R.u.s.e.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowMyth, Sep 7, 2010.

1. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Tried to take some screenshots but they come out blurry and compressed looking for some reason, looks much better in game.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300
    This game is sweet :)

3. Trolle

Trolle Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX3070
    €73 o_O
    in wich country do you live?
    i can get it for €37 new

4. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    €73 is just too much for any game.
    The game looks pretty nice, but not for €73. lol

5. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    So far not impressed.

Its big selling point, the "Ruses", is very underwhelming and usually pretty useless. They usually come with most other games as "powers", heck C&C Generals had most of the "Ruses" here.

And combat is very boring, with $5 infantry in cities and forest able to take out $140 worth of heavy tanks... Yeah sure.

Overall I give this one a pass, all it tries to do is sell us with its pretty graphics while the underlying game mechanics, for the lack of a better word, suck.

6. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Completely disagree; the Ruses when used well can sway the whole game. A player who does not use them has no chance.

The game has many different tactics to win a game, I think it rocks.

No infantry takes out my heavy tanks, I guess you mean you got ambushed. Maybe you should build some recon units next time and not get caught out with you pants down and a panzershreck up you ass ;)

7. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Let's compare Ruses to C&C Generals powers:

Spy = Satellite
    Dummy buildings = Terrorist dummy building
    False tanks = C&C Truck disguise

Are we seeing a pattern here? There is nothing new about these "Ruses" except the marketing.

8. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    I really don't care what they call them Ruses or Power or whatever they want make 0 difference. I never listen to marketing either.

And if no game was allowed to use simillar features to any previous game we would have no new games full stop.

9. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    the game is fun, really simple and fast-paced. simple enough that you can actually play without touching your kb and still win.

10. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Please don't get me wrong, this is by no means a BAD game; it is just not as unique and revolutionary as people make it out to be.

Like I said, if simple, straightfoward fun battles are your thing, then you will have a blast here. Men of War and Supreme Commander fans look elsewhere.

11. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Don't know who said it was revolutionary but very few games are if any. I wouldn't write the game off as simple as it is not just seems like it at first, it different than most though maybe only comparable to WIC. It is like saying chess is simple... I enjoy other games like COH, Men of war and SC2. I have a place for all of them.

Anyway cool trailer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ugz1O7IqRMw

12. 3Dghost

3Dghost Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970 GHz Ed
    That`s why I`m replaying Warcraft 3 right now...and I think after that I`ll go for Company of heroes again

I JUST LOVE WARCRAFT 3...one of the best games ever

I did try only one skirmish game in R.U.S.E., but had no time to finish it. I won`t make any assumptions. I have to really try it. It looks interesting though. I bet some generals from the past would love this kind of strategy game.