Radeon RX 7600 final specifications leaked, 165W TDP & 2625 MHz boost

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 23, 2023.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Still no price? Both AMD and Nvidia should stop that effective memory bandwidth crap. Add some cache fine but rx7600 does not have 476gbps, its fake.

H83, Picolete, wavetrex and 1 other person like this.
  3. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    it's not fake, but not entirely true either. it's true for certain resolutions only, as this relies on cache hit/miss rate, which depends on resolution.
    it's only interesting from technical point of view, as 32mb l2 appears to be 16% more effective than 32mb l3. (554 vs 476 effective measured with 18gbps 128-bit at 1080p)

schmidtbag, Airbud and Undying like this.
  4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    So it just effects the target resolution? As soon as you up to 1440p performance hit is huge. It would be interesting if the cache is bigger would the performance hit at higher resolutions would be less severe.

5. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    yup. read nvidia's paper on l2 cache and effective bandwidth. they quote it's 554gb/s effective, because of 50% cache hit rate.
    that 50% hit rate is 1080p tho.
    also, this 7600 is 6nm, more room for milking refreshes I guess.

6. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    yes, it depends on cache hit/miss ratio. 72mb on 4090 prolly has the same 50% as 32mb at 1080p, they must have aimed for that 50% on each sku cause the numbers are weird.
    it also depends on cache latency and bandwidth. l2 will have lower latency than l3. dunno about bandwidth they're both using.

7. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    I cant envisage anybody buying this card for 1440p, well certainly not to play anything even remotely demanding.

8. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    These are 1080p cards, lower end. Sure you can play 1440p with lower settings, but they are not mid-end cards. The 7700-7800 have yet to come.

Not much more to say until we see Guru reviews and pricing, which will be the biggest thing in my opinion.

9. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    People will complain whatever the price, they want to pay far less money than the previous generation but get far more performance and a spinkle of lower power draw.

10. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT

Don`t tell me you don`t like misleading marketing!...

What`s next for you? Stopping Nvidia from using DLSS3 to show performance gains over previous gens?:D

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    YES! :D

Airbud likes this.
  12. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 6800XT OC
    "Our car can reach 450 km/h !"*

* when falling off a very tall cliff

13. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    There are some people like that. Most of us just don't want to be paying the same price for the same experience. It has typically cost roughly $300 to comfortably play games at 1080p for almost a whole decade. Sure, games have got a little better graphically within that time frame, where maybe you won't get 60FPS or max detail settings. But if you disable DXR and have at least 8GB of VRAM, you absolutely can get a very good experience today on that old hardware. The only real caveat is that RT really increased hardware demands, so, I'd say $300 is fair for a GPU that can handily play at 1080p 60FPS with DXR on. Without DXR though, it is absolute crap to still be paying that much. I'm not so confident the 7600 can yield 60FPS with DXR and 1080p, though I'd like to be proven wrong.

You think we're out of touch but considering you have a 4090, and both Nvidia+AMD are hitting such poor sales, emphasizing what the market really wants. You look at how things are in a vacuum. The prices just don't make sense compared to consoles and previous-generation products. Some people here think these "poor companies" can't possibly afford to lower prices any further, yet their billions in net revenue says otherwise. Considering how much prices can drop within a year or two after release also really emphasizes how much profit there is. Keep in mind: Nvidia started off just making gaming products, yet yielded enough profit (at a time when there was more competition and more reasonable prices) to invest in server and workstation markets. For what it's worth, the AIB partners are the ones who get the thin margins.

There's just too much evidence to suggest these products are overpriced. We're not in 2021 anymore: mining and covid aren't there to skew sales interest.

fredgml7 and MonstroMart like this.
  14. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    AMD just confirmed the MSRP for the 7600.
    This is probably going to be as bad as the 4060Ti. :mad:

AMD-RADEON-RX-7600-PRICE-HERO-bANNER-1200x350.jpg

Airbud, mohiuddin and wavetrex like this.
  15. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 6800XT OC
    :eek:

... 2023, complete skip year.
    Or get a console if you're into that thing. PC gaming is definitely a mess and will continue to be a mess until... something happens, not sure what, but something needs to happen. This cannot continue for long. I guess market forces will eventually correct this dung...

Last edited: May 23, 2023

16. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    For the first time since early 2k where i was still in school i will skip a generation. Not worth upgrading my 6800 i would need to buy a 4090 and i'm not doing that.

Airbud, Undying and wavetrex like this.
  17. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT

Normally companies compete to see who's the best, but now we have Nvidia and AMD competing to see who can release the worst crap possible...

Fun times ahead...

Horus-Anhur likes this.
  18. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    it all about faking things now by using software or what ever to make up the difference. couple this with crap poor pc port/launches we getting it recipe for disaster we saw coming

Paying more for less or maybe equlivant of last gen is the new thing, if you really want upgrades you need pay for card that alot more already over price mid stuff

Last edited: May 23, 2023
    Undying likes this.
  19. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    So don't buy, simple. I wish my house was cheaper, I wish my car was cheaper, I wish a large black coffee and a protein muffin was cheaper, but they ain't.
    I didn't buy a 4090 because I'm a fan of the company that makes them, I didn't buy a 4090 because I think they are a bargain, I bought one because I wanted one, I can afford one and I want to play the games I play with the best IQ that is available.
    It doesn't make me a fanboy because I'd have bought from AMD or Intel if they produced a 4090 beater. Maybe life isn't fair in some peoples eyes, but life doesn't care, it was here first.
    And before people pipe up about money blah blah blah I've got a 5800x3d I paid £300 new for, not a £700 CPU.

Airbud likes this.
  20. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    It will be alot faster than 4060 299$.

pegasus1 likes this.