Radeon Adrenalin Edition 18.5.1 Drivers Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by NvidiaFreak650, May 18, 2018.

1. GeRmAnOs

GeRmAnOs Active Member

GPU:
    StriX Vega64
    MS Visual C++ 2015 is unified with MS Visual C++ 2017 now , so no need to install older version of vc++
    Install this pack and enjoy.
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/repack-visual-c-redistributable-runtimes-2018-05-27.76588/
    DOWNLOAD

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
  3. wuest3nfuchs

wuest3nfuchs Member

GPU:
    RX Vega56 Pulse WC
    Seems i'm back in here !
    18.5.1 for me so far worked very good according to my old sandy bridge!

I also had issues with visual c++ installations due to the installs of 2 games which overwrited the newest ones...

The version above seems to be banned or so,so i wouldn't trust it !
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/visual_c_redistributable_runtimes_aio_repack.html
    READ THE COMMENT below

from an admin of majorgeeks
    As people have asked us what happened, we've decided to respond to answer questions. We have hundreds, yes, hundreds of emails trying to appease the author right down to the silliest things.

We refused to list his last release because it made no sense. It was an interface to install Adobe Flash. You had to download each and every version of Adobe Flash, and once you did, you could install or uninstall Flash. We found the idea pointless, and that pissed him off. Most Flash is installed and updated by default, and it addressed a "problem" that didn't exist. Case in point, can you find any website that lists this new program? Probably not.

Because we didn't want to add his new app, and we refused to modify our current reviews to appease him, the author had a hissy fit and asked us to remove ALL his apps, and we obliged. That's not how we roll at MajorGeeks. If your programs good, it's here, if it sucks or makes no sense, we won't add it. We won't change our review we don't kiss a*s for a few hits.

The author has also pulled his pack from MDL forums and other websites as well so eventually he will run out of friends. No one, and we mean NO ONE, will respond within minutes, hundreds of times as we have, and soon enough, he'll be mad at the next website until his reputation is destroyed, if that hasn't already happened.

We wish him luck and if he ever gets back on his meds, or wants to be listed on MajorGeeks, we're more than willing to consider, but life goes on.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/f... is more than capable and has been downloaded 4-1 over this pack.

other package but latest from 10.4.2018

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/multipack_visual_c_installer.html

13.3.2018 another one

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/visual_c_redistributable_runtimes_aio_repack.html

The package i used is also from majorgeeks http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/visual_c_runtime_installer.html

And i had fun with it ,cause it worked out for me !

Eastcoasthandle and OnnA like this.
  4. sandia

sandia New Member

GPU:
    Does anybody know the reason every driver after 17.6.2 gives me 50-80 fps while 17.6.2 and previous drivers give me 150+ fps? (dx9 game)

Rx 460
    Fx6300
    W10 x64

5. spectatorx

spectatorx Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Specify the game so we could be able to narrow possibilities.

6. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Pulse
    far cry 5: anyone has random crash loading the first time a game from the menu? btw launching the game again then works

in respawn, it always works

7. sandia

sandia New Member

GPU:
    Sorry, game is Americas Army Proving Grounds.

8. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    I think it could have been the combo of
    MSI AB OSD
    NetworkPerfOverlay.drawgraph 1 (in BF1 this is enabled from the GUI)
    PerfOverlay.DrawGraph 1

All working at the same time in BF1. 3 out of 4 corners were occupied on my screen, lol. Instead of keeping one or two I disabled them all. And just use the FPS counter instead.

As for Forza 7, Monza (day time, 26 drivers, everything on Ultra except blur is off, 2xAA, 120% and 130% resolution) has been "my project" as I can't seem to isolate the occasional hitching. It's noticeable after 1's chican on the long bend. There is a repeated hitch, not a stutter a hitch (HD accessing). But the game is on SSD, separate drive (what a pain from MS to get it that way). BTW Monza is my favorite track so I know all the nuances.

Most other tracks are fine. And it seems to be update related. It wasn't happening before but since this recent update it's happening. I'm starting to think it's UWP security measures forcing some sort of check. But I cannot be sure.

9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Well RS4 and the additional security center has a lot of new options for Defender so it could be something like that. For UWP Microsoft has frequently updated the apps for the store itself, the store purchase helper and the XBox identity app used for account handling and verification and probably others though DVR / Gamebar and other system apps would be handled by the Windows Update mechanic and I don't think the latest .84 cumulative made any changes here though it did update several other system files.

So you're probably right, there might be other changes for this build too and the release notes feel more like a feature highlight and more detailed or thorough changes have to be looked up by the user via other means.

Eastcoasthandle and Jackalito like this.
  10. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900xt / RTX3090
    I'm having freezes running 3DMark Timespy even at stock clocks with this driver on my APU 2400G Vega 11 :/ , anyone else with this issue on an APU ?

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD

It's not related to SSD/HDD* (more like a Console 60FPS relation to me) -> You must have 60FPS V/noV any other Value give this hitch.... try ;)
    Horizon 3 is free from this bug.

* I have Samie 500GB SSD with Rapid Mode ~3GB/s load :D

Eastcoasthandle likes this.
  12. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Interesting thanks for the confirmation. I do recall some reflections breaking if you go beyond 60 fps.
    But you have to use vsync though. Sheesh...

Update:
    Well ain't that something. I just played Forza 7 at 60FPS w/Vsync and Monza is smooth. Even in the main menu with the driver fidgeting about. I noticed a lot of sun shafts while racing Monza in certain parts as well as beige color leaves and other effects. Can't say I noticed before but it's real noticeable now.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    OnnA likes this.
  13. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    Im Moder/Tweaker so no Game has secrets from Me :rolleyes:
    Im on 60 noV for MS7 and in Adrenalin i have Shader to OFF, w/FreeSync set to ON + Max FPS to 70 (like Monitor 70Hz 10Bit )

14. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Gotcha, I think. Thanks though. :)
    Why shaders off? Just curious...

OnnA likes this.
  15. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    Shader is OFF because UWP Games in DX12 have it's own Shader cache (no double is better IMO)

Eastcoasthandle likes this.

16. jm2k7

jm2k7 New Member

GPU:
    AMD XFX R9 280X
    Apparently, this driver does not like games based on the "unity" ex: subnautica. :(
    It hangs with a black screen or ejects it to the desktop, with an error.

I have returned to version 18.4.1 and everything normal. :)

17. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Yeah it's a known issue with 18.5.x I think I posted a URL earlier in this or the 18.5.2 topic perhaps it was which leads to a post over at OverclockersUK where a community manager from AMD confirmed they have a listing for this bug and are working on it.
    (Should be part of the known issues on the release notes at that point but at least they did mention it being a known issue.)

18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
  19. Dragonstongue

Dragonstongue Member

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3 OC
    problem is all crimson/adrenalin drivers I have used/tried do NOT work with afterburner (any version including the "stable final" 4.5.0 on win 7 x64)
    I really hate the lack of control that wattman has so I 10000000000000000% would love to have AB be the "control" for the clock speeds/voltages etc (which wattman is very very little fine grained control)

:(

20. holler

holler Master Guru

GPU:
    2x AMD Radeon VII
    I don't use AB for Radeon cards as I find it's too buggy and uses too many resources.
    Use OverdriveNTool:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    RzrTrek likes this.