Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.9.2 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by MerolaC, Sep 12, 2019.

1. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Download: https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/amd-radeon-adrenalin-edition-19-9-2-driver-download.html

This release adds support and performance improvements for the upcoming launch of Borderlands 3 as well as providing stability improvements for end user issues. This release also extends Radeon Image Sharpening support to select desktop graphics products from the Radeon RX 500 and Radeon RX 400 series.

Support For
    • Borderlands 3
      • Up to 16 % FPS improvement on the Radeon™ RX 5700 graphics card running Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition version 19.9.2 vs. 19.9.1 drivers.RS-312
    • Radeon Image Sharpening
      • Now available on Radeon RX 590, Radeon RX 580, Radeon RX 570, Radeon RX 480 and Radeon RX 470 series desktop graphics products for DirectX®12 and Vulkan® applications.
    Fixed Issues
    • With v-sync enabled FPS may be locked to 30 on some displays set to 75hz refresh rates.
    • System instability may be experienced on some Radeon RX 5700 series graphics system configurations when watching video content in a web browser.
    • Audio for clips captured by Radeon ReLive may be corrupted or garbled when desktop recording is enabled.
    • Radeon Settings may list core clocks as not available with some Radeon RX 5700 series graphics system configurations.
    • Enabling Enhanced Sync may cause game, application or system crashes on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.
    Known Issues
    • Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice may exhibit texture corruption during later parts of the game.
    • Toggling HDR may cause system instability during gaming when Radeon ReLive is enabled.
    • Discord™ may experience an application hang on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products when HW acceleration is enabled.
    • Display artifacts may be experienced on some 75hz display configurations on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics system configurations.
    • Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 may experience stutter on some system configurations.
    • Open Broadcasting Software™ may experience frame drops or stutter when using AMF encoding on some system configurations.
    • HDMI overscan and underscan options may be missing from Radeon Settings on AMD Radeon VII system configurations when the primary display is set to 60hz.
    • Stutter may be experienced when Radeon FreeSync is enabled on 240hz refresh displays with Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.
    • AMD Radeon VII may experience elevated memory clocks at idle or on desktop.
    Footnotes

• RS-312 - Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of September 12th, 2019 on Borderlands 3 (DirectX® 12 at ‘Badass’ Presets) at 1080p resolution. Performance may vary based on resolution and settings.

Maddness, Jackalito, Undying and 2 others like this.
  2. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Looks good for us RX 5700 owners.
    Can anyone test if HW acceleration now works without BSOD on firefox/chrome/opera with Navi cards?

Jackalito and rl66 like this.
  3. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Been using HWAcceleration with chrome with this drivers for a while now. Discord has also seemed fine with it.

Jackalito likes this.
  4. Shadowxaero

Shadowxaero Guest

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4090 Amp
    Vega owners are clearly a joke to AMD.....

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Nothing in the profile file compared to 19.9.1, INF shows some changes to the event logger though if I'm reading that right.

[R300_EventLog_AddReg]
    HKR,,EventMessageFile,0x00020000,"%%SystemRoot%%\System32\drivers\ati2erec.dll"
    HKR,,TypesSupported,0x00010001,7
    HKR,, CategoryMessageFile, 0x00020000, "%%SystemRoot%%\System32\drivers\ati2erec.dll"
    HKR,, CategoryCount, 0x00010001, 63

[R300_EventLog_AddReg]
    HKR,,EventMessageFile, %REG_EXPAND_SZ%,"%%SystemRoot%%\System32\drivers\ati2erec.dll"
    HKR,,TypesSupported, %REG_DWORD%,7
    HKR,, CategoryMessageFile, %REG_EXPAND_SZ%, "%%SystemRoot%%\System32\drivers\ati2erec.dll"
    HKR,, CategoryCount, %REG_DWORD%, 63

And that's about all from what I can see other than what's in the release notes.

Jackalito likes this.
  6. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Well, vega is kinda an older test subject brother to their eyes. Polaris and Navi have the spotlight. Don't forget that Vega misses PlayReady 3.0 for 4K netflix and other things. Radeon Image Sharpening is the next missing feature. Primitive shaders ringing any bells? LOL. Whatever. Just wait a moment to ditch that Vega for something else. Bad investment. :)

RzrTrek likes this.
  7. Shadowxaero

Shadowxaero Guest

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4090 Amp
    Know anyone that wants to buy two Radeon VII's?

warlord likes this.
  8. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Oh, well, find fellow Vega owners and push AMD hard. Situation will be extremely bad for all of you in 2020 with big Navi stealing the spotlight of high end AMD gpu from VII. Begin the pressure. I cannot imagine if I could wtch 4K netflix only from Xbox one X and not from my Vega with Windows 10.

In the meantime 5700 series navi had it since first month of release. And polaris too. now they steal the spotlight with RIS. AMD shows disrespect.

HK-1 likes this.
  9. Shadowxaero

Shadowxaero Guest

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4090 Amp
    This is the kinda of stuff that makes people switch side. AMD treating the people who bought their flagship like utter trash.

10. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Might just be another sloppy move by AMD(notes for Win 7 same as for Win10), but RIS in fact is not available.

warlord likes this.

11. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Does anyone without at 5000/500/400 series card have the option for RIS in Radeon Settings with 19.9.2?

12. zeusola

zeusola Active Member

GPU:
    6700 xt
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    How do we use RIS on a RX580? Is it under a games Profile as Display Scaling?

I looked at https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh-010 , but if I enable Virtual Super resolution, the RIS option still doesn't exist.

I probably just need to DDU and do a fresh install. Will get onto it tomorrow

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  13. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    This is kinda what it's starting to look like though I wouldn't go as far as trash just yet but the Radeon VII in particular is probably hitting a couple of additional issues with Wattman since it's upgraded to V8 instead of V7 (Well Overdrive8 I think it's called.) which is the same that Navi is using but different hardware and functionality so a bit in-between not quite Vega10 not quite Navi10 thus it's unfortunate position.

Vega's not doing too hot either though missing out on some earlier feature for media playback entirely (Think Polaris got that patched in too.) and then Wattman might be interfering with at least voltage adjustments for the 19.8 driver and earlier plus the whole fan curve being more of a stepping thing and other issues as the driver team is fixing up Navi here although it's nice to hear the media playback issue is resolved and then they even patched over the sharpening (And image upscaling?) settings to Polaris which I guess also makes it clear that Polaris exists as a viable mid to low range price alternative and then Navi with Vega and VII mostly displaced and kinda phased out but still supported but probably not as big of a priority even if they still benefit from fixes and driver updates but with known issues also following from driver to driver.
    (Well the 5700 still has a few things like the BSOD crashes which I hope can also be resolved faster now that the media one is hopefully done away with.)

And let's see the memory elevation for some(?) of the Polaris GPU's as well I think would still be a thing even though sometimes issues are quietly resolved without being mentioned.
    5800 for late Winter or early 2020 then and something of a in-between (?) if Navi20 comes out mid to late 2020 with RDNA2 hmm well it would be a tempting upgrade to go for the 5800 but first the drivers for Navi need a bit more time I think.
    Kinda tempting but this card was a nice upgrade over the Fury due to VRAM limits so from this to a 5700 would just be future possible performance gains and hopefully fixes but "merely" another 20 - 30% performance at a similar price with models now back in stock again and at less of a price hike but no it's not just going to do to upgrade the GPU again it needs a more thorough build this time around hah. :D
    (Although that would have been "merely" another 30% or so at best if the Fury hadn't been so limited by 4 GB there at the end and pushing the settings and then huh guess it caused a bigger performance drop than expected. :p )

14. HeavySmok

HeavySmok Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 570 4GB
  15. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    You all forget one single thing.
    Vega is/was Flagship up to 699€ ;) thus is not sold that well as Polaris (mainstream GPU).
    Vega will have RIS sooner that later, and it have Rapid Packed Math, so not loosing any FPS :p
    Im using RIS with ReshadeFX for some time now (DX11).

Vega 56/64 with FreeSync is still best Bang for buck 1440p gaming GPU IMhO (199-279€)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019

16. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I have RIS directly under main Menu > Displays.
    It is enabled per screen and not per game. But I have not installed this driver, yet. So maybe they moved it.

17. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    Work fine with RX5700 since a while on Firefox since 1st day on the PC of my GF

Jackalito likes this.
  18. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Lovely, im trying these when i get home tonight. Polaris is getting some love from amd. :p

Jackalito, OnnA and lycanwrath like this.
  19. RooiKreef

RooiKreef Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 Ventus
    That's a very nice treat to see this feature in the older cards.

OnnA likes this.
  20. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    https://vulkan.lunarg.com/sdk/home#windows

https://vulkan.lunarg.com/doc/sdk/1.1.121.0/windows/release_notes.html

The Vulkan runtime and loader have been updated to 1.1.121.0 :)

As of the prior AMD driver AMD's own VLK version bundled with the driver installation was also updated from 1.1.108.0 to 1.1.114.0 and it's mostly SDK related but this new version does include a few changes to the loader itself.
    (It's backwards compatible.)

HK-1, Jackalito and OnnA like this.