Radeon HD2900XT mod strange bug?

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by terrablader, Mar 3, 2009.

1. terrablader

terrablader Master Guru

GPU:
    HD4870,HD2900XT,HD4350
    tweaking HD2900XT / HD3XX mod for better performance XP64?

just wondering if anyone has some good tips on squeezing a bit more out of the card? should i overclock it for example. I have an aftermarket heatsink running around 50 deg cel. right now allrdeady.

I looked around CCC but did not find anything very interesting.

Thanks.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  2. Iarwain

Iarwain Banned

GPU:
    4890 990//1120
    Obviously, overclock it. You can't really mod it to do much better. Download rivatuner, or ATI tool. These are fine overclocking programs. ATI overdrive, in CCC, also works just fine.

3. terrablader

terrablader Master Guru

GPU:
    HD4870,HD2900XT,HD4350
    What is safe to overclock to? I have a good aftermarket cooler. Should I be expecting around 10%-20% speed inprovement w/ overclock?

4. Feneeth of Borg

Feneeth of Borg Member Guru

GPU:
    TwinFrz R9 270Xx2
    what i suggest is for you to increase the clocks a bit, then teat them on a game, if you dont see artifacts, keep going, once you do, move back to highest safe clocks.

To keep this from taking forever overclock it each time the least amount more possible to maintain the card core/ram clock ratio. For example, 800/700 would move up to 808/707 and so on. If possible, try ocing to the nearest MHz when you hit artifacts, but i know rivatuner 2.24 wont let you sadly (with newest drivers). 2.24b might.