Radeon Adrenalin Edition 20.1.3 drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition, designed to give gamers deeply immersive gameplay and inspired by today’s era of social, connected gaming.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/amd-radeon-adrenalin-edition-20-1-3-driver-download.html

Support For

• Radeon RX 5600 XT
    Fixed Issues

• An intermittent black screen or loss of display may occur when performing parallel actions such as web browsing, gaming or watching video.
    • A limited number of games such as Nioh™, Dragon Quest Builders 2™, WWE™2k20, Dead or Alive 6™ and Atelier Ryza™ may crash or fail to launch.
    • Wolfenstein™ 2: The New Colossus is not detected in Radeon Software games manager.
    • Text overflow in some UI boxes or toast messages may be experienced in some language localizations.
    • Fan Tuning may change back to the default state when switching between available GPUs.
    • Copy text options are not available in the display specs table for Radeon Software.
    • An intermittent black screen or loss of display may occur when the system is left idle at desktop.
    • Factory Reset install may keep previously configured Radeon Software game profiles. This can cause mismatch between global graphics settings and per profile settings.
    Known Issues

• Grand Theft Auto™ 5 may experience a system hang or black screen at launch, when opening Radeon Overlay while in game, or after performing a task switch while in game.
    • Audio may intermittently be missing from Radeon ReLive recordings near the end of recorded clips.
    • Integer Scaling may cause some video content to show flicker when the display resolution is set to less than native resolution.
    • Multiple games may have very dark or very bright graphics in game when HDR is enabled in Windows®.
    • Radeon Anti-Lag enable and disable beep notifications may be played in error when individually pressing keys assigned to the hotkey.
    • The Radeon Software Overlay hotkey notification may sometimes be displayed during video playback in web browsers or launching some video player applications.
    • Integer Scaling option is not showing up or available on some Windows®7 system configurations.
    • Radeon Software may open with an inconsistent size or may not keep its previously set size when opened.
    • Some Vulkan® gaming applications may crash when performing a task switch with Radeon Image Sharpening enabled.
    • Some Radeon RX 5700 series graphics users may intermittently experience a black screen while gaming or on desktop. A potential temporary workaround is disabling hardware acceleration in applications running in the background such as web browsers or Discord.
    Package Contents
    The Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.1.3 installation package contains the following:

• Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.1.3 Driver Version 19.50.15.01 (Windows Driver Store Version 26.20.15015.1007)
    https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/amd-radeon-adrenalin-edition-20-1-3-driver-download.html

Jackalito, Krteq, AlleyViper and 5 others like this.
  2. Öhr

Öhr Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 5700XT @ H₂O
    Black screen fixes? Yes pls!

3. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    For all except for Navi users, it seems...ugh...

connos likes this.
  4. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    When they listed it as a known issue in 19.11.x, I did not have the BlackSOD. When they listed it as fixed in 19.12.2, I experienced the issue. Will upgrade and hope for the best.

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Well there are two separate issues here and AMD has fixed I think two or three before in earlier drivers but there's still others remaining though it's getting there.
    This fixes the task switch black screen possibly associated with AMD ReLive that has been reported for alt-tabbing or having media in the background though the other one with the sporadic Navi specific GPU crash is still a problem.
    (Or multiple problems really, kinda hard to say but I don't see it as a singular issue but multiple.)

EDIT: Random What The Floppy idle black screen might have been done in with this driver too.
    Good.

Wonder how many other issues there are in total then, guessing the remaining one is the hard to track possibly game or API specific one.

At least some of them could be replicated now like the shader error in Witcher 3 causing issues with both AMD and NVIDIA for that Blood and Wine cutscenes primarily at least for AMD when using High or Ultra shadow details, medium or low it seems to be running fine but above that the GPU driver crashes which for the Navi cards seem to manifest with the black screen shutdown error.
    (But could be yet another variant where the effect is just how the card is basically turning off and then there's various separate issues that cause this, not entirely sure.)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
    LocoDiceGR likes this.
  6. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Actually have been getting crashes lately - not black screens. Also having a black screen after waking from sleep.

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah the sleep mode and hibernation causing a display driver crash is another long running issue including fast boot support at least affecting Wattman to where it thinks the driver crashed and reset default values.

That and the recurring hardware acceleration works in one driver and hardware acceleration causes problems in another driver both need to be resolved and ideally have tests and check so this holds in later driver releases and doesn't regress again.
    Fixed in 19.9.x somewhere in general and Discord I think after that for 19.10.x and then both regressed and are currently kinda hit & miss in terms of works or crashes or causes the driver itself to crash.
    (Well Discord I think runs on Chromium or CEF so but it had a specific fix listed at one point but it's currently a problematic title with HW acceleration enabled again so that regressed.)

LocoDiceGR likes this.
  8. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    I may be wrong, but seems like a very basic level issue. This shouldn't be a thing.

9. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    just wonder if the 5600xt has the same black screen issues?

10. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    So far so good. Again I only install the driver itself through Device Manager, nothing more.
    While the HW acceleration issue in Chrome is easily worked around I would like it fixed.

11. RooiKreef

RooiKreef Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 Ventus
    Finally they fixed the black screen issue in web browsers. Now I can actually give this driver a shot.

12. UkOldGit

UkOldGit Member

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    Still experiencing exactly the same texture problems with my 5700 xt when playing Modern Warfare the only driver that appears to work correctly is the 19.12.1.
    19.12.2, 19.12.3, 20.1.1, 20.1.2 and 20.1.3 all cause the problem of disappearing and reappearing textures.
    I see no mention or acknowledgement of this problem by AMD.

13. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    Anyone else have this strange flicking with the mouse cursor? If you go to your desktop, its like the system is loading something. and it never goes away. The little blue circle thing keeps flicking/loading, anyone understand what i am saying?

i will make a video soon

14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Did a clean install using ddu. Played little Stalker Anomaly and few games of League, runs great, no issues here. I'll see on the next boot if my fan profiles are saved. Gonna do some more testing.

15. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Seems like you mean the busy signal. Nope, don't have that issue.

Have you restarted after the driver install?

16. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Is this something that would show up on YouTube? Should be super easy to find if driver related...

17. P.O.N.

P.O.N. Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX 4080
    I thought I was the only one with black screen issue. Nice

tag1975 likes this.
  18. tag1975

tag1975 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX Vega 56 oc
    been having random crashes from drivers 19.12.3 are these ones any better

19. Digilator