Radeon R9 390X PCB Reveals Shows Rebranded product

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Illyrian

Illyrian Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix 1080ti

I think they just released these because they had too, their real focus seems to be Win 10/DX12 and the near future.

One thing that annoys me and many others is companies like AMD and Nvidia push for future tech constantly, yet video game studios and makers are still living years in the past most of the time.
    So we got AMD/Nvidia talking bout this "future is coming soon and it's going to be AWESOME" but at the same time the studio will literally downgrade their game to appeal to a wider audience in order to make more money.
    So then I start up Assassins Creed 10 or whatever, and the damn game plays like **** on my $1000 video card because Ubisoft decided they had to optimize it for those *******s still on 32bit and trying to play the game on their fckin laptops, you know, the type of idiots who complain about $1000 monitors not having a fcking VGA port.

2. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
    Just a little more accurate information:

Source: Page 26 2015 Proxy Report

3. leszy

leszy Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire V64 LC
    If AMD will release 8GB R9 390 as a faster and a little cheaper than Nvidia bestselling GTX970 and 8GB R9 390x, slightly slower, but much cheaper than the GTX 980, they will recover a nice part of the market. If under the DX12, these cards will increase performance more than Maxwells (quite possible), R9 390/x will be even more attractive. With the new silent cooling system AMD also can get rid of the most negatively acting (on the mass market) odium.

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    If 390 8GB can be priced up to 350$ i have saved enough to take one and i probably will, kinda need an upgrade. 8GB sounds alot better than 3.5GB.

5. Dch48

Dch48 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    The 390X will outperform the 290X, that's a given. How much better it will be isn't known yet but we should be seeing some results soon. I don't see where the PCB being the same really matters. It will be a better card. How they made it better shouldn't really matter.

6. Spets

Spets Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti XC Ultra
    Can already see how much better now, just run the 290x at the same clocks since it's a rebrand.

7. Mtom

Mtom Member

GPU:
    290X lightning
    Until we see some OC and power consumption details i don't say anything.
    A guy who bought a 390 (XFX) Furmarked it, and it was cooler than his 970

8. sunnyp_343

sunnyp_343 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX 1080
    its still same old 28nm technology...they should had make it 20nm atleast and Nvidia's next cards coming in 16nm .

9. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    Now This I'd like to see. I'd even consider trading up my 290X to a 390X if that were there case (and no Fury X was around the corner!) - partly out of expectation of a rather Satisfying overclock :banana:

10. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Dunno when I had 680s, I never gave the 770s any thought because it was a 680 refresh. Upgrading a 290x to 390x looks just as bad upgrade wise. I went straight for the 780ti. Refreshes are not going to miraculously increase amd 25% or less market share. The fury is not going to do much either as most people do not buy ultra high end.

11. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    As a rule you are spot on and I feel the same way. I honestly have a gut feeling that the 390X being a new OCing monster is just not going to happen.
    But if it is such a beasty, I'd be pretty interested if the Fury cards are too unavailable or expensive - been hearing rumours that there will only be 30,000 Fury cards available worldwide this year which will make them Pretty Hard to come by

12. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    You just have to look at performance differences between 680 and 770. 7950 and 280. 7970 and 280x. I wouldn't be expecting any miracles performance wise with the 300 series. 8 gb on a single card is going to run out of gpu power before vram anyway. 8gb on a fury would be ok but that is limited to 4gb right now. 4 gb on ultra high end 8 gb on lower than fury sounds pretty ass backwards imo.

13. icedman

icedman Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX 1080
    The only way i see 8gb being usefull on this card is in crossfire and not many people like crossfire ide probably take a cheaper 4gb model over one of these.

14. MADOGRE

MADOGRE Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980ti G1
    You can add memory till the cows come home and if the GPU cant push it, it wont help. This has been proven again and again.
    Even in SLI/CF it just does not change things at this point and time, DX12 might help with some of that, but for now it wont.