Radeon Adrenalin Edition 18.2.1 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by NvidiaFreak650, Feb 1, 2018.

1. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    Vega FE have a seperate driver as far as i know.

Its a card for developers, but you already know that i guess.

2. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    We're gonna cool it here.

3. Shellar

Shellar Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    Hmm.. games profiles with this drivers do survive CLI shutdown. Now to find out what if anything I did differently by trying to break them.

4. Rootax

Rootax Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega FE 1.6ghz /WC
    I know, but form like 17.10 to 18.1.1, it was possible to install rx driver on Vega FE :) So, I just confirm the change from previous version.

AlleyViper likes this.

5. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 ❤ MESA 20.2+
    At first I thought my PC had been infected by a "bitcoin miner", but as it turns out, AMDDVR was the cause.

6. lycanwrath

lycanwrath Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX480 8GB ref
    zino86 and Jackalito like this.
  7. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    This drivers are now WHQL and set to the regular branch mode instead of the optional.

AlleyViper likes this.
  8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    From February 1st to February 7th though yeah there's probably not too many differences aside from being officially WHQL'd now. :)

9. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    @JonasBeckman Well relive audio is still broken for me -.-.
    Impressive how this is a recommended a driver :/

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Yeah I'm checking the files at the moment but I'm expecting this has the same issues as 18.2.1 though I do need to check now if the known and fixed issues sections were updated.

I did spot that the WHQL driver got rid of hsa-thunk.dll and hsa-thunk64.dll so there's 148 files for the driver now instead of 150 for whatever reason and what these files might have been used for.

EDIT: APU related perhaps?
    https://github.com/HSAFoundation/HSA-Runtime-AMD

EDIT: And from a quick comparison Atiapfxx.blb is identical so no changes there.

EDIT: But The INF file has some smaller changes.

AMD Vega Frontier support is back for one thing. :)

That's this. ->

[ATI.Mfg.NTamd64.10.0.1]
    "%AMD6863.1%" = ati2mtag_R7500, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6863&REV_00

So with AMD6863.1 as a search term and then this. ->

[Strings]
    AMD6863.1 = "Radeon Vega Frontier Edition"

And we have the product name. :)

And for [DS.System32] and [DS.System64] the two .dll files are no longer listed.

hsa-thunk64.dll,,,0x00004000
    hsa-thunk.dll,,,0x00004000

These are gone for some reason.

And a bit further down this has also been removed.

HKR,,BDF4FB97EEEFFDEFFDFF, %REG_BINARY%,5B,BF,06,A0

For this section:
    [ati2mtag_R575_SoftwareDeviceSettings]

Possibly matching this GPU.
    AMD6811.1 = "AMD Radeon(TM) R9 270"

Which is no longer found in the INF file.

That's basically the same method as with Frontier above. :)

So the [Strings] section.

And then there's AMD6811.1 to AMD6811.15 for one driver but only AMD6811.14 for this driver so the one missing is this:

"%AMD6811.1%" = ati2mtag_R575DS, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6811&SUBSYS_0B041002&REV_00

Which comes back to the [Strings] category and the GPU device names and then this 270 listing is gone from the newer driver. :)
    (And the R575 name.)

As is this line also found under [Strings] :

AMDKFD = "AMD HSA (with WDDM)"

Which probably explains the two missing HSA .dll files in this driver.

Not too much but it's interesting to see what they change although this is mostly a very simple overview and it's not always clear why something was changed or what was changed depending if it's possible to find device names or not or if the settings have a clearly defined name or just what looks like a random line of characters. :)

So In short these look like they dropped support for one GPU that being the R9 270 compared to 18.2.1 Feb1st but in turn it added back support for Vega Frontier for these new 18.2.1 Feb7th drivers.

No changes to the application profiles files though there could be changes to the .dll files which I can't see although from a file comparison the only change is the HSA .dll's and that AMDKFD feature missing.

I'm expecting there's newer dates for the AMD HD Audio drivers and Catalyst Next settings software although there's usually not much posted for what's changed in these components.
    (And Vulkan is still unchanged from 1.0.65.0 so no updates there although last I checked the latest runtime is still 1.0.65.1 as a small fix for a installer issue with the initial version.)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    passenger, Embra, inouext and 4 others like this.

11. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire V56 Pulse
    Unfortunately, almost all ReLive versions create the same weird problem on a HP laptop (A8 with R5 graphs).

Every 5-6'' or so, the mouse freezes for about 1'' (I guess it's a system freeze), regardless of use/workload.

Uninstalling the drivers+ReLive suite and updating via WU (Win10, driver only, no control center), is the only solution.

12. inouext

inouext Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Maybe a bit off topic but i got a Godavari APU (Kaveri rebrand).
    And this driver fixed a bsod that i always got with the newest Catalyst, the last stable one for me was 15.11.1b.
    My issue listed here. https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/6rzrpw/apu_bsod_with_latest_drivers/
    Maybe this 2 files who got removed was related to my issue or maybe i got lucky.
    Now everything is working ok with this driver.

HK-1, Jackalito and OnnA like this.
  13. akirabbq

akirabbq Member

GPU:
    Vega FE
    Confirm 18.2.1 WHQL works with Vega FE in gaming mode.

OnnA likes this.
  14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    So far is Great :D
    No bugs.

15. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 570 4GB
    Same here.

16. mpv73

mpv73 Member

GPU:
    RX 560 4GB
    This was actually fixed by installing the latest Windows 10 update. Which was nice, now I can finally use these new drivers.

17. Shellar

Shellar Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    I think I figured it out why games profiles were reverting to global defaults after reboot / CLI shutdown. There is a task StartCN that starts cncmd with startwithdelay argument. It does its thing at user logon (runs, and then quits). I have this task modified (OCD. Fixing Author). I had an .xml file (exported task) with corrected author sitting on my network ready to be imported for the next drivers install. And.. I accidently deleted it and had to recreate it. I think (unless AMD does something differently now regarding profiles, but… I doubt it – the way they handle profiles is still not very elegant), I might have fat fingered something in that now deleted .xml that caused all the problems for me. Now, for the second fresh drivers re-install, profiles just work. So, there’s that, the whole thing was probably caused by me and there’s no easy way to blame this on AMD or the usual ‘Microsoft update did it’.
    (The other task, new with Adrenalin, - StartDVR isn't affecting profiles, I have it disabled)

And latest drivers’ Radeon Settings does remember window position (and size) … until reboot or when one restarts its process. Is this something new?

18. nilo

nilo Member Guru

GPU:
    HIS HD7970 IceQ2 CFX
    [​IMG]

Why I don't have Crossfire option?
    I do not understand, if detects both gfx cards.

19. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    It should be on the next tab along, is for me.

20. Shellar

Shellar Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    Yep. It's right to left, like in Arabic writing. The primary card, where one would have XF option, is on the right, linked cards are to the left.
    edit: click on system tile in Radeon Settings - and look at position of your cards there, it all will be clear then.