Radeon Fury X Beats GeForce GTX Titan X and Fury to GTX 980 Ti: 3DMark Bench

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2080 Super
    I won't say that Dual DVI is old trash, some of the monitors these people got a rather new, so I fully understand they don't want to switch to a monitor with DP that doesn't really give them anything new on the table.
    There is a major problem with G and Free -Sync, if you chose one your actually locking yourself to either AMD or NVidia to have smooth syncing.
    Both of those mofo companies should be forced to go with the full VESA adaptive sync standard.

2. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2080 Super
    Only if the performance is really that good and the price is close to 980Ti.

3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Lol, any and all VESA adaptive sync screens work with freesync capable cards. AMD does not even do strict certification like nVidia does with G-Sync.

4. afaque

afaque Member Guru

GPU:
    x1300/g210/hd5750/r9280x
    price is lower than 980ti water cooled and performance is more

5. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    So when is this card tested by Hilbert?

6. Spets

Spets Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    You'd think with all the "It's Coming" posts it'd be here by now.
    Wanted to see reviews when the cards were shown on the 16th.

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    The review will be here as soon as HH finds a decent DP>DVI adapter or for his Korean monitor.

Yes, I went there :)

8. alexrose1uk

alexrose1uk Active Member

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+ 4GB@1150/1500
    A LOT of people still use DVI. Every single monitor in the office I'm sitting in right now is DVI, although a few are displayport.

At home I still use one of the 1080 3D 120Hz Samsung monitors (it's only about 3 years old), and that also has HDMI/DVI-D only.
    I don't really want to have to replace my screen just to carry on. Don't get me wrong, DVI is coming to the end of it's life, but I don't think it should have been removed until Displayport was more prevalent in a few more years, it's not exactly universal, even on new monitors, although a lot more common now.

This screen only does 60Hz via HDMI, 120Hz by DVI-D, so I'm stuck in the same corner as plenty others...

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  9. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    They may, future is shaping even now. Looked at one of biggest eshops in here:
    1440p screens: listed 60, from that 55 have DP, 54 have HDMI, 45 have DVI
    (Looks like DP penetration is pretty good and DVI is indeed on decline)
    1080p screens: listed 460, from that 126 have DP, 312 have HDMI, 301 DVI
    (Guess why, because low end monitors today are 1080p)

Ultrawide screens 2560x1080 & 3440x1440: 35 listed, from that 33 have DP, 35 have HDMI, 30 have DVI

4k & 5k: 36 screens listed, 35 have DP, 32 have HDMI, 18 have DVI

Message is clear, DP is nearly in every new screen and practically every screen which needs higher transfer rate has DP available.

It is customer's choice not to have it or bad luck while shopping without checking any parameters at all.

10. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I think G-Sync is still a good idea. I look at it like THX, sure it might cost a little more than a *perhaps* equal competition, but you get a certified product that you know for sure will give you the experience you are paying for (Nvidia's controlling down to the screen panels used).

11. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Looks to the left at 5 different monitors, lol.

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Sure I knew you'd have them all lined up :)

It's next week for the review, right Hilbert?

13. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Currently G-Sync is doing one thing better, it can run at lower fps.
    It does on firmware level what AMD can do easily at Driver level. They can simply send to monitor previous frame again as they have proper estimation when will be next one ready and how big dead zone monitor has between closest refreshes.
    Writing mathematical formula which deals with minimum, maximum refresh rate of screen and current frame times is question of few minutes.

14. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    So today is the series 300 embargo lift and next week Fury benchmark articles may be posted.

15. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    If you happen to have 290x 4/8GB and 390x 8GB at hand, can you run Firestrike in 8k for us and compare?

I know that fps will be bad, even titan x has around 10fps. But I am interested to see hit of 4GB vs 8GB here as Firestike in 8K fills around 6.5GB of vram.
    And if there is hit for 8k, can you retest with different PCIe speeds?

I think that is currently only interesting thing about 390X which can be measured.
    (interesting, but with no use in real world anyway)

16. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    HH for the love of all that is holy the internet is full of trolls ,crazy arguments and so may theories that it looks like the Illuminati are running amd.. can u pls tell us that the review is on Monday, and if u can share a microbe of info on, is the fury x a awesome or a fail card.. pretty pls with cherries on top

17. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Looking forward to next week! Sounds like you will be having very busy weekend :)

18. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Guys listen,

Companies like AMD and Nvidia trust me with hardware, they know that their information at this website is save, we never leak info ourselves aside from maybe a small teaser or crowd-pleaser.

Despite many others, I am just the kind of editor that does not like to leak info and tell it like it is before-hand. Yes the card is being tested right here, right now. For the results, next week you can read all about it in the article and make up your own conclusion whether or not the product is something you'd like as there are many variables to discuss.

I understand the frustration on your end, but as stated I try to uphold the embargo status of hardware we receive best as possible, as if we didn't ... in the future why would companies like AMD and Nvidia trust is with hardware beforehand ?

And no the Fury X review is not on Monday.

19. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    dont know if it been posted.

I just got the email from newegg

[​IMG]

probably wrong thread, but oh well.

just figured I share it.

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Take your time Hilbert, no point in rushing things. While I understand others might be more keen to see what these cards have on offer, I'm good to wait.

One thing though, any chance you could include the Graphics score for 3DMark results? Not asking for a chart, just simply put down in text what these cards scored? Your bench rig is obviously full of latest and greatest cpu/ram etc and the only common denominator between graphics card performance in 3DMarks is the graphics score.

I know I've asked you that before and it's not happened, but I thought I'd ask again.

Either way, looking forward to these reviews.