1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R9 300 Series Reviews/Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by jaju123, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Strix
    suburb boy father... :D

2. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Strix
    Pinning down reference cards as, wait for this... a reference point, is a preferred method to judge performance of benchmarked card.

Due to having one well known performance point to compare with, instead of having to think of respective clocks on both cards that you are comparing.

3. oGow89

oGow89 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gainward Phoenix 1070 GS
    [​IMG]

This one i find hard to believe that a 280x beats a 970 at 1080p with hairworks on, seriously?

4. Imperious

Imperious Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward Phoenix GTX1070
    I'm really getting bored with PC Graphica card technology nowdays, refreshes of refreshes of refreshes is pathetic.
    This would lead You to believe that AMD have cut back their R&D budget to a miniscule percent of what it used to be.
    I just wish I had not bought a R9 270 as an interim card, and got at least a 280 instead. If Nvidia come out with a new architecture soon, AMD will be screwed.

5. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    Just please use a spoiler tag because you just killed my mobile :D

Do you have a link for the original article? Which driver did they use? I have constant 30 (because I lock the framerate) at 1440p, but with HairWorks off and the Foliage Distance to High (along with shadows).

EDIT: The guy who did the review confused the 7950 with the 285. I'm reading the rest of it now. All the rest of his numbers look completely logical and OK.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  6. oGow89

oGow89 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gainward Phoenix 1070 GS
    Well if you say so, but in no way the 280x performs equally to a gtx 970 and also no way for a 290 to top a 970 specially with hairworks on. Unless maybe the forced the tessellation in the ccc to x8 or x16 which is basically cheating the benchmark.

7. MaxBlade

MaxBlade Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti/970/390/+ more
    To chime in.. I have a 970 (gig g1) and I am hard pressed to get 53 there high as a low on mine. And thats ALL maxed. So yeah.. that chart a tad off lol.

As for ATI/AMD .. sometimes what you wanted to use you cant and you HAVE to wait. You dont want to but.. no choice.

I'm looking at the Fury.. hoping its not space heater :)

8. Prefix

Prefix Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R7 260X 2GB
    Fury is more performance per watt than the 980ti and AMD has historically always had cooler cards than Nvidia until the reference 290's and non reference 290's ran cooler and less power consumption than 780ti's' they weren't like Fermi which literally melted steal beams.

9. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    All the top end cards from both are 275W parts. They are literally the same.