Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.10.1

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Eastcoasthandle, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti/Radeon VII
    The HBM2 gets stuck at 800mz when waking from sleep with this driver, other than that it seems like a good driver to me. HDR works fine, no stutter with streaming videos (Amazon Prime, Netflix). YouTube 4K HDR still runs like crap, tho, but I think that's some DRM thing AMD don't want to address (or not?).

2. Adiurd

Adiurd Member

GPU:
    RX 580 8gb
    Grid runs more faster in dx11.

warlord likes this.
  3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Depends on the cpu i guess. Runs about the same on my 580.

warlord likes this.
  4. Adiurd

Adiurd Member

GPU:
    RX 580 8gb
    In my setup, Ryzen 2600, dx11 wins for a ≈ 10%.
    Maybe in old cpus that sandy Bridge, AMD FX etc dx12 works better

5. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    So you jumped to 580 nitro from gigabyte 380 (i have the same)...

Is it very quiter than gigabyte? Worth the jump of should i get the 5500 ?

6. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX460
    Hmm after strange behavior (the images seem checkered...) When playing videos in VLC had no doubts uninstalled this driver I used the DDU and I returned to the WHQL version 19.9.2 that works like a charm ;)

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  7. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    @LocoDiceGR 580 is almost as like xbox one x, we are talking about a product range rx500 series which goes EOL double time, first from PC perspective due to navi release, xb2 scarlett for console. 5500/5600 as a lower mid range, will be faster, quieter and more efficient, it will not be as powerhouse as 5700/5800. Better keep some money to your piggy bank day by day, week by week and do the step up at all aspects, consumption, temps and performance! ;)

Anyway from personal experience, I am not impressed either from xb1x nor 390x performance which is really close to 580. I would suggest you neither of them. Games for example like Elder Scrolls Online are dropping awfully.

8. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    I never test dx11 when dx12 is playable and not crashing. I approve evolution.

Undying likes this.
  9. spectatorx

spectatorx Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    To be honest i do not hear both cards (as long as 380 stays under 70 degrees) as i have 5 fans in case+cpu fan+psu fan (which doesn't spin usually as it starts to spin above 40% of utilization and it never gets it).

Is it worth to jump to 580 from 380... overall, yes, but, if rumors are true and rx5500 will be similar performance and similar price as 580/590 then no because in such case rx5500 will be better choice in terms of driver and software technologies support. It will be receiving such updates for longer. I did upgrade to 580 only because i wasn't able to get my ordered ryzen 3900x and had to downgrade to 3800x, for price difference and few more penny i was able to buy 580.

If you want to see an actual difference between these two gpus i did few benchmarks of these and i will be uploading videos on my yt channel this week. Also you can always pm me on steam. I think i had you on my friends list.

For now i can tell you the biggest difference so far i spotted in borderlands 3 where on 380 with ultra settings game was having constantly 20-25fps but on 580 is playable and works at much higher fps.

10. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    Are you talking about GRID 2019? That game is DX12 only, no option for DX11 at all.

11. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    You are mistaken. GRID (2019) has support for both DX11 and DX12, two different executives. DX11 is indeed faster and smoother, DX12 gives me around 10% less fps and stuttering during cutscenes/videos. DX11 all the way on this game too!

12. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -----
    On STEAM there is mention about DX12 version only and DX11 was removed from the retail version and was only present for press copies, at least that what I read on STEAM forum.

warlord likes this.
  13. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    warlord likes this.
  14. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -----
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    Adiurd and warlord like this.
  15. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    Wow really? I didn't know that detail. Glad that I pirate always before buy. One reason to not buy it until Dx11 is publicly out for steam version. What a mess. Dx12 is indeed inferior to Dx11 on this title. It's embarrassing...

16. Trihy

Trihy Member Guru

GPU:
    Onboard
    Sapphire 580 nitro is a great card. And also quiet.

I never had this problems. Last year was a great experience with this card.

Since the 1903 update, all went down.

I had run firestrike many times with previous Windows update. Fans never acted this weird. They get stuck at full speed even 5 minutes after closing firestrike. And temps are 35C! I have to set manual and then auto on wattman or msi an to make it go back to normal speed. Something is overriding gpu fan control. Amd drivers, some windows drivers, who knows. Using manual curve on wattman solve this, but not sure if you can still use 0db function with manual curve. I never bothered with fan curve cause it was perfect from factory.

Also the overclock is so bad now. I cant open almost any game with the same OC I played for more than a year. They need 30 or 40mv more.

passenger likes this.
  17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    How far can go with an overclock on that nitro card?

Trihy likes this.
  18. Trihy

Trihy Member Guru

GPU:
    Onboard

I'm more on low power consumption/oc than max oc.

But maximum possible oc with this card is 1500mhz. At least wattman doesnt allow more than 1200mv and anything above 1500mhz crash.

I was using 1390mhz and 1080mv. Low power consumption and great performance. Like 40w less than stock voltage/clock. Add some memory tune and you have the same performance than stock with less power consumption. After more than a year of perfect stability, now crash all the time. Have to go to 1130mv at least.

Remember that nitro is normal 580 xtx chip. Nitro special edition or limited edition are 580 xtr premium chip. Xtr are supposed to be binned ones.

19. Trihy

Trihy Member Guru

GPU:
    Onboard
    I think I found part of the problem.

If I set fan speed to 50% the fans goes to 2400rpm. Which is the maximum rotational speed allowed for this fans per specs. Im afraid to try more.

They should be changed something about fan control that made this card goes nuts. Dont know if drivers or windows is causing this. Tried older drivers and the same happen. So it should be a combo of both.

Set a Fan curve to max 50% and works fine. But I dont have 0db now. I the meantime will be a workaround.

20. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB

There is a list of Polaris 20 xtr chips

MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X+

Asus ROG Strix Radeon RX 580 TOP

Gigabyte Aorus Radeon RX 580 XTR

Sapphire Nitro+ RX580

XFX GTR-S Black Edition

Dont really care about power consumtion i upped my voltage to 1.2v set at 1480mhz with 50% power. Pulling around 200W. I can go for 1500mhz but some games dont like it and i dont feel like increasing voltage even more.

Trihy likes this.