Radeon PRO Software for Enterprise 21.Q4

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by MyEinsamkeit, Dec 4, 2021.

1. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    W5500/WX7100/RX570
    Compared to the previous Enterprise driver 21.q3, performance seem to be the same, some higher fps depending on the game(less fps in Mafia 2 benchmark compared to 21.Q3, but every other game scored higher ) tested using my RX 570 and WX 7100. (no need to test on my W5500 / best driver for that card is the Adrenlin 20.8.3 / anything higher degrades video playback quality using Cyberlink ) 21.Q3.1 was a bad driver for my cards, with massive stuttering like crazy, so moving up to 21.q4 no problems at all. Works perfectly fine using WX 7100(main rig) and RX 570 (second rig).

Note: COD Warzone / Forza 3 / Halo Infinite at Max settings 1920x1080 force AA 2xEQ or 4xEQ on the WX 7100 outperforms the Radeon Pro W5500 and RX 570. Just in case someone was curious or thought the W5500 or RX 570 is faster than the WX 7100, its not.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-pro-win-21-q4
    • Blender 3.0 version support with select AMD Radeon™ PRO & AMD Radeon™ 6000 series graphics.
    • FRTC PRO feature support for improved power efficiency – After setting the desired frame rate, restart of the targeted applications is required for the changes to take effect.
    Fixed Issues
    • USB-C power delivery firmware update issue causing Error-213.
    • Image corruptions in Blender 2.93.1 with AMD Radeon™ PRO WX7100 graphics card.
    • Image corruptions in Chief Architect Software with select AMD Radeon™ PRO products.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
    Tomatone and Espionage724 like this.
  2. Espionage724

Espionage724 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 XC BLACK
    That I'm curious about. I wonder what scenarios specifically would be affected by this?

I have a Quest 2 headset, and recently it won't recognize at all from my motherboard's C port, nor any Ryzen-controlled USB-A port. All ports worked fine in the past.

3. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    W5500/WX7100/RX570
    Only thing i found was this about the fixed/problem. I don't know anything about VR, but are you saying new drivers/software is causing problems ? if so, rolling back to the drivers that did work in the past is that possible?
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-kb213

4. Espionage724

Espionage724 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 XC BLACK
    I don't exactly know; I never would have assumed graphics drivers to have anything to do with USB-C (aside from the few cards that have their own C port), but at some point recently I could only use Oculus Link with my Quest 2 on an ASMedia USB controller. I just assumed it was because of the Quest 2 V34 firmware that was released relatively recently, but I also updated graphics drivers at some point around then and that release note makes me think it could be related also.

I also wonder if the 21.12.1 drivers address or need that fix too; their notes don't mention the USB-C fix.

5. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    W5500/WX7100/RX570
    seems to be only with the enterprise drivers atm. They still haven't fixed this issue and its been over almost 2 years i think
    • Radeon performance metrics and logging features may intermittently report extremely high and incorrect memory clock values.