R520 has 16 PIPELINES.....HHAHAHA....

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by scarface1983, Aug 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buenamos

Buenamos Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX570
    I think it's safe to say that this kid is a true example of a fanboy. I'm kinda dissapointed if ATI's card does turn out to be only 16 pipes but if it still performs like a champ that's great.

Hell, if they implement digital vibrance into their drivers and outperform the 7800gtx's, then I think I'll have to switch back. I prefer ATI's AF IQ over Nvidia's.

2. Mannerheim

Mannerheim Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT
    OpenGL all the way.

Had 9600pro that was slower than GF3 ti200. Enemy Territory

3. DrSiN

DrSiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    Im considering upgrading pretty soon , ive gotton to the point where , as of now FPS dont really mean much to me aslong as im playing 60+.

Its image quality that's a big thing for me now , Transparant AA might swing me towards 7800GTX unless ATi bring out something with better IQ (ie no shimmering/moire)

4. LordCreeper

LordCreeper Member

GPU:
    Leadtek Geforce 6800 Ultra w/t Koolance waterblock
    This topic should simply be locked. It offers NOTHING. It is very obvious the person who started this topic is just looking to cause an argument.

I find it to funny how dedicated people are to a company. One company can just as easily pull ahead at some point and that's where I will personally go.

I don't see the reason for defending each company considering neither would care if you dropped dead.... Well, unless your wallet is big enough.

It is also rather amusing that he would judge the performance of a card that hasn't been tested yet and based on a rumor for that matter.

Let ATI and nVidia duke it out themselves. Go with the winner and stop dragging yourselves into their games :)!

5. flexmaster

flexmaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    Saphire X1800XT 512mb/ 6800 GO
    Yeah I dont know where all these compents are coming from but the numbers speak for themselves.

Fillrate

R5** 700mhz or 800 mhz x 16 pipelines = 11200 or 12800
    7800 GTX stock core speed 430mhz x 24 pipelines =10320

*Plus the R5** has a memory clock of 1400 mhz or higher according to some sources compared to the 7800 GTX's 1200 mhz memory clock.

That means that theoretically the R5** is faster than the 24 pipeline 7800 GTX. Both versions if its 700 mhz or 800 mhz will most likely outperfrom a single 7800 GTX at stock.

So what is all the 7800 GTX is wayyy stronger then the R5** talk about.:rolleyes:

6. BaDmOfO

BaDmOfO Maha Guru

GPU:
    2 x Evga sc GTX 780
    LoL don't talk about maturity, the title of your thread was exuding immature fanboyisms...Get a grip before you get hit with the ban stick man, don't put people down for stating their opinions.

7. DrSiN

DrSiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    I cant remeber wether I read this or imagined it but didnt ATi mention something about "Smart Pipelines" ?

8. Agizor

Agizor Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 512MB
    Then you're blind, and havn't been watching them very long. They were off on the 3dMark05 release by a month nearly.

Edit** Heh, thats when the Inq 'officially' anounced as well. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 27, 2005
  9. Quand3r

Quand3r Active Member

GPU:
    2x PCIe 8800GTX XFX
    Did I ever say the 7800GTX was way stronger than the R520?

No, but if ATI took this many months to bring something only marginally better than something already in the market, then they failed.

All ATI fanboys were very happy these months about a non-existant card that was going to wipe out the 7800GTX with benchies of more than 10K on 3dmark05. Well, bad news for them then.

Again, the article says even at 700MHz the yields are unsatisfactory, so lower down you calculations guys.

10. scarface1983

scarface1983 Guest

if you read my original post i do not bash on ati, all i did was remark that all the rumors people were spreading were wrong, why do u idiots not read before u talk, stupid jackasses......

11. WildStyle

WildStyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Good observational skills there.

Just a FYI really, but scarface1983 did you want to lose access to this section? Because when Marty reads this I would be very suprised if your access wasn't restricted. Think about it. Currently you're continuing to hang yourself...

And to everyone else, I would strongly recommend that you avoid posting in this thread or you might get dragged into the whole situation.

12. scarface1983

scarface1983 Guest

thats all i wanted to say, is all the rumors about people saying 10k in 3dmark 05, and now i laugh because it was wrong, and they are barly going to catch up to nvidia thats all u stupid geek ass fruit sacks of canadian sh*ts.....kiss my ass who ever disagrees.....

13. WildStyle

WildStyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    You know what? That's really not helping.

14. scarface1983

scarface1983 Guest

if u think for a minute that i care about being banned from a forum ur tripping, i dont want to be banned, but the comments from these idiots are pissing me off

15. WildStyle

WildStyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Guess what? That's not helping either. :D

16. WildStyle

WildStyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Then log off.

17. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Vega56 8GB
    You are correct. :) The Inq is known to be one of the best in making fairy tales.

They also told the crap that the FX series also supported SM3.0 which was total bs of course. :confused:

18. scarface1983

scarface1983 Guest

I love guru3d.com, but people who post without reading and jump to conclusions piss me off....if i do get banned so be it, i love guru3d.com its my homepage but people who post piss me off and i say things that i dont want to.....who ever agreed with me and understood my post thanx, who ever bashed me and said stupid things i can care less for u and ur sorry ass life....

19. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Vega56 8GB
    Yo Tony Montana, if you love Guru3d this much, you wouldn't start such a flamefull thread. I'm also getting sick of your "nice" words to others. I want to discuss things here, not flaming people.

So count to ten, get something to drink (not something alcoholic, because that would make things worse) and stop whining already. You're acting like a wanker. :)

Peace! :kiss:

20. scarface1983

scarface1983 Guest

keitosha, who d f*ck do u think u are u stupid fa*g of a kid.......dont ever talk to me like that....peice of ****.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.