Radeon HD 4850 X2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by rentalbrain, Aug 13, 2008.

1. rentalbrain

rentalbrain Master Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor HD 7950
    So how fast this thing's gonna be? Hilbert says in his 4870x2 article that he's quite certain this card will beat GTX 280 too like it's bigger brother but by how much? Can anyone guess raw performance judging from the specs provided?
    http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-4870-x2-review-crossfire/1
    Sorry I'm bit excited because it seems it's much cheaper(about 399dollars he says) so maybe if I sell my current card at good price I can afford one. When will the card be available do you think?

2. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    The same as Crossfire Radeon HD 4850 1GB's maybe? Anyway I think GTX 260 offers some serious performance for the money. It is possible to get one for 199€ now. I would rather get singe GPU solution and PhysX looks really promising.

3. Phantomchess

Phantomchess Active Member

GPU:
    BFG GTX 280@700/1475/2660
    Yea, i was thinking of going with the gtx 260 too after i saw how promising the phsx were. Cant bring myself to spend over $500 for a graphic card.

4. rentalbrain

rentalbrain Master Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor HD 7950
    Never thought of that, my bad:p But according to fudzilla AMD seemd to have implemented SidePort technology on these cards which makes direct communication betwen GPUs much faster. Data transfer speed seemed to have quintupled(5x) compared to crossfire setup, so I think that's good news!

5. Lowteckh

Lowteckh Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4850 @ stock
    Gotta wonder wtf's happening with the whole Havok jig.