Radeon 9600SE on AMD Duron Problem

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Alex Dallaway, Nov 30, 2003.

1. I started my computer up after uninstalling the other card with the new card in (AGP) in the correct AGP port. At startup I got something saying it had located a "Standard PCI Graphics Adapter (VGA)" , it then asked if I would like to search for drivers. I did the search and found them and then restarted when asked. Next startup I get something saying it had located a "Standard This may be a drivers problem, not sure,

PCI Graphics Adapter" (this didn't have VGA) on the end of it) It asked the same things and searched for a driver and aparently found one and then I resarted the computer on request. Next startup my grapics were still crappy and I couldnt change the resolution or any settings (I'm guessing this is because it was not running off my video card) I was told that my processor may need an AGP upgrade so I went to http://www.amd.com and searched for one for my OS (WinME) I think that I got the correct one (Windows® ME AGP Miniport Driver) and I installed that. I resatrted again and still no change. Could someone please help me out a little with the problem as I paid $130 for this video card and it's customer support isn't working over the weekend.

Thankyou in advance,
    Alex

Windows Millenium Edition
    AMD Duron Processor
    ATI 128mb DDR 9600SE Video card

2. David Deed

David Deed Don Alfa Terga Inconiti

GPU:
    Geforce 6600