Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 22.1.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by GSDragoon, Jan 11, 2022.

1. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT 16GB
    For me, my 6800xt never idles down on vram. One monitor. Screenshot_330.png

2. PhazDelta

PhazDelta Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT Strix LC
    what the name of this software ?

Agonist likes this.
  3. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT 16GB
    Its a sensor panel for AID64 extreme. Screenshot_332.png

Undying and PhazDelta like this.
  4. Krteq

Krteq Master Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 +64 BIOS
    Isn't that panel app alone causing raised VRAM clocks?

5. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT 16GB
    No, its been like this the whole time I have had my 6800xt, even on my old monitor which was 3840x1080 144hz. Without or without the sensor panel on.

6. GamerNerves

GamerNerves Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Nitro+
    High VRAM clock at idle with high refresh rate monitors is not a bug as far as I know, it's just that Radeon Group has not found a way to make things work any other way with complete certainty, at least not yet.
    The Enhanced Sync bug though actually has affected my friend's PC and has been aroung for a very long time. Wonder how long it will take to fix that...

7. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    W5500/WX7100/RX570
    Tested on my W5500 Radeon Pro, as expected, drivers just like all the other newer Adrenalin drivers are pretty bad compared to the older ones. Lower framerates, this new one though recording wouldn't even work, had to do something to fix it. Back to Adrenalin 20.9.1 is the best driver if you're using a Radeon Pro W5500. RX 570 still best driver is Enterprise 21.q3.

8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    For some reason had to make another custom profile old one didnt work. It happened before. Memory clock still stuck like a mentioned with multiple displays.

This release works pretty good for polaris. Had a 6h diablo 2r game session yesterday no issues. Also played forza5 and some star citizen, stable and performance seemed increased but didnt run benchmarks to confirm.

9. only3d

only3d Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX6800XT X Trio
    Best is to avoid putting your PC in sleep mode for the time being until this fixed hopefully. Thats what i am doing :rolleyes:

10. MonstyB

MonstyB New Member

GPU:
    RX 6800
    Fan speed seems to be broken just like it was in the 21.12 driver.

For my MSI RX6800 Gaming X Trio, as soon as I try to OC it, fan speed becomes stupidly high even under light load.

Fan profile stays correct if I leave everything @stock.

No problem with 21.10.

11. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    it's a bug related to how the driver talks to the monitor, I went from 1080P 144hz AOC display with memory stuck at max to same system + 1440P 165hz MSI display with memory going down properly

if they write something regarding this PROBLEM in the FIXED ISSUES, then it's an ISSUE so i'm glad that they finally are trying to do something for others with multimonitor setups

maybe it will take more time to have it solved in all systems

12. Thadeus

Thadeus Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 580
    Call it whatever you want. Fact is multi monitor high VRAM Clocks were introduced - at least for me - with 19.12.1 and every driver since then has this behavior. With 19.11 and below i had no mem clock issues whatsoever. Nothing has changed in hardware on my side. I agree that Radeon Group has to fix this it but i doubt they will.

13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Atleast its acknowledged. It should be fixed in the future.

somemadcaaant likes this.
  14. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    5700XT
    Tested multi monitor on the GPU and same result as before. 3440x1440@144Hz + 1920x1080@60Hz = Full mem clock speed. Only setting both to 1920x1080@60Hz reduces the mem clock speed. Back to the Intel iGPU for the second monitor. Thanks Intel. :p

15. joaoameixa88

joaoameixa88 Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    I still have that "bug" too of vram clocks at max speed, and i only have 1 monitor.

System:
    5700xt
    3440x1440 100hz

Using CRU and increasing "Blanking Vertical" from ~40 (i dont remember) to 70 , it fixes my problem.

But i feel that sometimes my system random restart without any error cause that, im not sure but...

I think system is more stable when i leave it automatic (Vram clocks at max) without changing Blanking Vertical.

But... its a lot of difference, my gpu decrease like 10ºC and 20W, and i can use zero RPM at night for example.

16. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
    Having high vram usage is preferable to having a blank or unusable monitor, they seem to be slowly working it out.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
  17. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 5700 XT
    God of War runs like molasses unfortunately.

I think it's asanine a AAA game would release with just a DX11 render in 2022 and not DX12 or Vulkan, but I think it's asanine a game would perform this badly while using just DX11.

Hell, Assassin's Creed games from Unity to Odyssey run better than God of War on AMD GPUs.

Performance fluctuates from 36 fps to 90+ in a split second depending on viewport. It's insane. How can people call this "an amazing port". Pfft.

18. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 6900 XT
    All i can say is everyone going to love Super Resoution
    did you try adding -dx12 in steam command terminal?

19. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Try running the game using DXVK Async with d3d11.dll and dxgi.dll (You'll need to figure out if you need x86 or x64 version)

20. PhazDelta

PhazDelta Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT Strix LC
    GOD OF war Run awful AMD driver is garbage TBH

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even with Vulkan api this spot drop to 40fps with low setting + 560P LOL

[​IMG]

Exodite, Cryio and P.O.N. like this.