R-Type Final 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Truder, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    OnnA, Unwinder, AsiJu and 1 other person like this.
  2. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Good old days, God knows how much time and money I've burned backdays in acrade playing the original one. A bit later got it for Commodore 64, later for Amiga 500 too.

Tbh 39,99€ is a bit on a high side and Deluxe Digital for 64.75€, just cmon ppl... I'll gonna wait for summer sale, for sure game price is gonna drop even before Steam summer sale.

OnnA likes this.
  3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GamingX
    I think I just had a nostalgia overload...

My main was Super R-type for SNES.

Repo Man and KissSh0t like this.
  4. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    There is something that just doesn't appeal to me about this.. Yes it has all the tropes of R-Type but the super HD(ness) of it just throws me off.

5. Nijohc

Nijohc Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    Good memories of playing the original on the Sega Master System and Amiga 500, the arcades local to me didn't have it but played the coin op a few times further afield. Loved R-Type Delta on the PSX too so if this is anything like that I'll enjoy it, but same as Crazy_Milojko I'll probably wait for it to reduce in price a bit!

6. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    30 credits later, finished the main stages - Excellent game, exactly what I've come to expect from R-Type, I would go on to say that this is so much better than its predecessor, R-Type Final.

There are some things that could have been improved, some textures are a bit poor and stage three looks rather... bland, I wish the capital ship you fight had more detail to it.

The pacing of the game is great, unlike it's predecessor, has very few empty sections, performance is great and I'm overall pleased with this, I will undoubtedly continue to play this for many years to come.

Archvile82 and AsiJu like this.
  7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    Also please check:
    Raiden 3 (best to check all of them ;))
    R-Type Dimensions