Radeon Adrenalin Edition 18.3.4 Drivers Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mtrai, Mar 26, 2018.

1. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    What?

2. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x RX 480 Nitro 4GB
    Cry more, seriously.

The OSD is not permanently on and easy to hide. Its simple as hell to do.
    You are not forced to use anything added. by AMD.
    But ironically, I bet you would moan that AMD had no actually driver level supported recording even if you are not a streamer.
    Recording gameplay is much easier now at driver level and has less FPS impact even then an OBS with AMD support.
    If you actually researched and were not so ignorant, you would know most streamers, Nvidia or AMD use OBS for twitch.
    You get no custom overlay with geforce experience, nor do you with ReLive. But hey, keep spewing your dribble.

Jackalito, Krteq and LocoDiceGR like this.
  3. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    It gives them meaning. Second life you know. Twitch or something else. They can't live the road of old school lone gamer. They even think that they are gamers but they aren't just low leveled ones, even those of e-sports. It isn't anymore about loving the game, it's about selling the game, image, video, friendship. Anyway, I don't think it is eating resources if you don't use it, so don't feel bad performance wise is irrelevant unless you suddenly pop up all useless things by new age professional shepherds keeping the social sheep in bounds.

And be careful here fanboys' army is strong and powerful, you say bad about AMD they will commit suicide or kill you with teamwork. AMD is their third life, it is the only site happening years now. :)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
    RzrTrek likes this.
  4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Can it record Doom?

I've wondered about this for a while and haven't really gotten around to trying it.

5. spectatorx

spectatorx Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Yes, it can. I recorded this video with it:

KissSh0t, Krteq and Agonist like this.
  6. Embra

Embra Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 Nitro+LE
    These drivers are pretty solid for me. I normally update every 3-4 releases. I did update to 18.3.3 and kept having free-sync turning on and off oddly on the desktop. This has stopped and all is good.

7. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    So seeing as Crossfire wasn't working right I used DDU to remove all the old drivers and did a clean install, and now strangely there's no Farcry5 profile:

[​IMG]

A profile for the editor isn't exactly useful :( Pressed scan multiple times.

8. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    Add game shortcut to desktop or add it manually.

9. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
  10. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti Sli
    Some apps won't get detected, I had to add several games manual to get these displayed in the radeonsettings, but the profiles should work even if the app isn't listed. FC5 was detected in my case though and CF is working.

11. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Thanks for the replies guys :)

Yep of course I know I can add manually, just weird it wasn't there on a clean install yet when I installed over the top of the last drivers it did have the profile. I added it manually but still crossfire is terrible :(

12. garyb

garyb Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080TI 11GB
    A lite version would be nice.

13. shakyor

shakyor Member

GPU:
    380x
    Everything works great, only chill does not work. :(

14. spectatorx

spectatorx Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    If you mean installation then something like this should be achievable already by installing driver via device manager and pointing .inf file. If you mean separate download available then amd definitely could do something like this or even someone from community just modify driver installer by removing unwanted components.

Your question made me aware i haven't recorded any video of final version of doom yet so instantly fixed it and made quick performance video using radeon relive recorder. Also there was good occasion to do so as on March 29th was released a 1.4GB patch, no changelog provided. That was odd to see a patch for a game which supposed to never get any patches anymore. If anyone is interested here is video showing performance of the game in 3 popular resolutions (1920x1080, 2560x1440, 3840x2160) and 1920x1080 i compared without aa and with aa enabled, all this on Vulkan API:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    HK-1, Jackalito and KissSh0t like this.
  15. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 ❤ MESA 19.2
    I'm part of the millennial generation, but I know how you feel, there's just too much focus on nonessential features to help keep your self-absorbing social status instead of enjoying the game, but the driver itself seems to be running fine with my games (Project Cars 2, Space Hulk: Deathwing, F1 2017, XCOM 2 & The Witcher 3) and I've been able to keep my memory at 2250MHz stable.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
    Embra, arbys, OnnA and 2 others like this.

16. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    Yeap it runs great, only GoW 4 not working and I got a refund from Microsoft. All other games of mine play greatly with current drivers, I can't complain. There are tons of other software like Microsoft Store bugs and/or Windows 10 OS itself to blame sometimes.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  17. garyb

garyb Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080TI 11GB
    Yes thats what i meant, as much as i like the osd features and recording the rest doesn't really interest me. I would prefer an official lite version with the ability to install what extras i like similar to the option of installing relive.

warlord and arbys like this.
  18. arbys

arbys Member

GPU:
    2x Sapphire R9 Fury
    +1

It would be nice because features like AMD Relive *might* be the cause of some bugs like this 100% load bug: http://www.overclock.net/forum/67-a...sage-bug-after-streaming-videos-rx-480-a.html

warlord likes this.
  19. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    For no-lifers PC stuck people antipathetic fanboys here, AMD drivers are feather light. Careful what you say people, I warn you. It is impossible to consider that Relive has any garbage inside. Improper for the forums.

20. gvarv

gvarv New Member

GPU:
    Vega56 - LC
    Did a "dirty upgrade" from 18.3.3 to these, and had numerous issues. Restart safe mode, deleted all the crap in AMD folder before running DDU. Installed 18.3.4 and now all is well. I am disgustingly happy with my Vega 56, which I have retrofitted with a cheap water cooling solution. Can run stably at 1750/1050 - but much much nicer to enable chill+freesync and do 50-60 FPS gaming (100-120 frames displayed on my MG279Q) at sub 100 watts. Its like gaming finally done right!

Kaerar, Krteq and OnnA like this.