Radeon R9 295x2 review [Guru3D.com]

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 8, 2014.

1. MechWarrior

MechWarrior Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 Classified Sli OC
    I doubt Titan Z will be any faster than 780TI SLI, which the 295x2 seems to beat.

Edit:

Actually after some research it seems Titan Z will be clocked significantly lower than its 780TI and Titan Black counterparts.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  2. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
    Brrrr...what is Catalyst 14.10?..

3. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yeah they both do it, but we all know you can't compare 2x cards against one, even if those 2x cards have been put together to make a single card, as its still 2x against one at the end of the day. :p

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  4. pbvider

pbvider Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    So they,AMD,are using an Intel CPU for testing,nice!/facepalm
    How many BTU`s does this card have?:rolleyes:

5. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    They don't want their gpus to be cpu bottlenecked in benches so they are forced to buy competitors cpus. Especially in multi gpu

6. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    ouch, felt that one.

7. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    didnt mean to be harsh but I think the scores would be a lot closer if an amd cpu was used in those tests and they want the highest possible score difference in the benches

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Guys, stop bashing AMD for claiming it's faster than titan black or whatever else nvidia they put it up against. We should be smart enough to understand it's single gpu vs dual gpu, when AMD bench these, they have to compare it to competition's top dog, it's pure marketing, it would be the same the other way round.

9. evasiondutch

evasiondutch Banned

GPU:
    2x-MSI gaming 290x 4gb OC
    Man that video rocks:)

And awesome card price is not that bad you get a very fast card with good cooling.

Can't wait for comparison with the green z card price/performance wise lol.

10. Zydor

Zydor Active Member

GPU:
    2 x MSI 7970 Lightning
    Nice card ..... lets see what NVidia - eventually - come up with. Competition is a wonderful thing, keeps the 'ol research labs moving, and, eventually, prices down - way down - below $3,000 ......

As for the expected retort re GPU numbers ..... sheeesh come on guys, do you expect a CPU 6 Core to have two cores crippled to compare against a 4 Core CPU ? .... no of course not.

At the end of the day, its on one card in one slot, card for card compare is fair enough.

Lets see how the Dual GPU NVidia Card offering they are alleged to be developing comes along....

11. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Would you be surprised if i said that many problems returned again ? 4870x2 is a horrible card with many problems.

12. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    we are about to reach 4k resolution, 4k capable GFX cards and surprisingly ~4k $ Price tag for a single card.
    thanks to NVIDIA .

13. Koniakki

Koniakki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Dayuummm!! What a card.. Those fps. All that horsepower on a single PCB. Sweet card for 1600p 120/144Mhz displays.

Well done AMD. Great work. And to be honest, I would take this over 2 780Ti in SLI.

Also I would love to own one of these and its so tempting but my current 780Ti is keeping my quite happy so far. Until Maxwell that is... :D

And ofcourse a big shout to Hilbert for another amazing review. Well done boss! :thumbup:

14. evasiondutch

evasiondutch Banned

GPU:
    Im been searching for many sites see what they said about this card and there review im very surprised so many sites are garbage they eather test games that all are in favor of nvidia and then say 295x2 is very dissapointing card.

Then sites that just paired 2 780 in sli and beats 295x2 WTF? smart ones will know its offcorse 780ti but majority will oh 780 even beats the 295x2 and say AMD sucks ill go buy me cheap 780.

Games like WoW(2004)-CRYSIS 1(2007) or only test 2 games grid2 and bioshock infinite we all know favor nvidia. Sad how most of these sites just outright LIE.

Or sites that just copy past benchmark results and prolly never tested at all the card and are in favor of nvidia.

Sad how so many hate AMD or payed by nvidia.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  15. evasiondutch

evasiondutch Banned

GPU:
    And the PR MACHINE of Nvidia never do this they stay nice and honest always?

16. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Real 4K performance is finally here! I hope Nvidia brings their consumer 790 or whatever card out soon. :D

But I am really surprised how this card actually beats 290x CFX! How is that possible assuming both are technically the same with the same driver?

Drive optimizations? Those are incredible!

Or is it the internal CFX connector on a board?

Great job AMD! Hail Hydra! :D

[​IMG]

17. PhoBos82

PhoBos82 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    $1500 for the fastest graphics card, But for how long? a few months? This king of the hill battle is out of hand.

18. PhoBos82

PhoBos82 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    I'm in favor of proofreading and punctuation/spelling

19. MadGizmo

MadGizmo Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 290X 8GB 2560*1440
    This is an international site. And as you may have noticed this gentleman comes from a non-English speaking country. We are not writing poetry here. Relax and be respectful.

20. MadGizmo

MadGizmo Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 290X 8GB 2560*1440
    Great review, Hilbert. Out of my reach, but this card seems great. :)