Radeon Fury X Beats GeForce GTX Titan X and Fury to GTX 980 Ti: 3DMark Bench

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 17, 2015.

1. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Excuse me? I would never downgrade to a 1080p 60hz TN monitor. So I will stick to nvidia cards and 100hz is 1440p monitor until I upgrade my qnix.

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Yes excuse you, why do you care? You're a nv fan anyway.

Also who said anything about downgrading to TN or 1080p? Not me.

But ok what ever, continue bitchin about DVI if that makes you feel any better.
    //Im out of this debate.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  3. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    You do not own a Korean monitor if you did you would not be telling people to stop whinning. The adapter is around 100 bucks and you are not guaranteed your overclock. Easily not worth it to people with Korean monitors not to switch to the fury. Any money you might of saved buying amd is negated by the adapter. The people here whinning have a good reason to.

4. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Yep tj, stfu please.. You're adding nothing to the discussion, all we're doing is expressing genuine (me at least) discontent that the card lacks a dvi-d port, because this monitor is friggin all I have and I don't have money to buy another one.

What part of that don't you understand?

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I'm amazed that you think I'll be willing to spend £90 on an adapter. Or you think any adapter will do. In which case you should read up on the limitation of these adapters.

6. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    i am amazed that u think that the adapter will not included in the box

and the hdmi to dvi-d adapter is not 90 euro.. what the hell are u talking about with that price

7. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    I dont like the idea of buying an adapter either. I have a korean monitor (96hz) and I wasnt planning to buy another monitor.

I am waiting on the AIB 980 Ti models.

8. MasterBash

MasterBash Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC+
    I am glad they are moving away from DVI. It is useless to me. I will take more DP and HDMI instead.

Thats something I love about my EVGA GTX970 SSC+, 3DP, HDMI and unfortunately the DVI but one instead of two. I wish it had 0.

9. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Dude can you stfu,

eclap is talking about a dp to dvi-d adapter, which, to support higher resolution and refresh rate has to be a good one, can't be a crappy adapter that only does 1080p @60hz.

The more quality ones are more expensive.. and thus we have to splash out more to get the benefits.. As TK said, any gains you would've had going AMD are negated with the fact that you have to buy an adapter.

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Like I said, go look up what you're talking about before you make yourself look even more foolish.

11. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I dont know about the Qnix but all Overlord Tempests are guaranteed to hit atleast 96hz.

There is no way i would downgrade to 1080/1200p 60hz, once you go 100hz+, 60hz is slightly stuttery in some games.

Also when you go 100hz+ you need double the GPU power so it gets expensive to push out the extra frames.

If you want the best you have to pay for it.

12. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    60hz is like a ghost show bro, my eyes start bleeding.. :D I can't tell whether a unit is standing there or there, because the ghosting is so strong lol.. :D

13. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mine goes to 103 on stock timings, a lot of qnix screens can do better than that. I just run it at 100hz stock timings.

14. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Mine does 114 with tightened timings.

15. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    OK, this is getting ridiculous.

Can all the elitist "I have a super-rare Korean monitor that I O/C" (how many people in the friggin world have an idea you can even overclock a monitor....) please exit the thread already. We get it, you're all bitchy because you chose to get a legacy connection only monitor is restricting your choices (especially in light of the fact that most major companies signed up to kill it by 2015). In all honesty, throw your complaints in with those that cried over VGA, Game Port, Floppy, etc.

Everyone here knows that I criticize AMD for a lot of stuff, but this DVI stuff is just bitchin for the sake of bitchin. DVI is a sixteen year old legacy standard that is slated to be put to pasture this year, deal with it.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015

16. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Normal adapters wont do. Has to be active USB powered DP adapters to handle 1440p @120hz. And they are expensive.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00856WJH8/

17. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It that guaranteed to do 1440p at 120hz? Or is it a gamble?

18. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    I dont think its a guarantee. I've heard that you need to tinker with pixel clocks and fine tune more settings to get it higher.

19. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    I couldn't give you an exact figure, but I'm pretty sure it's most likely the same consumer base that buys top tier GPU's like the Fury. Which is a massive minority in of itself, this is an oversight. Just because it wont be an issue for the majority doesn't mean it's not an issue for a fair chunk of the people that actually buy high end GPU's.

The people that don't know or care are generally running lower end hardware.

I will not limit myself or my purchases by buying a Fury based GPU, when AMD has for some reason decided that DVI-D is useless, and that HDMI 1.4a is the sort of solution a top tier GPU needs in mid 2015.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    no. it's good for around 400mhz pixel clock tops. Meaning around 100hz.

EDIT: I honestly couldn't care less about DVI on these cards. I have an alternative in the 980ti. I just don't understand why AMD are cutting off a fair chunk of potential customers when they need every single sale right now. Those who bought Koreans are gamers, gamers buy gaming gpus.