underclock. It is so sad ATI with so many years of experience just to justify horrendous beta consumption degrades performance.

They couldn't even surpass Nvidia favored games like assassin's creed series. Still on those games old 980 gtx wins all rx 580, 480 and the equally old r9 390X. Does amd team knows how to do driver coding? I can't stand high school coders.

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Something is changing around in the driver though but that's not something I would be able to say much about what's going on in the actual code here.
    The older GPU models use this from the INF:
    ati2mtag_ProxySettings_DX10_PXAA_common

Navi10 uses this:
    ati2mtag_ProxySettings_DX10_PXAA_GFX10Plus

Which changes the driver .dll like so:
    atiumd64.dll -> amdxn64.dll

atiumdag.dll -> amdxn32.dll

(AMD DirectX Next perhaps or Navi or could mean anything really but that's changed.)

Might explain some of the issues if they're working on a newer code branch here though that's far above my knowledge level for what's going on in here, could be for leveraging RDNA instead of the previous GCN or it could be the start of a more extensive revamp and code overhaul but that's going to take a while if it's anything like that and that seems a bit early to stick in a shipped release driver and not some internal beta though who knows how long this has been in development really.

For Assassin's Creed specifically well now we're back to DirectX 11 and D3D11.1 and driver command lists and other features though I am curious if there might be changes to AMD's support and performance here later on as more titles make use of additional threading and oh let's see driver command list deferred render contexts and multi threaded rendering and well other complex things I only have a very basic grasp about.

Navi's keeping up well with NVIDIA though from benchmarks used via Assassin's Creed Origins and Odyssey but it's a bit of a uphill struggle until Anvil Next gets support for DirectX 12 or there's further work on the D3D11 driver code but that is a massive undertaking and could also risk regressions and other breaking changes if not done carefully and it would also take a lot of time, NVIDIA spent around a year retooling their driver code and that's a larger team size and one that had more resources to invest all of which likely factors in for what gets weighted and prioritized for the complexity involved in the development and maintaining of a GPU display driver.

Would like to see changes happen of course but not expecting it to be something that can just be done without diverting a lot of time and resources to this task which from the earlier interview of what happened to the OpenGL driver code around 2004 and then over a year or two it's not without it's problems and risks. (DOOM 3 was indeed faster at first and everything else was kinda broken and then that got fixed and now DOOM 3 was not much faster than before as a very short summary.)

EDIT: Also and this isn't just something that happens immediately either but a change like that and diverging code branches could also be a cut off point for earlier GPU model support although it's not like AMD could just drop the 7000 series up until Vega entirely and just like that or anything particularly for Polaris which is occupying the low cost bracket as Navi's still a bit costly and availability isn't quite there either yet. :)

Could still support both of these for several more years but something I'm wondering how that will continue and Navi is also just the start and then we'll see what happens first with Navi10 and then beyond that.

Jackalito and OnnA like this.
  17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    ^^ IMhO it's for sure -> New Code branch for DX applications.

18. Montville

Montville Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX 570 4GB
    Congratulation for another gloriously FAILed driver - see attachment!
    This driver never idles (as usual) and keeps temps/fan up.

https://imgur.com/C0w0Xcq

19. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    Your problem is that you barely understand what you are looking at. You complain about small clock spikes while actual power draw is tiny.
    My RX-580 ate 3 times as much at idle due to 240Hz screen.

20. Montville

Montville Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX 570 4GB
    I likely understand much more than you keen picking a fight?
    This is what the bus interface should display in idle (x16 1.1)
    http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/19/09/23/8p4.png

any later driver than 19.4.3 shows me x16 3.0 permanently never seeing 1.1 again

and btw I got a single 60HZ display here hence nothing fancy!