Radeon Pro Enterprise 21.Q3.1 works on Vega 64 LQ bios without thermal throttling,,

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by jamesdorm, Nov 22, 2021.

1. jamesdorm

jamesdorm Member

GPU:
    vega 64
    In 19.2.1 or around, amd introducing something in the display driver to block flashed vega 64 cards on the liquid cooling bios.. The performance is that much better and I have ran 18.9 drivers since because of that. Well updated to Radeon Pro Enterprise release and it still works, although OverdrivenTool doesn't recognize the GPU but that could also be because I installed the vega frontier driver from the ini file. Figured some people might want to know or figure this out because the performance difference is insane, and doesn't use modded drivers or test mode like amd memory tweak makes you, so essentially you can use this driver on online games and games with EAC

Espionage724, Skinner and DanielRX like this.
  2. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    W5500/WX7100/RX570
    I don't know about LQ thermal throttling. But i will tell you this, and each gpu works different. On my end its like this:

Enterprise 20.q3 = Best Video playback IQ / Image quality and video quality / gaming IQ, is much better than the newer drivers / Amazing performance, thought it had the best performance altogether / System info display feature, not present in newer drivers. Recommended first before 21.q3. 20.q3 is better for me.

Enterprise 21.q3 = Video playback IQ is different from 20.q3. (using cyberlink) / 5 -10% faster in games over 20.q3 (no joke). Recommend driver for all gpus, even works great on my rx 570 8gb. (performance boost in games). I recommend you use this second if 20.q3 doesn't work for you and you want 5 or 10% more boost in performance.

Enterprise 21.q3.1 = stuttering in way too many games, stuttering problem with my 570, wx7100 and w5500. bad for me.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
    Espionage724 likes this.
  3. xubeiga

xubeiga Member

GPU:
    Vega 56
    Hello!!
    Did you ever played Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order with 20.q3? i really wanted to know if any other drivers have better performance in it with Vega.
    What Vega card do you have that works so good with 20.q3?

4. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    W5500/WX7100/RX570
    I don't have a Vega card, I have mostly workstation Gpus and a RX 570 8GB. I'm using a Radeon Pro W5500 for my main computer and a backup WX 7100, and on my secondary computer i have a RX 570 8GB. To your question, i have Star Wars Jedi fallen order install ( orignin / epic games ), but haven't played it yet.

For the past 2 days, i have been testing Enterprise 20.q3, vs adrenalin-2020-edition-20.8.3. Trying to pinpoint what's the best drivers for gaming, performance, video, recording. I can tell you this, it really comes down to "older drivers" which outperform newer ones. There's also video problems, colors, etc that are duller, and looked washout compared to the older drivers, the older drivers seem to have better video quality and IQ. But i can test out jedi fallen in a few mins, reinstalling 20.q3 atm. be back later.

Espionage724 and xubeiga like this.

5. xubeiga

xubeiga Member

GPU:
    Vega 56
    Nice!
    i'll update to 20.q3 tomorrow to test it.
    Star Wars have some performance problems in game tho, for what i discovered searching around the internet.

6. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    W5500/WX7100/RX570
    In all honestly, all the newer drivers adrenalin and enterprise work just fine. Enterprise 21.q3.1 is not a good driver for my cards, stuttering for all my cards. But all the other drivers work perfectly fine, with some having slightly better fps than others. I'm going to break this down:

Enterprise 21.q3 has the best performance "overall" , but video playback/IQ in Cyberlink DVD and videos are washed out, colors look weird. I think it has something to do with the newer control panel.
    All new Adrenalin drivers , less fps than Enterprise 21.q3 and 20.q3, but the new adrenalin drivers works perfectly fine. "But suffers from the same video issues"

Enterprise 20.q3 very good performance/fps, video playback IQ/GPU acceleration / cyberlink colors are superior. The biggest problem with 20.q3, and i tested this using my RX 570, WX 4100, WX 7100, Radeon Pro W5500, watch dogs 2 stutters and freezes when recording with relived or any program. Also gears of war 5 has freezing issues that comes and goes. So that's the only thing that really bothers me about 20.q3.

So recently i tested adrenalin-2020-edition-20.8.3 and the performance/fps are about the same as enterprise 20.q3, but in some games better. I have been testing games left and right using 20.8.3 and haven't run into any problems, video quality/cyberlink dvd colors are great, watch dogs 2 no freezing, etc. Me personally i can deal with not playing watch dogs 2 on my main rig, but if i can't figure out how to fix the freezing with gear 5, I'm going to continue using 20.8.3. Also the video playback/colors/motion2/acceleration thing is important to me, the video colors and quality looks really bad with any driver that is using the newer control center, which is odd.

Espionage724 likes this.
  7. xubeiga

xubeiga Member

GPU:
    Vega 56
    Hey mate!
    First of all, thanks for all your attention and explanation :)

I have 2 questions if you allow me.

1) Why exactly are you using 20.8.3 for the tests and not newer versions?

2) These things you say: "video playback/IQ in Cyberlink DVD" and "video playback IQ/GPU acceleration / cyberlink colors" what is this actually?

I use my PC just to game, study and watch videos on youtube and stream services. I dont do any rendering stuff. Do i have to worry about that?

8. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    W5500/WX7100/RX570
    #1 Might be best to read this old thread from last year. I try to test all drivers enterprise and Adrenalin and see what driver works the best. The reason why I'm using and testing 20.8.3 because of video i notice using the older drivers with the older control panel has better image quality in terms of videos/colors, etc. Also on my end, 20q3 which i always thought was the best drivers for performance, some games i notice are freezing up and stuttering when recording. First it was watch dogs 2 , which always had this issue, then i notice it in crackdown 3, gear 5, etc.
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/h...-amd-adrenalin-drivers-check-this-out.432500/

#2 The overall quality of video/colors/motion2/acceleration is smoother and look better using cyberlink with older drivers, any new driver makes videos look washed out, etc. So unless you like watching movies , etc using cyberlink i wouldn't worry about it. I use cyberlink for alot of my movies because it has that motion2/truetheather feature.

Now, as for 20.q3 , again on my end doesn't matter which card i use, I get stuttering and freezing in certain games. So on my end, using my Radeon pro cards, i have no choice but to use 20.8.3 which solves all my problems, no stuttering, no freezing when recording, old cp which doesn't messed up colors in cyberlink. 20.q3 is the fastest driver i ever seen so far, but its not stable. Now enterprise 21.q3 does have better overall performance, but again i use cyberlink so its an issue for me.

So for anyone not using or care about quality or colors issues using cyberlink, my recommend driver i would use is 21.q3 enterprise 9/15/2021. I use it for my rx 570 and wx 7100 as well.

xubeiga likes this.
  9. gabsvm

gabsvm Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8gb
    What about 20.4.2 vs 20.8.3? Or 20.11.2

10. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    W5500/WX7100/RX570
    After hours and hours of testing my cards ( WX 7100, RX 570, W5500 ).
    RX 570 8GB = Enterprise 21.q3
    WX 7100 = Enterprise 21.Q3
    Radeon Pro W5500 = Adrenalin 20.8.3.

Out of the drivers you mention, i would suggest using the Enterprise 21.Q3 for your GPU. I don't have a 580, but with my RX 570, those drivers are working nicely, no problems with anything.

gabsvm likes this.

11. gabsvm

gabsvm Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8gb
    Already installed 21.Q3. Everything working fine so far. Thanks! If you have any other findings, please let me know.

MyEinsamkeit likes this.
  12. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    W5500/WX7100/RX570
    Yea i get a nice performance boost in games using the 21.q3 with every card and very stable, etc no problems. I just have issues with Cyberlink video quality using my W5500, that's why I'm using Adrenalin 20.8.3 for that GPU.

Other findings? lol man i pretty much tested and tried every driver out there ahaha, i think i have everything pinpoint down now, everything working smooth for both my rigs/etc, Thanks and have fun!

13. xubeiga

xubeiga Member

GPU:
    Vega 56
    In my case, The 21.q3 made me lose 10 FPS in my Vega 56 and with 21.11.2 i got it back :(

14. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    W5500/WX7100/RX570
    You install 21.q3 date 9/15/2021 and not 21.Q3.1?

If so, sorry to hear that, glad there's a driver that works well for you. For me, with the W5500 i use older 20.8.3 only because of better cyberlink video quality compared to the newer drivers. But I'm currently using my wx 7100 as my main gpu and 21.q3 works the best for that card. But why the sad face ha, nothing wrong with older drivers. Not everything that's the newest works the best, that i know.

15. xubeiga

xubeiga Member

GPU:
    Vega 56
    Exactly, the driver of september. Yeah, unfortunately i wasnt lucky with it with my Vega 56.
    But well, definitely was worth the try.
    Nevertheless, thanks so much for all your attention :)

MyEinsamkeit likes this.