Radeon RX 480 Performance Benchmarks with 16.7.1 driver

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    With 1350 on the core it is faster then stock 390x or 390 in fire strike. But that is not a game so dunno. Also 1350 is a normal oc it seems with bit undervolting also.

2. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    You're an enthusiast, now tell that to some OEM who has to decide on this, or to a company which has to provide warranty; the picture there changes dramatically.

AMD should just make the compatibility mode on by default, it loses 3%-5% performance which is nothing (barely out of the realm of error) while fitting in the standards and lowering power usage quite a bit. I just don't see the upside for the non-compatible modes being even accessible to the user without having to go to the O/C tab in the first place...

3. go4brendon

go4brendon Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Seahawk X
    As a matter of interest how often are these reference benchmarks updated? I see the Radeon R9 295x2 sitting at 15583 which seems a bit low. I'm running an old 2700k i7 cpu and getting 16973 which is way more.. http://www.3dmark.com/fs/9212099

4. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I believe that the benchmarks are not updated unless it's specifically mentioned. I can't believe how much work it would be to do that for all the cards in that chart, but it would be amazing if someone did. As far as I know, there is no website that does it.