Radeon Adrenalin Edition 18.5.1 Drivers Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by NvidiaFreak650, May 18, 2018.

1. spectatorx

spectatorx Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    I feel like i made a good choice by being lazy and skip these q2 2018 drivers as i see pretty many posts mentioning problems with that release.

2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    On my system only Forza has issues.

3. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Anyone using this driver that has not updated to 1803?

4. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Yes, and it works great on rx580 in 1709.

Eastcoasthandle likes this.

5. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rx480 8GB
    Solved the problems of previous drivers having video getting stuck in youtube.

GreenAlien likes this.
  6. llik

llik New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1050TI
    yep, that's it

7. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Radeon RX580 4GB
    I can confirm that :)
    BTW doesn't anyone have issue in mozilla, that it sometimes "flash" to black? I have this for pretty long time and I didn't noticed it in any other program (I didn't test in chrome, because it happen very occasionally)

8. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX480 GX 8GB
    Still, not a good user experience. But as long as it doesn't crash the card, it's just cosmetic. It can only be problematic on page showing temporary info that you can't scroll or refresh (due to resubmit).

Before I've found more users with this small chrome issue, my first thought was that there was also a problem with voltages on lower power states on high ASIC cards (the lowest P0, P1 and P2 voltages are set equal, instead of a tad lower than a "regular" gpu, as it starts to happen following P3), hence trying other official vbios.

We on RX480/RX580 don't really like to see green stuff popping. The last year there was a problem with drivers that persisted for more than half of the year were after or during playing video, other kind of green squares pattern appeared usually followed by a TDR. The culprit was the OC engine of the drivers (when there was any OC enabled, even if by 1Mhz) overvolting the card while playing video by .100V forcing the common ~1,150V default on videocards with rarer high ASIC Q such as mine that operate under 1,030V on stock load, and will crash when voltage is set as high. The problem was even worse if you had a manual offset voltage applied, because this bump it would be applied on top of it. Having drivers that couldn't properly deal with all ASIC levels wasn't something I'd expect from AMD in 2017.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  9. kaledtarek

kaledtarek Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX970
    Crysis 3 ? Have u tried it ? even in GPU Intensive Area frame stays from 50 to 60 then it goes directly to 110FPS then it goes down immediately to 50 it feels like the card heats but temps are good u gotta try it.

PS: All my games are working great.

10. xxela

xxela Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega64
    I don't have Crysis 3 installed, but I reinstalled the driver using DDU and the problem seems to be gone. 100% usage and much higher fps.

11. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 ❤ MESA 19.2
    I seem to be having another problem (new) with AMD Relive, where my streams will stop themselves after just a few minutes of broadcasting and then having to be restarted.

I've set it up so that I can't start or stop streaming without first having to take off my VR headset and pressing "Shift + Ctrl + Alt + S" to start and stop streaming (clearly not a user error).

Is this perhaps another bug linked with gaming in borderless windowed mode, or are we yet again in the great depths of the unknown? I don't know where to begin...

12. HeavySmok

HeavySmok Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 570 4GB
    Are you playing Crysis 2 in steam? If yes it's problem with steam crysis 2. Take the key from there (steam) and then download the game with "Origin" and redeem the key there. Had the same problem, problem solved with origin.

13. nichenstein

nichenstein Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 295x2
    Guys I need your help !!!!
    The past 4-5 h I ve been uninstalling via DDU v17.0.8.6 The latest driver and trying to install it clean. I get pc Freeze every time. The problem is last time the driver was working I tried to activate VSR in AMD Settings. I m using and old Sony Bavaria TV that can only show 720p 60fps and 1080i. After activating VSR Screen went black but moues and keyboard was working so I used team viewer to change the resolution back to 720p. All was good until I wanted to play some Witcher 3 (Dota 2 worked fine In vsr ). After the intro videos tv screen went black and my pc froze.
    The problem is every time I install any amd driver(older or this one) my pc stops working and screen is black. I tried uninstalling via Safe mode. (it works in safe mode fine, with the carp resolution);(it also works with the basic driver clean removal)
    I tried windows reset and updating via windows updates but same problem.
    I tried installing manually in safe mode via device manager it works only in safe mode after restart Login screen is black.

Recap I star my pc I can see windows logo and loading but as soon as I hit the login screen its blank and unresponsive ( I usually get thi black screen every update but I type blind my password and change resolution via TeamViewer but its unresponsive now)

It must be the registry or something. Can anyone please help me?

14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    VSR is stored or at least changes something in the display device I believe, removing the monitor and GPU from the system settings and device manager might reset these although reinstalling the driver should clear it so it's weird that it persists.

Though yeah 1080 interlaced and then AMD's inflexible VSR resolutions so I'm not too surprised it didn't work but the time out and restore to last working should have avoided any issues unless that didn't trigger for some reason.

EDIT: Ah the DAL settings under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video though you don't want to delete these manually and removing the driver and device should clear the info and then the OS will re-detect and reinstall either after a while on it's own or during reboot.
    (Though if you're connected to a network chances are it might try to pull a older driver for the GPU through Microsoft Update so might want to disconnect that first.)

EDIT: To try and explain a bit well beyond the AMD CNext settings saving to a similar registry path in addition to a few different config files if you were to save the registry as a file with and then without VSR active you should see a difference to this display device registry key between the two modes which is what this is trying and hopefully also working to restore back to a functional default value.

DDU would wipe the AMD files and driver info but I don't know if it alters the registry data here for the display and monitor settings since that's a bit outside of these even if the driver value for the custom VSR resolutions alters the registry key and it's best to try and restore or reset this through removal of the device itself rather than manually altering the key or deleting it just to avoid issues. :)

As for VSR being limited that's AMD proving a few set lists of resolutions and then games are sometimes not very smart and go for the highest reported rather than the currently used desktop res though I see here from your post that the OS itself is being problematic likely due to the monitor (Or TV rather.) not really handling above 1280x720p well since it's going via interlacing for 1920x1080 support.

Actually for TV I don't know how well AMD even works with VSR and TV's since they usually have less supported resolution choices.
    (Then there's DVI, Display Port and HDMI and bandwidth limitations but that's not the issue here and it's more to do with the resolution itself.)

Last edited: May 27, 2018
  15. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    For those having Crimson/Relive issues check to see if you have MS Visual C++ 2017 or 2018. Right now AMD is using 2015. Anything higher has a tendency to override 2015, for example.
    If you find anything with 2017 check by date to see if it has the same install date of an app. If not just uninstall it and reboot.
    MS was pushing out newer version for whatever reason a while back.

passenger likes this.

16. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    But 2017 should be backwards compatible although it is kinda new to see a version completely replacing a previous one instead of being separated since the earliest 2005 runtime redistributable.

Thought AMD upgraded to 2017 a while back too for C++ and it's Windows SDK but I usually don't check these folders in more detail so that could be incorrect and it's still using the older 2015 ones.
    Guessing 2015 won't be forward compatible with any newer game or application relying on these either.

And the UWP ones are separated entirely though there's a few compatibility files for Windows 7 that are standard in Windows 8 and newer.

EDIT: And the personal opinion is that these same as DirectX is too integral to the OS and many programs on Windows both games and applications so they never should have been split off at all and could have been managed through the regular monthly cumulative patches in a easy and simple manner without user action being required.
    (Some of the support files for Internet Explorer and Media Player especially are also used for Windows codec support for which absence of these in the E editions can cause programs to fail but keeping these while removing the program itself should have been possible.)

EDIT: And should might not always be enough, some programs need specific versions though they also often include the .dll with the program in this case.

Jackalito and Eastcoasthandle like this.
  17. kaledtarek

kaledtarek Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX970
    I always use DDU , but the problem still exist!

18. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Here is something very interesting. If you are having stuttering issues simply don't use any performance monitoring. That means disable or turn off
    -OSD to show you clock speed, mem speed, usagegraphics etc.
    -in game performance monitoring tools like PerfOverlay.DrawGraph 1
    -and anything else used to monitor how well you are performing in game.

I've found that just using the in game fps counter and nothing else does help improve smoothness during graphically intense situation like explosions, etc.

Jackalito likes this.
  19. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Sounds like the OSD might be affecting CPU a bit, it would vary from game to game though and then also depending on OSD software and optimizations of these or how often they update. Afterburner has a note on this for example when enabling multiple monitoring options. :)

Though I suppose for games like Crysis 3 the in-game overlays if enabled would be tailored to and optimized for the game but these too could have been refined in newer versions of the engine to be more lightweight or adjustable for how often they poll this info and thus reducing CPU load.
    (The game already does all physics on CPU and then AI and what not though Cry-Engine 3.x is multi-threaded so it avoids being bottlenecked like with the first Crysis game but then there's AMD GPU's and the DX11 CPU overhead too possibly being a factor.)

EDIT: Well it's an easy thing to check I guess, more demanding level and then OSD on and just play for a while and check how it feels and then turn it off and compare.
    (Placebo might be a problem though if the info such as the FPS value isn't directly visible giving a feeling of smoothness though it's individual how sensitive one is to dips and micro stuttering and what not.)

Eastcoasthandle likes this.
  20. The General

The General Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    I just install these, they work just fine. Videos, gaming, no problems,. Why is it showing 17.12 though, shouldn't it say 18.5.1? or i am missing how these drivers are written?
    [​IMG]