Radeon RX 6950XT to cost $1099, RX 6750XT $549, RX 6650XT $399

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 6, 2022.

1. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    yeah just when 6700xt's were starting to be sold under 600eur,boom,6750x and we'll be back to +700 I'm sure
    that is the issue I raised
    amd just can't make less money,they liked it so much they decided to keep doing it.

with all due respect,with all the issues you mentioned,doesn't 600eur already f***ing cover the production of 330mm2 cards on g6 enough ?

we used to see price drops before new generation launches,you know,not raises.

stop kissing amd's ass in every post,get some perspective.

Silva likes this.
  2. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT, 2070
    let's be brutally real - i do not support many of the current SKUs made by either AMD or Nvidia
    with that being said, performance and performance per watt are relevant issues.

so YES i would pick a rx6950XT over any Nvidia card at its price or higher. but that hasn't always been the case as i own and have owned many Nvidia cards where they were offering better performance per watt at the time.
    but i call out cards for what they are (and what they aren't) and i do so evenhandedly.
    i draw the line at any card that has over a 300 watt power draw as well and i used to laugh at AMD for making space heaters.
    but that doesn't change how things are made or who sells them

3. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT, 2070
    i don't kiss any ass and i resent your fanboy take

Undying likes this.
  4. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    the skus are fine,the business practices are out of control.
    of course you do,in every post,maybe see the customer's point of view more often than once in a blue moon.

real issues,my ass,with record margins.

5. Kool64

Kool64 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    none of this even matters if there aren't even any to buy from proper retailers.

6. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    On a local market here the prices are still insane, albeit better than they used to be several months ago. For instance 6900xt - 1200-1300 EUR

Cave Waverider likes this.
  7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080S AMP
    I'll know things are getting better when 6800xt and 3080 get below 1000$ which in EU is still impossible.

Last edited: May 6, 2022
    tunejunky and Cave Waverider like this.
  8. Celcius

Celcius Master Guru

GPU:
    Orchid Pro Designer
    One thing tunejunky didn't specifically address as having an impact on prices is inflation. (But, I'll let him decide if I have that right.) I won't pretend to know what impact inflation has had in other parts of the World, but I rather doubt that things are all that different than they are here in the United States.

Let's pretend for a moment that Asus or MSI was sitting on a huge mountain of Navi 10 and/or TU106 chips, and decided to manufacture brand new RX 5700XT and RTX 2070 cards. Does anyone think that a new 2070 would sell for what it did in the Autumn of 2018? Or, that a 5700XT would be no more than it was in the Summer of 2019? I've grown tired at all the YouTube tech pundits whining about the value of one new product vs. their perception of what it's past equivalent is. Hot News! Our money just doesn't buy as much as it did three years ago. Or, to put it another way, it doesn't have the same value. It just doesn't... I understand that the perception is we're somehow always supposed to get more performance for less money, but what happens when that money is also less valuable?

Right now, on Newegg here in the States, you can buy a 6700XT for $20 over MSRP. The 6600XT can be had for $11 over MSRP. One 6600 is actually just a dollar over MSRP. For the lower and mid-tier Nvidia products a 3050 is +$81 over MSRP, a 3060 is also +$81 over, and a 3060 Ti is $181 over it's MSRP. I think these are all great products, and I'd be happy to have any one of them, but it seems that the nebulous "MSRP" concept is tracking a bit more realistically on the AMD side of the fence. Maybe Intel will come in and demolish the fence? I'd be fine with that.

I'd like to see all of the AIB cards no more than 10% over MSRP. I'd like a half-dozen new skirts and blouses, too. Neither is likely to occur.

Sure, none of the indicated cards may be precisely the one you would want to buy, and I'm just examining the lower and mid-tier products, 'cause that is the neighborhood I live in. And, I'm not assuming things are the same as I've outlined in other countries. But, I'm pretty sure the days of the RX 570 for $139, (with two AAA games tossed in as well), are gone, guys. It's a time you may tell your grandchildren about. And, they probably won't believe you.

tunejunky, Undying and Maddness like this.
  9. DarkQuark

DarkQuark Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700 XT
    If inflation and supply of food get bad, as in we are all waiting in line for a $10-20 loaf of bread. No one will care about buying a GPU and the prices will crash. Now that's at the extreme but if something less then that happens but it's something to the affect then I still think you will see a large price reduction. I think Nvidia and AMD know this so they are trying to cash in on this gen as much as possible knowing it won't last much longer.

Now there is also this. Why blame the companies for the high prices? No one forced the consumers to pay the scalpers and subsequently the exorbitant MSRPs to retailers. My point is both sides are too blame.

Hypernaut likes this.
  10. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    I will just leave it here>>
    https://wccftech.com/nvidia-agrees-...fine-without-admitting-any-wrongdoing/?beta=1

U can bring so many justifications on the table . But the reality is totally different.

11. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    tunejunky likes this.
  12. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    tunejunky and AuerX like this.
  13. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 390
    I don't believe the rising cost of manufacturing would make a previously 500 euros card cost 600 euros. That's a bit too much.

14. Hypernaut

Hypernaut Master Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Red Devil
    Food is running out for sure. Stock up on tins people. Tins last 8 years despite the use/sell by date, if not dented.

15. Fediuld

Fediuld Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT AE
    I say the same thing for my 5700XT. It serves me well on all the games I play (and will be the same games playing in 3-4y time still) so lets hope it holds for another few years.

Maddness likes this.

16. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080 AMP!
    I can already smell the sweet scent of crypto crash in the morning...

Let's see how well these will sell out when millions of GPUs that were gobbled up by the miners these last year and a half will suddenly invade the 2nd hand market.

Fediuld and mohiuddin like this.
  17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080S AMP
    Where are all the mining gpus btw? We are talking about how crypto will crash for a year now and still nothing.

tunejunky and mohiuddin like this.
  18. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080 AMP!
    Look at what the Ethereum price was when Ampere launched (and soon after RDNA2), and where it -STILL- is today
    So call me surprised Pikachu that GPUs are still expensive and the miners are still mining (they aren't buying new ones tho, at least not in massive quantities)

However, the story changes massively after an actual crash ( drop under $1K ), which is quite possible once whales need some hard $cash to repay their bank loans.

upload_2022-5-7_10-59-7.png

What happened this year so far is that mining profitability has decreased, due to increase in difficulty, resulting in big farms not willing to invest in even more in GPUs...
    ... but it's STILL profitable to continue mining with what they already have.

However, with the price dropping to less than half after a crash and they might reconsider keeping those operations going.

tunejunky, Undying and mohiuddin like this.
  19. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    U just sit tight.
    All those gpus sold in bulk have to be somewhere right??
    And with etherium difficulty slowly creeping up causing 6700xt to earn a mere 1.37$ a day..
    Well i am hopeful.
    Endure with me when i say this my fellow brethren....The day isn't very far away when a random broke miner gonna ask a asking price of 200$ for a 6700xt and we are gonna reject it because of "unreasonable" pricing...
    Success is for those who wait.

Undying likes this.
  20. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT / GTX1070
    Over the past 2 decades, I used to buy a video card about every 2 years. Sometimes every year. The price/performance usually made it compelling.

Not any more.

It's looking like 5 years (or more) between new video cards is my new reality. I simply cannot justify paying these prices.

Fediuld, tunejunky, Silva and 3 others like this.