Radeon Adrenalin Edition 18.3.4 Drivers Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mtrai, Mar 26, 2018.

1. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    xaxaxaxaxaxa :D

2. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    GigaByte RX5700 GO
    I also though that. But after reading this thread and testing I changed my mind: https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/enhanced-sync-is-overrated.418552/
    With VSync ON and limiting FPS 3FPS below max Frequency of monitor works best for me.
    Without Vsync I had in some games (e.g. Witcher) EDIT: stuttering even with FS...

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I stayed out of that thread intentionally. Not to alienate that many people as there is a lot of misconception in that thread.
    Tearing is consequence of buffer being swapped while it is being sent to screen. And as such, screen receives part of newer frame instead of remainder of old one.
    Only way to get tearing with FS through this mechanism is if you render more FPS than screen can pull. For that case VSync is good protector. As fps limit does not work with 100% accuracy. Especially in render ahead situations.

4. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    GigaByte RX5700 GO
    Now I see that I wrote it badly. I didn't mean tearing of the picture but stuttering :)
    As I said, I tried it and it really helped me. I know what Vsync is and how FS should work, that's why I was also surprised. Maybe it's some fault of the engine, I don't say that every game did it, but I'm now playing all games with Vsync and FPS limit and it's butter smooth.

5. iakoboss7

iakoboss7 Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 480
    are they not a bit late with the drivers? do we know anything about the new ones?

6. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Late for what? Anything happened and they are late?

7. Krteq

Krteq Master Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 +64 BIOS
    Well, MS was about to release 1803 last Tuesday, but they postponed it. I think AMD is just waiting for MS and RS4 release.

8. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900XT
    Jackalito, HK-1 and LocoDiceGR like this.
  9. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Nice, lets see if we get some new GPU drivers also.

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    I've been checking daily (Well, nightly.) since last Wednesday but still nothing so far, next week then?

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+10+-+64
    Nothing here.

https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-ar...e-Adrenalin-Edition-18.3.4-Release-Notes.aspx
    Still unchanged.

https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-ar...e-Adrenalin-Edition-18.4.1-Release-Notes.aspx
    Still no 401 access denied error so nothing here, for now.

EDIT: Now watch as it just pops out from nowhere in a few hours or something.
    (And nothing here either. https://support.amd.com/en-us/download/catalyst-hotfixes )

Jackalito, Krteq and LocoDiceGR like this.

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
  12. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S A|480 X
    At least for the RX580, the newer Armor MK2 MSI series that came out of this GPP has coolers with larger fans, memory plate and blackplate, better than the entry Armor line, but clocks are way lower than on the Gaming X models that disappeared, and underneath the new larger fan shroud, there still seem to be the smaller Armor coolers with less area and heatpipes. Also, older Armor cards had less VRM phases than Gaming models with similar PCB, so I wouldn't be surprised if the MK2 are the same. MSI just gave up decent AMD cards for now, as the Armor MK2 sits between the older Armor and Gaming, without being comparable to the later.

Asus Arez cards on the outside seem similar to the older dual oc or strix models with only a fan sticker change, hopefully they weren't crapped on clocks or vrm components.

OnnA likes this.
  13. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    Yup i like Ares/Arez more TBF
    And let's us hope that it will only benefit ATI in a long term :p

But also we need 4k 100-144FPS Capable GPUs -> That is not an easy task....

14. Krteq

Krteq Master Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 +64 BIOS
    Cmon OnnA, don't drag that nV sh... ehm, GPP here.

Jackalito and OnnA like this.
  15. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    OK, then -> deleted almost everything (i will leave links only ;) in En & Ger)
    Also all in alll is about make it silent (If some WEB site write about it it will loose the GPP benefits)

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018

16. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
  17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
  18. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    Yeah, what you said @OnnA and no new games after all, no reason to rush April's drivers. This week, sometime, we will get something probably anything 18.4.related or maybe, we will get 18.5.1 directly (this is most likely to happen).

19. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    I bet one a full WHQL signed driver with the direct launch of the new Windows version :)
    We probably only receive 18.5.1 if there is games that justifies or some hotfixing for the damage that the 18.4 might cause.
    With luck we get ourselfs a new branch again with improved DX11 drawcalls.
    This branch is already dragging for a lot of time :D

OnnA and LocoDiceGR like this.
  20. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    This isn't nvidia. Only expect new drivers when major games come out or there is a major bug to be fixed. Everything else gets released in the usual monthly rate.