Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.10.1

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Eastcoasthandle, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Support For
    • AMD Radeon™ RX 5500 desktop graphics products
    • AMD Radeon™ RX 5500M mobile graphics products
    • GRID™
    Fixed Issues
    • Borderlands™3 may experience an application crash or hang when running DirectX®12 API.
    • Borderlands™3 may experience lighting corruption when running DirectX®12 API.
    • Display artifacts may be experienced on some 75hz display configurations on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics system configurations.
    • Radeon FreeSync™2 capable displays may fail to enable HDR when HDR is enabled via Windows® OS on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products system configurations.
    • Some displays may intermittently flash black when Radeon FreeSync is enabled and the system is at idle or on desktop.
    Known Issues
    • Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products may experience display loss when resuming from sleep or hibernate when multiple displays are connected.
    • Toggling HDR may cause system instability during gaming when Radeon ReLive is enabled.
    • Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4 may experience stutter on some system configurations.
    • Open Broadcasting Software™ may experience frame drops or stutter when using AMF encoding on some system configurations.
    • HDMI® overscan and underscan options may be missing from Radeon Settings on AMD Radeon VII system configurations when the primary display is set to 60hz.
    • Stutter may be experienced when Radeon FreeSync is enabled on 240hz refresh displays with Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.
    • AMD Radeon VII may experience elevated memory clocks at idle or on desktop.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/amd-radeon-adrenalin-edition-19-10-1-driver-download.html

Edit:
    I've read reports that the 75Hz bug is fixed in this driver.

Edit 2:
    ChillEnabled invalid registry key is still not fixed.
    To fix it delete that key and re-enter it using QWord
    0= Disable
    1= Enable
    Reboot

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    boombastik, LocoDiceGR, OnnA and 5 others like this.
  2. Morax

Morax Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
    Nothing interesting for me. Still no PlayReady 3 for Vega, and nothing else fixed/added which concerns me at the moment.

Will remain on 19.9.2 for now.

3. PetBB

PetBB Member

GPU:
    Radeon VII, R9 Fury
    Still problematic with Radeon VII:
    - Freesync can't work on more than one display at the same, and this is random on which it will be enabled
    - unable to enable RIS when Crossfire is enabled.

4. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    *Crossfire is not supported anymore since 2017.
    *You do not need to use freesync in more than 1 displays, freesync is for gamers, if you need to work get another rig.

AMD will not support your horrendous setup. Good luck.

shredderman and D1stRU3T0R like this.

5. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    @JonasBeckman

Do you think there are any improvements with 19.10 vs 19.9?

6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I was just looking if AMD had anything new and saw 19.9.3 still but I guess not all GPU's are updated yet to this 19.10.1 driver page though changing the driver URL manually worked. :D

Well 5500 support, GRID and some Borderlands fixes.

75Hz should be fixed and mentions of FreeSync but those weren't the only displays having the black screen problem but perhaps it's resolved at last though no mention of the display corruption and some others but the multi-display issue is now part of the known issues.

Wonder what else is in here. Might be possible to find at least something.

EDIT: Profile file only shows a update of the last build number of the driver version so might just be a minor update though there are some nice bug fixes even so.

Also just a profile for Grid (2019) already in the release notes.

Chill registry value is still showing as a invalid DWord but can be deleted and remade at least until reboot(?) or when it was it reset until this gets fixed.

As for issues well the loading spinner in Windows is still off since at least 19.9.1 so there's still something going on though if that's all and it's not tied to other problems it's minimal.
    (Shows as a darker blue kinda corrupt color version instead of the light blue default.)
    (From reports other users have mentioned it too so something is causing it but not for everyone and it might be somewhere around 19.8.2 and later drivers or 19.9.1 where it happens.)

EDIT: And for the INF in addition to Navi14 entries and support for the 5500 it has these as well.

[ati2mtag_SoftwareDeviceSettings]
    HKR, "UMD\DXVA", DXVA_WMV, %REG_SZ%, "0"
    HKR, "UMD\DXVA", DXVA_WMV_DEF, %REG_SZ%, "0"

[ati2mtag_PXAA]
    HKR,, PXProfileSync, %REG_DWORD%, 1

So something I'm not entirely sure about and then something for media playback via DirectX Video Acceleration and WMV for Windows Media Video I think.

Considering the naming and the other existing settings for the second one...

HKR,, PXUseAPLForSwitch, %REG_DWORD%, 1
    HKR,, PXReducePopUps, %REG_DWORD%, 1

I wonder if it might be related to something for Radeon Settings itself.

But then again the PXAA settings above that for the Common (Older GPU models.) and Plus (Navi10 and now Navi14) contains stuff like .DLL drivers for D3D and other bits so could be something else too.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  7. PetBB

PetBB Member

GPU:
    Radeon VII, R9 Fury
    Enabling the option is still needed to enable explicit multi-GPU in DX12 and Vulkan. This is supported!

You are mistaken and I know better what I need. Freesync is for everybody. I use it to play videos at proper speed, for emulators and for gaming of course. It worked fine in 19.6.3 driver and before. To play a game right now I must disconnect all displays except one. It isn't to smart to think it should be like this... It is a bug.
    How can you know this? Or is this just trolling like the rest of your post?

Skinner likes this.
  8. qpens8

qpens8 Member

GPU:
    8700gt 512
    Is MorePowerTool working with this driver?

9. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    ChillEnabled can be fix by deleting it.
    Then rename it using the Qword for it instead of DWord as it allows you to set it to 0 and it will stick to 0 once you reboot (reboot the pc).

If you use Chill then set it to 1 instead and reboot.

---------------
    DX12 seems to work a whole lot better in BFV in the last few driver releases.
    But there is a catch to using DX12. You have to let it load up. It can take an entire round before it's completely stutter free. It goes like this:
    -1st time playing a match with DX12, lots of stutter.
    -After about 2 minutes minor stutters here and there
    -After 5 minutes you hardly notice and if you do notice a stutter once you preform that action again it doesn't stutter any more
    -Next round, stutter free gaming.

Once you go through that process the next time you play it's been pretty uneventful bliss.

10. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Wasn't it the other way around?

1 is of and 0 is on?

11. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    IMHO that's wrong. In the registry 1 has always denoted enabling while 0 denotes disabling.

MerolaC likes this.
  12. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Yeah, I do think the same as you.
    But, supposedly it's backwards.

13. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    The issue was that when you rebooted the PC so that the changes would take effect ChillEnabled would revert to 1 using the Dword. And that's the predicted behavior for 32bit.

However, if you want to over ride it you use 64bit Qword instead and it will leave it off (0) when you reboot the PC. And since we all are using 64bit OS we should be using 64 bit keys.

Edit:
    I would encourage anyone to make sure it's off. I've only seen Chill benefit the ultra low end. IE: Laptop on battery, etc.

MerolaC likes this.
  14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    I will test it when they upd. this to WHQL.
    Now im waiting for 19.9.3 WHQL (we shall see which gets it).

Note:
    Can somebody test if it's WHQL? (it can be cuz' new GPU was introduced)

15. demise

demise Member

GPU:
    Pulse RX 6700 10GB
    @OnnA It's beta.
    [​IMG]

HK-1 and OnnA like this.

16. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Thanks.

17. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Interesting, good to hear it reverts to a readable value at least and not getting that other weird one although it's a bit odd how the fix for a registry key (A registry key!) hasn't landed in either of these two newer drivers yet since it was reported and replicated but oh well there's more that needs to be done for the display driver though the Navi situation is improving a little at least every driver update.

Still having the varied clock speeds particularly with downclocking under D3D9 and with lower settings, also looks like the GPU ignored Wattman settings for minimum state though some users report a higher minimum voltage reduces stuttering.
    (For the card boosting it looks like either a lower or even a negative power slider setting can mitigate that but pushing it too low would affect clock speeds a bit as well though it might work on some of the performance spike situations and the clock speeds going up to higher than expected levels even if it's brief.)

Crashes and issues around FreeSync, ReLive and Wattman (Not that that one is entirely unexpected.) are also popping up, hopefully this isn't the same situation as Fury where part of the issue was with hardware and needing a replacement.
    Going to be reading up a bit on the driver and see what else gets mentioned, 75hz and possibly other black screen issues do seem to be resolved though it's nearing four or so months now so it's about time the driver situation started really turning around and improving but it's getting there although little by little but yeah good hardware but it's still not the easiest to recommend due to drivers but hopefully once this is all fixed up it'll be smoother for later GPU launches and we'll see just what RDNA can do if AMD does launch a higher end Navi10 based GPU too before whatever is planned for mid or late 2020 I guess it will be for the Navi20 launch though that's just speculative and there should also be a Zen3 launch at some point.
    (So the two might be close to another other which would probably mean the latter half of the year although we'll know once AMD actually has something to show or reveal whenever that might be.)

Interesting about D3D12 as well, sounds like shader caching assuming that's enabled either what the game is doing or if it's resident in memory or if AMD is storing it to the cache folder(s) which then improves the overall state of things at least with smoother shader loading and thus less stuttering.

18. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Anniversary driver is very close - 1 month away?

Cant wait to see what we have for this year!

19. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah despite the way I'm not entirely certain on having so many features at once in terms of testing and fixes or changing things with earlier GPU's and these might need other fixes it's still a good addition to the display driver and the feature set AMD is adding though sometimes it focuses more on newer cards though they have rolled out support gradually over time too.

The way I see it assuming rumors pointing to a 5800 launch early 2020 as a higher-end variant of Navi (And it's not the 5600 with a lower end 5500 or below as the other one coming later.) it'd be good to have the driver situation mostly stabilized and fixed up and then focus on these changes for 20.1.1 and newer drivers plus after half a year the driver situation for Navi should really be turned around not that it's completely broken or anything but several smaller and not so small issues do build up a bit for the total number of things that still need to be resolved but it's getting there. :)

Support for current cards that are still actively maintained is also important of course and problematic areas like Raden Settings and Wattman could do with some overhauling at some point but for now we'll just have to see what Adrenaline 2020 or what it will be named will be adding and then how support for these features go but it shouldn't be too problematic even if it sounds like it from this post, bigger issues last time was mostly with Wattman and Vega and then that affected the Radeon VII and Polaris series to some degree improving with some drivers and getting worse with others so that should really be due for a overhaul and getting at least the popular and recent cards to operate as intended and all that.

Aside from the fan stepping issue though I didn't really have too many problems with the Vega and the 2019 drivers but reports have been a bit mixed and then there are known problems for the Radeon VII and Polaris although VII in particular seems to be a problematic card and with lower sales and discontinued production it might not be a huge priority compared to say Polaris and the current stock of Vega GPU's getting sold since the 5700 is still near 500 - 550 US Dollars or Euro depending on country and availability and all that which isn't a insignificant amount of money and a 500 series card or Vega around 300 or less is still quite a powerful GPU for less of a cost. :)

5500, 5600 and whatever else AMD has for mid to low segments for Navi might balance things out a bit here too over time and then the 5800 if that's a actual product or if Navi20 is next whatever it will be ending up with next year at some point.
    (And competition possibly from also Intel and the XE this time whatever it will be offering or if it's more of a workstation type deal or something else.)

20. colorfuel

colorfuel Member

GPU:
    6900XT
    I've had issues with Gothic 2+Addon's DX11 renderer with every driver since 19.7.5, which is as far back as I tried until I just installed 19.5.2 WHQL.

I also experienced random shutdowns while beeing idle in Windows 10 with 19.9.1 and 19.9.2.

Both issues were gone when I reinstalled 19.5.2 WHQL. I've always erased drivers per DDU and I've tried every iteration so far. I've tested with and without OC/UV.

Funnily I've been able to play through Remedy Control on 19.8.2 without issues. In fact the issues only showed once I tried Gothic2 DX11.

When the system crashes, the status LED on the Case is the only thing staying alive. I effectively need to pull the plug for 10 seconds to be able to start the PC again. So I concluded, it must be either a PSU issue or a PCIe/mobo issue. Maybe since a few driver iterations, the driver causes random current spikes, shutting down my ageing PSU (2012)?

So in conclusion, I hope these Random shutdowns on idle and G2DX11 issues may be solved with 19.10.1 but I very much doubt so. I'll see tonight.