Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.2 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 19, 2018.

1. SpecChum

SpecChum Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 - Acer XR34
    Yeah, yeah, glory seeker lol

(I know you know, but I am only kidding, just to make sure haha)

2. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Anyone noticing anything with these drivers regarding performance?

3. gabsvm

gabsvm Active Member

GPU:
    RX 480 8gb
    Hi people, im back to amd xD first HD 6570 to GTX 650 and now R7 250X :D im experiencing less fps using dx12 in Shadow of The Tomb Raider and Hitman 2016. I5 3450, 8gb ram ddr3 in Windows 1607. New windows versions have better performance with dx12 because of newer wddm models? Maybe thats reason but idk, need some help here xD

4. spectatorx

spectatorx Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    You expect from your gpu way too much. It is weaker than r7 260x which was slightly improved radeon hd7790 (slightly higher clocks, added hardware support for amd true audio) so i would assume 250x is a modified hd7770, i had both (hd7770 and hd7790), at their time they were decent, cheap cards but in 2018 i wouldn't dare to run on them any new game and especially as demanding as shadow of tomb raider, even on lowest settings. Currently we have black friday going on and for example at newegg i see amazing prices for gpus (even more amazing when compared to local prices where i live which in some cases we pay double...). I would suggest you to upgrade to at least new rx570 or used rx580.

INSTG8R and OnnA like this.

5. gabsvm

gabsvm Active Member

GPU:
    RX 480 8gb
    Sure, i will upgrade when i can do it xD But im just curious, dx11 run way better in both games, i have a 1366x768 monitor, so im playing Shadow at 30 fps good enought for my hardware in dx11, im not complaining. Just want to know. Here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Display_Driver_Model says the changes for every wddm model for every windows version.

6. KyleStilkey

KyleStilkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+
    I know this, that's why I said I'm glad it's going to BE fixed NOT it's fixed. This issue was resolved a few months back but I guess it's back again as this is so annoying it's not even funny.

7. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
  8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Now i have 3Dmark Advanced ;) (was on Sale at Stem)
    To test this Big Driver :D

9. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    Windows Update if forcing me to install other driver under the date of 20-nov-2018 (ver.25.20.14016.1) Whatever MS.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  10. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    Mine drivers also was updated via windows update, and by the look of the driver date, and numbers, BUT it detect them as 17.12 with is December 2017 build, dont know what microsoft is doing, simple typo.
    No info on AMD site or over here so, interesting.

[​IMG]

11. shakyor

shakyor Member

GPU:
    380x
    17.12 wtf

12. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    I have blocked all those kind of crap from miscrosoft with -> https://wpd.app/

or DDU prevents that just fine on my computer.

OnnA likes this.
  13. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    It is newer in everything. Microsoft and date build tell us the truth. And it has no relive crap at all so it is a win win driver for me at the moment. Adrenalin version means nothing at all fyi.

14. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    @freeman94 You should use DDU first if you want to be fresh. Look my picture above. My versions are different after clean install. You have mixed drivers/package, so it isn't good for either performance or stability. ;)

15. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 ❤ MESA 19.2
    You do know that you don't have to install all of their bloatware right?

warlord likes this.

16. spectatorx

spectatorx Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    warlord is a type of person who enjoys suffering, he should buy geforce or switch to intel gpu long time ago but he prefers to keep on using "the worst" hardware and software that exists in his own world. That itself would be ok but real problem is he shares it with publicity, this kind of exhibitionism is intriguing to say the least. To be honest i wonder how this guy is not banned yet for things he posts.

About microsoft driver... i do not have that problem as i have windows 10 automatic drivers disabled within windows options. I doubt driver itself really is 17.12, probably some modified fairly fresh driver with 17.12 as date/version placeholder, at least that would make more sense.

Undying likes this.
  17. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    Microsoft update's driver, IS NOT GIVING RELIVE TAB and provides 0 telemetry to AMD. :) It's not quite the same is it? :)

18. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    We (mods) will handle who will get banned , no need express your thoughts about it , which can be seem as flaming. If you have a problem with his posts, you can either report him, or even better put him on your ignore list. (because that is what its there for!)

19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    The update is just from Microsoft Update catalog.

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Home.aspx

Finding things via this isn't the easiest though since it only returns so many results so it can be tricky to find the latest files, also since it's a newer file date these things can override installed drivers even if the files themselves are a older version. I prefer to block updates via the system settings and then also the group policy editor for Win10 Pro and higher but while it's worked so far this only helps when there is a existing driver installed. :)

For clean install you want to disconnect the computer first or Microsoft will pull whatever from the update server and force it and that just means extra work and cleaning out who knows what it pulled.
    (Newer GPU at least forces a reasonably new driver, old GPU and hello years old file from the server and extra cleaning.)

EDIT:
    https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=vega

So there's a driver from late November at version 24.20.xx and then from October there's a driver at version 25.20.xx so you never really know what the update service will try to download and trying to do a search can be problematic unless you know the exact name or version number.

As a example. I don't find the service very reliable for keeping the driver up to date but I suppose it's good for OEM's and similar although there's no fine control over the process without using third party utilities or tweaking the deeper settings in Windows 10 and even that isn't fully reliable anymore. :)

EDIT: Oh and these don't have the files found in newer builds for testing so things for Redstone6/H1 2019 or whatever it will be called aren't listed here.

I guess that's what the above download might be for if Warlord is using a fast or slow ring build from this upcoming version of Win10 :)

20. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 560 w8 4 Vega 56