Radeon RX 6700 XT seems very clock frequency friendly - Could Match 3060-Ti level perf

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    No news on the memory configuration? Besides very high clock speeds 12vram is another way 6700xt could win this battle. Im interested how much cache it would have.

3. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    could match? I think it will be faster and with more vram

Kosmoz and Undying like this.
  4. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    It's slightly concerning it only has the same amount of shaders as my current, ancient card, but at least the clocks will be more than twice and the architecture a whole lot fresher. I hope the Infinity Cache isn't smaller than in the better models as a 192-bit bus is getting awfully narrow. If the raytracing performance scales down linearly from the better models, you can't raytrace anything but Tetris with the 6700 (XT).

5. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    I hope they release a 200€ card 2x the performance of RX580, is just my hopes.
    So I'll be waiting longer for a 6600 or something...

anticupidon, olymind1 and EspHack like this.
  6. HybOj

HybOj Master Guru

GPU:
    Gygabite RTX3080
    This is the worse time for gaming :( New cards never arrived, old are discontinued... so if u shop for a card, there is some oldskool overpriced junk and thats it. This transferes to used GFX cards as well, so good bye upgrade. This is once again the situation we had with the start of mining craze. I waited since than for a market to stabilize and I got this :/ Well... my gtx970 still holds, believe it or not. But GODDAMNIT...

olymind1 and norton like this.
  7. Jagman

Jagman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    16GB RX6800
    From what I've heard / seen, 12GB VRAM and 96MB cache for the 6700XT (maybe the 6700 as well)

Really looking forward to this card but I'll be leaving it until later in 2021 (my 5700XT is doing a good job)

Turanis, tunejunky and Undying like this.
  8. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    I think this one is the sweet spot. It would probably have close to the RT performance as well which would make it very appealing save for DLSS of course.

tunejunky likes this.
  9. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    3060 Ti proved it beats the 6800 in pure RT and then when you add in DLSS it's not even close.

10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Well see when amd add super resolution how it will fair. Also, disabling dlss and rt 6800 beats even 3070.

11. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    What benchmarks have you been reading/watching? A 6800 can barely if even keep up with a 2060.

cucaulay malkin likes this.
  12. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    problem for AMD is that sales for the 3060ti starts just NOW

they will come out 2 months later

13. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    cmon when is intel xe stuff coming, prices still too damn high!

14. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Everyone are under Nv contracts,so expect everything if everyone is under contract. :)

Ermm...ermmm..ofc in every RT game - made it by Nv RT every opponent card are beaten by new RTX cards.Simple. :)

15. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Every RT workload*

How do you explain Microsoft RT demos? 3DMark that's supposed to be neutral? Unreal Engine's proprietary DXR implementation made for AMD consoles? The various renderers apps out there that aren't running OptiX?

What's more likely, that Nvidia just has literally everyone under some insane contract that forces these companies to make RT faster on their cards.. or the two years of hardware RT research they have + larger budget + plus an architecture that we know dedicates more transistors to RT, happens to be faster? I think it's the latter.

16. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    @Denial
    Hold on:
    IF you do not present what Nv wants (like it is in the contract) or You,as reviewer etc,do criticize Nv sometimes very much,then You are not eligible to have Our newer video cards.(see HWU case before Turing launch) :)

So,about RT: Every game from 2019-2020 have included Nv their secret sauce of RT (tm) implementation,which sometimes cripple their somehow "older" cards.

DXR is a DX12 thing made it with MS,Nv,Amd,Intel,etc. RT&RTX is a thing from Nv. :)

17. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    This is incorrect. All games that feature RT via DX12 use DXR (with the exception of Crytek's RT demo). Control uses DXR. Battlefield V uses DXR. Metro Exodus uses DXR. They all use DXR to fire rays into the scene, period. Nvidia doesn't have an alternative to DXR. RTX RT is just preconfigured libraries that use DXR. Unreal Engine/Microsoft's Tech Demos & 3DMark don't use any Nvidia gameworks libraries at all and yet like I said, Nvidia's hardware is still significantly faster at RT in those situations.

It's not a matter of Nvidia contractually obligating companies to perform better with them (the fact that you think nvidia has this kind of clout over companies like Microsoft is laughable), or Nvidia crippling games via their software - it's just a matter of Nvidia investing two - three years more time than AMD at doing RT and having an entire portion of their architecture dedicated to RT. Not everything needs to have some weird conspiracy.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  18. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    o_O not sure if you're serious. Just to be clear, were talking about the AMD RX 6800 and the Nvida RTX 2060? The same 2060 that's way, WAY down the chart from the 6800.

untitled-2.png untitled-2-1.png untitled-8.png untitled-1-2.png

Alessio1989 likes this.
  19. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I dream the day when lairs will be perma banned from the internet

20. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I was talking about RT performance, read through the first page again.