Radeon Adrenalin Edition 18.4.1 Drivers Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Catalyst Drivers Section' started by NvidiaFreak650, Apr 29, 2018.

1. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 (8GB)
    I'm starting to think it's a problem on Mozilla's end (or at the very least linked with Firefox) even tried using the latest available beta (v60) but it's all the same and my Youtube videos keep freezing after 60 seconds (only the audio keeps playing in the background) and the only way for it to go away (temporarily) is to restart your browser, every minute, hence and repeat, it's becoming rather tedious...

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Disabling hardware acceleration or one of the about:config HW options probably helps but yeah it's been problematic on Firefox on and off for quite some time, fixed in a newer version and then it breaks or fixed in a newer driver and then it breaks and so on.

Guessing that's one reason why the upcoming changes to rendering is starting with NVIDIA at first though even this has gotten delay to at least v64 last I checked.
    (I upgraded to v61b3 earlier today but it's not related to these changes far as I know.)

EDIT: Support for web playback of VP9 is also still off by default on FFox I believe whereas it's enabled in Chrome, can be toggled but larger res videos would take a bit of CPU to play back and only newer GPU's and CPU's support hardware acceleration for this. (And Firefox is still working on supporting it fully thus why it defaults to off if I remember it right.)

HK-1 and RzrTrek like this.
  3. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
  4. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Master Guru

GPU:
    Last edited: May 10, 2018

5. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    Yeah, whatever they are, i bolded developers, before someone go and download them without knowing.

Also:

1. Will Raven Ridge’s driver releases (speaking of Windows drivers) ever be integrated or consolidated into the same releases as the main discrete graphics driver branch?

1 - Yes, and you should see this happen this month

https://forums.anandtech.com/thread...-wednesday-may-9.2545291/page-3#post-39418338

6. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX460
    hmmW10 1803 PFW modified by me works like a charm however ... does not accept AMD beta drivers! not even after reconfiguring in gpedit.msc...;)

7. Erroneus

Erroneus Member

GPU:
    RX580 Nitro+
    Reinstalling the 18.4.1 driver fixed this problem for me in Firefox.

8. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 (8GB)
    I've already reinstalled the driver using DDU maybe 5 or 6 times since updating to 1803 no change and have yet not seen much improvement by disabling hardware acceleration.

9. arbys

arbys Member

GPU:
    2x Sapphire R9 Fury
    I don't have that problem either on 18.4.1, what non-default settings are you using in Adrenaline? maybe it's something under video?

10. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Radeon RX580 4GB

Do you use some ADblocker? Because it looks like it's caused but it. I use uBlock and Privacy Badger. If they are enabled (one or both doesn't care) it freeze. After enabling googleads.g.doubleclick.net in Privacy Badger and setting off cosmetic filtering in uBlock, it looks OK.
    Start with restarting Mozilla to "safe mode" (all addons disabled) to see if it still happen :)

11. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 (8GB)
    [​IMG]

I get this every now and then when I start or reinitialize a stream with the hotkeys and start recording a video.

I don't know if it's linked with me playing my games in fullscreen windowed mode, but it's becoming very tiresome.

Dr451 likes this.
  12. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7950 Vapor-X 3GB
    I am very happy to report that with these set of drivers, running Windows 10 April Update, I can hardly ever reproduce the UVD clock bug. It's almost non existent, and occurs rarely.

AMD is heading in the right direction. Thanks to WDDM 2.4, I am getting a 3% higher maximum framerate on HD 7950, HD 7970, R9 390X, R9 Fury, and the RX 580 8G. The minimum and the average framerate are pretty much the same.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    Jackalito, AlleyViper and OnnA like this.
  13. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD 7850 OC
    That's nice to know, WU is now automatically downloading the spring update.
    Will see if everything goes fine.
    All my home computers decided to update today, so today is the day where I do all the maintanence of all stuff. XD

Romulus_ut3 and OnnA like this.
  14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Fiji-X HBM 1120/575
    Windows 10 April Update - All Ok, AC:O works much better (average is higher ~2-4FPS w/good Low's)
    Im Happy, 2 weeks now, and NP.

Romulus_ut3 likes this.
  15. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Fiji-X HBM 1120/575

16. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX460
    hmm very strange this dawn I opened AMD Settings to check for updates the program pointed to availability for the driver 18.4.1 then strangely appeared another window of updates so I decided to click to check these updates then Windows simply froze totally being necessary I reboot by the reset button ...;)o_O:mad:

RzrTrek likes this.
  17. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Perhaps it found some set on the Microsoft Update file repository and tried grabbing that, occasionally a driver.xml file is also generated in the temp folder but I don't think there's a new driver available through AMD and it's just a thing that happens.

18. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX460
    yep, this never happened before so I don't installed nothing stay for a while with 18.2.1 ;)o_O my system works like a charm for me this build 1803 is fantastic but after I make severals modifications in it (excess of bloatware Jezz) :D

19. spectatorx

spectatorx Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 380 4GB
    As i promised here is little comparison of gaming performance between two builds of windows (pre-spring vs spring update).

Pre-spring:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/124189504@N07/albums/72157667018535677
    3Dmark:
    2677 points
    https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/26468714

Spring update build:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/124189504@N07/albums/72157667018645257
    3Dmark:
    https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/26490874

As you can see in most cases differences are minor, the only exception is final fantasy's pre-release benchmark where boost is fairly significant. Also noticeable improvement is in assassin's creed origins but far from anything improving experience in real gameplay. I would say differences are so little i could conclude them as coming from fresh install of OS not actual improved performance of Windows 10.

HK-1, OnnA and LocoDiceGR like this.
  20. garyb

garyb Member

GPU:
    XFX RX 580 8gb
    These drivers causing crashing in PUBG rolled back to 18.3.4 no more crashing.