Radeon Adrenalin Edition 20.9.1 driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Krteq

Krteq Master Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 +64 BIOS
    :D That's NOT related to mythical "driver CPU overhead".

Check your CPU utilization on those screenshots. You have even lower CPU utilization on that one you are trying to mark as affected to "driver CPU overhead".

Also, there are no changes for me since 20.4.2 on Vega. I even have higher FPS in games.

So, it seems there is something wrong with your system. This is not driver problem.

2. Passus

Passus Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 Mech OC
    no stutter here at all

HD64G likes this.
  3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Some games. Did you ever encounter yourself?

4. Crazy Serb

Crazy Serb Member Guru

GPU:
    270X Hawk 1200-1302
    Do you even know what main thread bottleneck is?! Do you expect "same" CPU utilization with 30-50% less rendered frames?

It is never driver issue with AMD drivers, it is always faulty hardware that happens only after trying to install specific drivers. I wonder where I heard that one before...

itpro, Kutep0v and Jouven like this.

5. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB

I wrote here about Mirillis Splash it’s good player it has built in frame interpolation and it had good quality scaling algorithm in version 1.x, but I switched because AMD fluid motion paired with Bluesky FRC was superior and madvr does better scaling(while using ton of resources).

I like ‘quick’ players like VLC and Splash for speed and stability but I have giant music video and movie collection that cries for madVR, so compromise is a must unfortunately.

MyEinsamkeit likes this.
  6. Cryio

Cryio Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 280X @1080/6800
    Something that isn't present in the Change Log, but Witcher 2 performance has been fixed. You don't need the DXVK Vulkan wrapper workaround anymore.

HD64G, RzrTrek and Undying like this.
  7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Yeah it should have been resolved a while ago from what I read, was one of the worse performing D3D9 titles and I would hope AMD eventually solve the issue properly not on a per-game basis for whatever it is they do.
    (Force full clock speeds?)

Ran at ~20 FPS or something from info I could find and now it hits well probably almost whatever refresh rate is set unless the uber sampler option for super sampling and a few tweaks is enabled since the game is still D3D9 and might hit some limits here.

Never listed in the release notes though same as many other smaller fixes.

EDIT: Huh 20.8.3 so not really a while ago since it was just the previous driver.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/isbxbd/5700_dx9_supportperformance/

It's supposed to scale better but the way the GPU scales clock speeds seem to hit some issue with D3D anything under D3D11 really and that API's had some edge cases too.
    (Then again they all had some edge cases with implementation and usage and other bugs or scaling.)

Crysis Remaster I suppose and dual core almost despite the year 2020 and whatever lack of time or resources prevented going full out with Cry Engine V and getting D3D12 or Vulkan native instead of D3D11 on some sup par performance especially CPU and then Vulkan anyway wrapped for the ray trace stuff.
    (Really really needed more time.)

8. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Tomorrow is Mafia 1's remake launch too, lets avoid a repeat of Mafia 3 here but maybe it'll be a improvement though we'll see.
    At worst it's just a rough engine and PC port and it under performs unless brute forced regardless of AMD or NVIDIA.
    (Just that Ampere - For those few thousands who picked one up that is. - can brute force harder at the moment when coupled with a good CPU and then RAM and SSD as a nice bonus too I guess ha ha. :p )

9. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 64 LC
  10. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    ^^ There is no perfect drivers ;)
    For me the 20.9.1 is semi OK -> waiting for next True WHQL.

BFV bug when Building is still here (was in 20.8.3 WHQL, not present in 20.5.1 WHQL)

HK-1 likes this.

11. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro W5500
    Question, do you have any problems running games using a RX 5000 series?

12. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    Passus, Undying and PrEzi like this.
  13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the black screening is a display engine regression for AMD Failsync displays.
    The crashing is bad vendor overclocked 3080's.

itpro and LocoDiceGR like this.
  14. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 64 LC
    You seem to have an answer to everything...
    I truly recommend you send your CV to the driver development department (or maybe QM).
    Seems everything is related to either evil AIBs that pushed the chips too much or AMD Freesync.... even on an Nvidia card LoL.... Or even when Freesync is basically VRR VESA standard introduced in DP 1.2a official specification.
    Of course the fault is completely not on NV.... :rolleyes:
    (not that they provided the final specification and the final clocks in the last.... not even minutes.... would say - seconds before the launch to the AIBs... )

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    you too can have information, if you seek it instead of wait for it to be handed to you with a splash of tabloid journalism.

itpro likes this.

16. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    AMD did unify the display engine with RDNA1 so there is some possible connection at least for one case of the black screen error when it occurs and doesn't shut down the GPU or system entirely.

https://www.sapphirenation.net/the-last-gcn-and-the-age-of-rdna-and-cdna

[​IMG]

This could also explain some of the connectivity sensitivity but might be more in regards to certain displays and firmware issues.
    (Well together with wonky overall cable quality in some cases but more so for the RDNA1 cards seemingly.)

LG's fixing one of those display issues for the 3080's or Ampere in general from what I read although that's one display.
    Samsung's been doing something due to adaptive sync flicker issues too on the Odyssey displays I believe which might be more around AMD's FreeSync standard and certain differences in implementation but I'm not 100% on that only that they've released a few different firmware updates since the display came out.

Whereas for G-Sync the scalar bit is handled by NVIDIA's little hardware module so that part is identical across displays.
    The rest though I wouldn't know enough about like in regards to the GPU part of this.

17. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Monitors running Variable Sync on NVIDIA cards do not run FreeSync, as that's a proprietary software solution for AMD to handle VESA VRR standard. GSync Compatible would be the fail causing black screens by not complying with VESA Standard Protocol.

Go back to the NVIDIA forum, and stay there, where you belong.

Passus likes this.
  18. Spider-Vice

Spider-Vice Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 5700 8G
    Still pretty sure the cause of most black screens is people's PSU's and some daisy-chaining the PCI-E cables on lower quality PSU's. AFAIK 2080 Ti's also had power delivery issues on certain PSU's.

Doesn't matter if your PSU is of a reputable brand, it still could be unstable on a single rail with too much power.

19. Passus

Passus Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 Mech OC
    Why are you even in here mate? your an nvidia fan boy

Undying and PrEzi like this.
  20. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 64 LC
    Leave them be and you know... you shouldn't feed them....
    Both As** and it*** are known to rub their backs and praise NV every time they are able to.. no matter if they are in the church or where they don't belong (or maybe they _just_ forgot they are in the AMD driver section?).
    On the other hand --- Frank Azor has twitted that AMD shouldn't be a paper launch like NV did >
    https://mobile.twitter.com/AzorFrank/status/1309134647410991107?s=20
    "
    User: $10 says AMD will be a paper launch too.
    Frank: I look forward to taking your $10 :)
    "

And matching this -- a little (funny) off-topic
    [​IMG]

Passus likes this.