Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 22.1.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by GSDragoon, Jan 11, 2022.

1. The Creator

The Creator Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6800XT LE
    No noticeable difference between "AMD Optimized", "6X" and "Use application settings". Around 100 fps (1440p ULTRA) at this place at the beginning of the game:

ScreenShot-2022-1-16_23-31-18.jpg

Sorry, but I can't capture the metrics from the overlay into the screenshot.

only3d and Agonist like this.
  2. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 5700 XT
    On 5700 XT, between Application Controlled and X8 Tessellation Override + Filtering On Performance/On, I got 4 fps more than default driver settings.

Eastcoasthandle likes this.
  3. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    So, the 5700xt can still be effected by this.
    Thanks for sharing. Are you using the patched version?

4. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 5700 XT
    Yes, 1.01.

Eastcoasthandle likes this.

5. pyza666

pyza666 New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700XT
  6. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    RadeonPro W6600
    You know its bad when you use drivers from 2020 that out performs a driver that came out in 2022. Happily using Adrenalin 20.9.1.

Reminded me of the good days of using that Nvidia driver nvidia 337.50 Beta. OMG that was the best driver ever release and it out perform drivers after that 2-3 years later. Not until about 3-4 years later than the finally put a driver that works good like 337.50.

tyman likes this.
  7. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3060 TUF
    I had no performance issues with any driver after 337.50 on Kepler, CPU performance in BF4 and Crysis 3 still was vastly improved (especially with 4C 8T CPUs).

8. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    RadeonPro W6600
    Well performance wise when i used them for when i was using Nvidia cards back then, newer drivers wasn't as fast fps wise. Same with Adrenalin, really depends on the GPU. Because using the Radeon Pro W5500, the Adrenalin 20.9.1 are faster performance wise and more stable, then the newer drivers. New drivers are just fine, but best framerate always seems to be better with older drivers.

I am interested in checking out 22.1.3 though.

9. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 5700 XT
  10. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900XT
    Sorry to say but in GoW compared to the latest DXVK-Async (1.9.3) yours has stuttering all over the places where the "original" one doesn't. Tested in different areas and it is especially visible during area-changes (where the shaders are loaded?). Both were using the same async=true parameter.

11. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 5700 XT
    AMD rep answered to my DXVK ticket (from GitHub) on Reddit, said they're working on fixing DXVK rendering on God of War for RDNA1. Awesome.

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    awesome

13. trevtrev19

trevtrev19 Active Member

New driver is out

Cryio likes this.
  14. Exodite

Exodite Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    Those benchmarks of GoW are super interesting, in a weird way.

The 3080 seem entirely GPU bound, even at 1080p with DLSS/FSR if I understand the graphs correctly? At max settings though. Given how weak the consoles traditionally have been on the CPU front, and looking at games like HZD and Death Stranding that are quite GPU-bound, I can absolutely see that as reasonable. Everything from the 3600X to the 12900K produces the same results.

With the 6900XT however, things are vastly different and the performance seem more CPU bound than anything.

It kinda reminds me of the bad old times where some Nvidia-exclusive graphics features were being emulated, poorly, in software which caused huge performance issues when running on non-Nvidia hardware. I don't want to be conspirational and I haven't checked out other performance reviews of the game so this might just be a fluke.

I'm just saying the performance is weird, I'd understand it if Radeon cards were consistently performing worse but this isn't consistent at all and traditionally it's Nvidia who's hit the CPU harder.

15. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel Haswell iGPU
    All that PS4 optimization for AMD hardware is gone thanks to Nvidia

16. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    From what I've seen this game doesn't need anything more then 60-70 FPS to obtain it's optimally smooth gameplay.

But from what I've gathered the biggest issue with GOW was that it was developed on PC using DX11. Almost 7 years after DX12 was released. Which is a very odd decision in this day and time. I've not personally played a DX11 AAA title game in some time now. Yet this developer decided to use it.

Let's make no mistake, DX11 wasn't and still is not Radeon's strong suite. And going back to it now after we transitioned from DX11, when DX12 offers so much more from a developers POV, makes the decision that much more suspect. But that's just my opinion.

I wonder if AMD's relations with Sony can convince the developer to "update" to a DX12 version using async compute and optimize the code to use SAM?

;)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
    DanielMue likes this.
  17. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    old info. AMD kicked up DX11 performance to be on par several forks ago. Only place AMD still lags in is OpenGL.

Cryio likes this.
  18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    not quite, theres still not support for DCL's.

19. tyman

tyman New Member

GPU:
    6800 XT
    so it looks like the newest drivers fixed whatever issue it was having. i haven't had the issue pop up again since I went to the latest drivers.

Krteq likes this.
  20. tyman

tyman New Member

GPU:
    6800 XT
    so jk

i was on the 22.1.1 drivers and it works fine

upgrading to 22.1.2 messes it all up

ugh