1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.3.2 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Catalyst Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Download Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.3.2. This release adds support for the launch of Tom Clancy's The Division 2 as well as performance improvements for the recently launched Sid Meier's Civilization® VI: The Gathering Storm.

Download:
    https://www.guru3d.com/files_details/amd-radeon-adrenalin-edition-19-3-2-driver-download.html

With this release we are also happy to announce support for Microsoft's DirectX 12 on Windows 7. This feature is supported in the Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 18.12.2 launch driver and onward releases for game titles that have implemented this feature.

Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.3.2 Highlights
    Support For

• Tom Clancy’s The Division® 2
    • Sid Meier’s Civilization® VI: Gathering Storm
      • Up to 4% average performance gains on AMD Radeon VII with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.3.2 vs 19.2.3. RS-288
    • DirectX® 12 on Windows®7 for supported game titles
      • AMD is thrilled to help expand DirectX® 12 adoption across a broader range of Windows operating systems with Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 18.12.2 and onward, which enables consumers to experience exceptional levels of detail and performance in their games.
    Fixed Issues
    • Radeon ReLive for VR may sometimes fail to install during Radeon Software installation.
    • Fan curve may fail to switch to manual mode after the manual toggle is switched when fan curve is still set to default behavior.
    • Changes made in Radeon WattMan settings via Radeon Overlay may sometimes not save or take effect once Radeon Overlay is closed.
    Known Issues
    • Rainbow Six Siege™ may experience intermittent corruption or flickering on some game textures during gameplay.
    • DOTA™2 VR may experience stutter on some HMD devices when using the Vulkan® API.
    • Mouse cursors may disappear or move out of the boundary of the top of a display on AMD Ryzen Mobile Processors with Radeon Vega Graphics.
    • Performance metrics overlay and Radeon WattMan gauges may experience inaccurate fluctuating readings on AMD Radeon VII..

LocoDiceGR, Krteq, GSDragoon and 2 others like this.
  2. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 56
    DirectX® 12 on Windows®7 for supported game titles
    • AMD is thrilled to help expand DirectX® 12 adoption across a broader range of Windows operating systems with Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 18.12.2 and onward, which enables consumers to experience exceptional levels of detail and performance in their games.
    NIce.
    Though, I've stopped using Win7 for some years now, this is still nice.

warlord likes this.
  3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Nothing new in the profile for these from what I can tell, minor version bump from 19.3.1 only.

There's a newer Vulkan runtime from: https://vulkan.lunarg.com/sdk/home#windows instead of the 1.1.0.97 that's included with the driver though it probably doesn't do too much without support for the additional extensions and most of the functionality is likely in the driver side of this plus what SDK the game or application in question was compiled against and uses but it's there. :)
    (Noticed the new VLK extensions in the release notes on AMD's website but saw that it still used the earlier runtime but I don't think any of those rely on anything higher so it should be fine regardless of runtime version used. :D )

Embra, warlord and Rambo like this.
  4. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X GAMING

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Added Vulkan® Support
    • VK_EXT_depth_clip_enable
      • This extension allows the depth clipping operation, that is normally implicitly controlled by the driver to be controlled explicitly by the application instead. This is useful for translating Direct3D content, which assumes depth clamping is always enabled, but depth clip can be controlled by the DepthClipEnable rasterization state.
    • VK_EXT_memory_priority
      • This extension allows applications to set a priority value at memory allocation time, which could be used to determine which allocations are more likely to remain in device local memory if heap limits are reached.
    • VK_EXT_memory_budget
      • This extension adds support for querying the amount of memory used and the total memory budget for a memory heap.
    • VK_KHR_vulkan_memory_model
      • This extension formally defines how to synchronize memory accesses to the same memory locations performed by multiple shader invocations.
    • VK_EXT_debug_utils
      • This extension allows developers to obtain more debug information. When combined with validation layers, more detailed feedback on the application's use of Vulkan can be further obtained.
    • VK_KHR_depth_stencil_resolve
      • This extension adds support for automatically resolving multisampled depth/stencil attachments in a subpass in a similar manner as for color attachments.
    • VK_KHR_shader_float16_int8
      • This extension allows use of 16-bit floating-point types and 8-bit integer types in shaders for arithmetic operations and improves usability of those types by adding implicit conversions.
    • VK_EXT_transform_feedback
      • This extension adds transform feedback to the Vulkan API by exposing the SPIR-V TransformFeedback and GeometryStreams capabilities to capture vertex, tessellation or geometry shader outputs to one or more buffers.

6. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    Gotcha!

7. Morax

Morax Member

GPU:
    Asus RX Vega 64
    Finally!

Oh wait it doesn't say that... :rolleyes:

8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Just another Quality Driver release from ATI/AMD (Catalyst/Adrenalin Team)
    This one have One of the best Frame Times in History ! (0.1% & 0.01%)
    Can't believe BFV can be even more #bettered, but with this driver it is even more smooth -> FreeSync in mind :D

Guys check some FPPS Game...

GJ Red Team :p :rolleyes: :D

Note:
    Feels per Second™ - It means You can really Feel that Game is Ultra Responsive & Smooth

PS.
    IMhO 0.1% & 0.01% is much more important than Max FPS (Competitive Play in mind e.g. BF4/1/V)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    RzrTrek, Jackalito and lycanwrath like this.
  9. squallypoh

squallypoh Member

GPU:
    rx 570 gigabyte 4gb
    hopefully this driver is actually better, the previous one was pretty bad on my end.

10. tarot

tarot Active Member

GPU:
    XFX Vega 64
    this one seems to be fine so far for me have not tested in a pile of things but what I have has it on par with the others...nothing sexy though.

11. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    If you were to ever run into a bug with the driver (mostly due to relive or wattman), just go "nomad" and only install the display driver; which works 99.99992% of the time.

OnnA likes this.
  12. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Maha Guru

GPU:
    As usual, khronos group adds basic functionalities years later and as extensions... Better later than never anyway...

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Yeah going by DXVK these are quite important, hmm considering the time these got put into the 1.1 SDK and then the time after that until AMD's (Windows) drivers (And then NVIDIA but their VLK beta drivers tend to be pretty quick with support on that side.) I do wonder how long it might be until we see these utilized more in Vulkan games. Chiefly I suppose that's DOOM Eternal later this year though optimization and other benefits might see some useful cases for say emulators and other programs too although overall Vulkan support is still not very widespread.

Suppose Unreal, Cry and Unity engine all will eventually upgrade to newer VLK SDK's too but it's not like it's that easy to update a game to a newer engine build and even for custom engines which many in-house larger dev studios now use it's not like the underlying engine would just be revamped short of the game seeing a remaster or similar as a secondary release usually against newer console platforms or such.

Croteam and Serious engine is about the one example and that's taking time since so much is focused on Serious Sam 4 currently and all kinds of issues uplifting the earlier games to the newest engine base. Deep Silver also licensed the Dying Light engine used by Techland (Forgot it's name again.) for the Dead island re-releases but with very mixed results and bringing back old bugs and other flaws.

Still, this is just another subject I have much more to learn from and try to read up what's available to the regular users and not wrapped in NDA's and all that stuff but via projects like DXVK yeah these two extensions were quite important as was the transform one listed earlier.

104 from the latest few commits is making some changes too which should see another performance boost though for Windows 101 is the latest runtime available for download and well the situation with AMD's drivers and their extension support and compared against both their Linux drivers and the open source drivers both of which has their ups and downs for extension support and implementing these changes. :)

Vulkan 1.1 speaking of that also has other features as standard, we'll see I guess if idTech 7 uses that or not (multi-GPU support for one, HDR for another though I think that landed much later after the initial 1.1 SDK came out and well it's still being updated.) guess we'll see, there's probably other VLK titles too in development but that's one of the closer ones to release. (Quite a skilled group of developers too for the engine even if idSoftware is different from back in the earlier days.)

EDIT: Although I guess if the core is good enough uplifting and implementing extensions is doable, Wolfenstein New Colossus took a few of the Turing extensions and added adaptive shading support to the game for one example of that.

There's probably much more, DOOM 2016 probably had quite a number of AMD specific features supported and drew upon these and then with extensions for async and all kinds of other features landing support can be far better and universal across both AMD and NVIDIA with no tricks although both AMD and NVIDIA have vendor specific extensions too.
    (So developers could use one or the other or both and trying to get the most out of the hardware and some are probably more specific or specialized and others benefit support or performance overall for the respective GPU vendors.)

Think Intel has a few too, were a bit slower with support and driver bugs but I think they're catching up a bit more recently as well.

Well more or less just thinking out loud in this post, we'll see I guess and it'll be a while before Vulkan development really picks up I suppose same as D3D12 although Linux would probably also benefit nicely and then there's Mac but it seems they're using Metal although there are ways for that too.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    Embra, Undying, Jackalito and 2 others like this.
  14. asp

asp Member

GPU:
    Vega 64
    So for me, the 19.2.x drivers were effectively perfectly stable.

The 19.3.x drivers have not been, I note the memory clockspeed goes to an extreme minimum frequently on these, and possibly the gpu as well. The 19.3.1 would cause acpi.sys BSOD, the 19.3.2 doesn't but the games just exit quietly. I thought to roll back from AMD's pci driver to Microsofts, still early but no crash yet.

lycanwrath likes this.
  15. lycanwrath

lycanwrath Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX480 8GB ref
    same thing for me abt 19.3.x with BF5 silently exiting, RX 480 8GB

16. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire V56 Pulse
    Same problem here on BF5...might play for 1-1.5 hour, might not even get to 5min.

Tbh, I think it's BF related though, as everything else is perfectly stable.

lycanwrath likes this.
  17. asp

asp Member

GPU:
    Vega 64
    Well rolling back pcibus driver did not solve the crashing for me. The easiest test on my dual graphics system is to open a program that lets me undock its windows and move some to secondary display, then it wont be a matter of moments before something goes wrong. Also, simply having the system idling, after a while the second screen will go green and need to be reset.

Reverting back to 19.2.3, which restores the older power management behavior of the GPU/RAM (ie. it doesn't clock super low all the time), seems to cure all issues and has been stable for this morning's gaming and level editing activities.

18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    De-OC to safe as it could be.
    Everybody has the same silent exit problem (no matter the vendor ;))

I've managed to get it stable by:
    CPU at 3.85GHz (normally 3.92-3.97Ghz)
    RAM is now at 3430MHz CL14 1T (from 3500MHz, that was too much for 1st Gen ZEN IMO)
    GPU safe OC (Auto-0 for HBM)

Today Played (new Plane unlocked) and was stable as a rock !

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    lycanwrath likes this.
  19. shakyor

shakyor Member

GPU:
    380x
    19.3.1 and 19.3.2
    the only games i have played are Resi 2 70h and Dmc 5 35h with 0 crashes/bsod
    R9 380x

Also ~40h Pcsx2 (ps2 emulator) w/o issues.

OnnA likes this.
  20. lycanwrath

lycanwrath Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX480 8GB ref
    I don't get any crashes with both either

Must be a BF5 specific issue

OnnA likes this.