Radeon rx580 issue

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Squeechums, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Squeechums

Squeechums New Member

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX580
    Hey all,

I’m having a weird issue with my XFX Radeon RX 580.

I play Warzone exclusively. I’ve never had any issues. Last week when they released an update to the adrenaline software and driver I started having this issue.

About every 3 seconds, I get a weird lag. It happens in the game menus, the map, the game, everything. It’s only a 1 second lag but it happens constantly no matter what, and is EXTREMELY annoying. At first I thought it was lag but I’m pulling down 400mb on speed test.

I’ve tried rolling back drivers but it does the same thing. The only way I can completely resolve the issue is to roll back to version 19.9.2 - only then does it run smooth and flawless.

Has anyone ever seen this issue? Am I going to be stuck on this older driver? Are there settings I can change to correct the issue? I’m just running the basic gaming profile in adrenaline. Gaming is crucial right now and I’m even considering pulling the trigger on a new graphics card that’s WAY overpriced because of the demand right now.

2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    RaulR likes this.
  3. RaulR

RaulR Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT AE
    I had the same issue in a couple of older games like Deus Ex Mankind Divided, GTA IV... Turns out the GPU clock speed dropped for second from maximum to minimum, and in that second the lag appeared and it kept doing it constantly. I don't remember how i exactly fixed this, but i do remember it had something to do with Vsync, and Fullscreen, Borderless Fullscreen. So maybe try changing these option in the game menu, and in the drivers settings, try different combinations until it stops. Also try with Freesync enabled and disabled to see if it improves the situation. I'm running a 5700 XT, yeah AMD drivers are just....