Radeon Adrenalin Edition 18.5.1 Drivers Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Catalyst Drivers Section' started by NvidiaFreak650, May 18, 2018.

1. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 64 8GB HBM2
    Support For

>> Download
    • Windows10 April 2018 Update
    • AMD Ryzen Desktop Processors with Radeon Vega Graphics
    • Ancestors Legacy
      • Up to 6% faster performance using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.5.1 on the Radeon RX Vega 56 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.4.1 at 1920x1080 (1080p).
      • Up to 13% faster performance using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.5.1 on the Radeon RX 580 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.4.1 at 1920x1080 (1080p).
    • Microsoft PlayReady3.0
      • Supported on Radeon RX 400 Series and Radeon RX 500 Series desktop graphics products.
    Fixed Issues
    • HBCC options may not properly reset to default when Radeon Settings “Restore Factory Defaults” option is selected.
    • Destiny2 may experience increasing load time durations when the game is run for extended periods of time.
    • Tearing may be observed in some borderless fullscreen games on Radeon FreeSync enabled displays when Radeon Software performance metrics is enabled.
    • Netflix playback through a web browser may experience corruption or hangs when using multi GPU enabled system configurations with Radeon RX 400 series or Radeon RX 500 series graphics products.
    • Radeon ReLive streaming or uploading of videos to Facebook may intermittently fail.
    Known Issues

• Some games may experience minor stuttering during gameplay when the Radeon ReLive Instant Replay feature is enabled and FRTC is also enabled.
    • Radeon Overlay may not show all available features when some games are run in borderless fullscreen mode.
    • The Witcher™ 3: Wild Hunt may experience stuttering during gameplay.
    • A system hang may occur on a small number of system configurations after Radeon Software installation if Radeon Settings is launched without a system reboot. A workaround is to reboot your system after install.
    Package Contents

The Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.5.1 installation package contains the following:

• Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.5.1 Driver Version 18.10.16 (Windows Driver Store Version 24.20.11016.4)

Update: Driver coming Monday May 21 in launch of State of Decay 2 while last min bug was found which driver was delay on Friday.

>> Download

Jackalito, LocoDiceGR, HK-1 and 5 others like this.
  2. inouext

inouext Member Guru

GPU:
    R7 Series
    Edit:

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  3. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 64 8GB HBM2
    AMD is weird, two drivers today. 18.5.1 and Q2

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Nice, so a driver for on-board GPU's (Finally, from what I've heard.) and then 18.5.1 for desktops later today then, maybe.
    (Must be recent, checked yesterday a bit before I went to bed and it was still the usual redirect and page not found, now it's a denied message so it's coming out soon hopefully.)

Jackalito, HK-1 and LocoDiceGR like this.

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiquiD
    Yo, THX for your insights :D :p
    It's about time...

Again if somebody have Freesync strobing problem (static loading screens)
    use CRU for adjusting FS range, if done perfect then no more strobing (for me 30-75 or 29-75 and it's OK for every game, 27,28 do not work with Forza M7)
    Also remember to reload settings in Adrenalin from time to time (e.g. you can save it by adjusting FPS range)

6. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 560 w8 4 Vega 56
    NvidiaFreak650 always on the duty! Thanks for your devotion :D!

7. arbys

arbys Member

GPU:
    2x Sapphire R9 Fury
    So when is this driver likely to be released? Is it too late for today?

8. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    If not in a few hours...then Tuesday along with state of decay 2 launch.

9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiquiD
    Last edited: May 18, 2018
  10. arbys

arbys Member

GPU:
    2x Sapphire R9 Fury

11. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 Fury
  12. spajdrik

spajdrik Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ACX
    No, it's also for dedicated cards. Since if you want to use hybrid crossfire, you can't install two drivers (APU+dedicated) at once.

13. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Can't you just flash it?

The downside being that unless it's 16.11.x or older it will *show* the modified values in any software that checks but it will *run* at the default 500Mhz though timings might be adjustable but not provide the same gains.
    (Something in the driver refusing to allow higher regardless even of bios modding.)

Eastcoasthandle likes this.
  14. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    R9 Fury
    Thanks I though perhaps that MSI or Trix was working that would allow you to increase HBM values.

15. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiquiD
    Some say it can't i say it can ;)
    Through BIOS Mod (all you need is in Our BIOS thread)

16. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    R9 Fury
    Gotcha thx

-----
    Q: Why does AMD cards take such a large hit in BF1 when flip queue size is set to 1? I'm talking around 30-40%. Fury wasn't the only card. In BF1 you have to add the binary

Right click on desktop
    Select AMD Readon Settings
    System
    HW AMD Radeon...Primary/Discrete
    Copy 2D Driver File Path
    Paste in NotePad
    Open Registry (regedit) and navigate to that section of the registry
    Add Binary: FlipQueueSize 31 00
    Reboot

Go into BF1 folder and create a file called User.cfg then add
    RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 1

Play BF1 with reduced frame rates.

I'm starting to believe that FQS was set to either 3-4. There use to be a way to check the to see what the FQS was set to in a game but that was sometime ago.
    In hindsight I see how a "youtuber" was able to get such low results in BF4 comparison.

Last edited: May 19, 2018
  17. johnthef|sh

johnthef|sh New Member

GPU:
    A10-7850K
    Can anyone tell me if the 7850K is still supported and not EOL?? Thanks. I hope this new driver set supports it.

18. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    If the info I found is correct then it's Kaveri and that's supported in the INF file at least so it should work, looks like something of a 200 series GPU which is also supported being part of GCN 1.1 :)

As for flip queue and render ahead I think DX12 has support for flip discard and waitable swap chain if using VSync (Has to be supported I believe, API standards and such.) but this needs a flip queue or render ahead value of 3 or 4 I believe, 3 I think is often the default or rather it needs back buffer count +1 or higher as I recall.
    Technically supported on DX11 too but rarely used (Never?) far as I know at least.

I don't think the game uses this for DX11 though and it might be a separate issue entirely even if VSync is used.

When possible I prefer to enforce 3 back buffers and 2 flip ques or how it's called (Software, SpecialK specifically.) but I often use a software framerate cap and with VSync disabled so I might have to look up how this worked again.
    (Trading input latency for stutter or framerate drops but if the GPU can keep up it shouldn't drop like that AFAIK.)

EDIT: Eh probably messing up the explanation a bit, still have a lot more to try and learn about DirectX and the graphics card and such too, it might be the cause or it might be something else the game does and dropping to a single render ahead frame value is causing the game to exhibit serious framerate drops. :)

Last edited: May 19, 2018
    Eastcoasthandle likes this.
  19. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    Same as the 18.4.1 the driver didnt go live after the weekend...

So 18.5.1 Monday night/Tuesday!:)

20. ultraex2003

ultraex2003 Active Member

GPU:
    Amd 2x290 Cfx
    i play with R9 290 bf1/rise of tomb raider/deus ex mankind/ashes of singularity with Q2 2018 just fine !!!:)

OnnA and LocoDiceGR like this.