R.ID Community Driver: Hybrid - Release Nebula 23.11.1 WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mylipho15, Feb 5, 2021.

1. K B

K B New Member

GPU:
    RX 5500M
    yea but the same happens with the official AMD drivers.

I would bet it is more to do with how this game is coded.

2. fishdead

fishdead Member

GPU:
    rx5700xt
    for Samsung's rx5700xt memory, the 1800 MHz frequency is already a lot. also, if there is a large undervolting on the core, there will also be memory controller errors

3. OwningYou

OwningYou Member

GPU:
    RX580/8gb
    The thing is, even with everything stock, the memory will not go beyond 1742mhz & drops frequently during gaming which causes stuttering. I can overclock and get it back to 1750 but will still frequently drop. Before using the MPT compatible drivers I had used a couple of different R.ID drivers (updated when updates released) & the memory was a stable 1750mhz during gaming. I've tried using various other R.ID drivers after using the MPT compatible drivers & the issue persist. I've read various things online. Multi display could cause this. Virtual super resolution could cause this. Specific drivers could cause this. I've read of one person doing a fresh install of Windows and that not solving the issue. I have yet to find a solution.

4. zingzs

zingzs Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6700XT 12G
    **4th Revision for Frame Buffer Compression is released**
    - Ditched High and Extreme preset, due to massive changes for parameter's algorithm in 23.11.x drivers and above. Light preset is now merged with medium preset.
    - Added *ready-to-import parameter preset "Frame Buffer Compression - Aggressive Preset rtz file"*, load it with "All-In-One Parameter Management" at setupCLI > 8 - GPU Parameter > 1 - All-In-One Parameter Management"
    - Added few notes to make frame buffer compression behave less or more aggressive, minimizing stutters, etc.

2/7
    GPU Multi-Thread Decoding Flags = Enable
    GPU Multi-Thread Decoding Flags (DX9) = Enable
    3/7
    GPU Async Shader Compile Flags = Enable
    Async Shader Queue Reordered = Enable
    CPU Affinity Optimization = Enable
    Radeon Catalyst AI = Standard
    Frame Buffer Queue Override = 8
    Frame Buffer Queue Extension = Auto
    Frame Buffer Compression Policy = Extended
    Frame Buffer Compresision Queue Buffer Size = 32
    Frame Buffer Compresision Support Level = Level 5
    Frame Buffer Compresision Ratio = Level 5
    Frame Buffer Delta Color Compression Mode = Level 2
    Stencil Compression Mode = Enable

The frame buffer compression aggressiveness can be changed by adjusting:
    - Frame Buffer Compression Policy (using Basic configuration will disable "Frame Buffer Compression Queue Buffer Size", "Frame Buffer Compression Support Level" and "Frame Buffer Compression Rato" - it will tuned to lightest presets outside of mentioned values here).
    - Frame Buffer Compression Support Level : 1 is the lightest behaviour, meanwhile 5 is the most aggressive behaviour
    - Frame Buffer Compression. Ratio : 1 is the fastest compression ratio, meanwhile 5 is the heaviest compression ratio.

To minimize stutter impact for any games, you must set these parameters :
    - GPU Multi-Thread Decoding Flags = Enable
    - GPU Multi-Thread Decoding Flags (DX9) = Enable
    - GPU Async Shader Compile Flags = Enable
    - Async Shader Queue Reordered = Enable
    - CPU Affinity Optimization = Enable

For frame buffer queue related parameter, it depends on how your system behave. In my case, using 64 queues do not have any kind of latency issues here. Your mileage may vary, but I suggest you to left "GPU Buffer Queue Extension Mode" at Auto, since "Frame Buffer Compression" parameter is enabled, GPU Buffer Queue parameter features will automatically adapt on the buffer-compress situation in real time if you set it to auto, making buffer queue processing works efficiently that will impact user's experience.
    Have fun.

Here is the importable preset, copy and paste the text below, save as .rtz file, use "All-In-One Parameter Management" inside SetupCLI > 8 - GPU Parameter
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSFTProxy\WMIC]
    @=""
    "- User Profile Name"="FrameBufferCompression_Aggressive"
    "FBCSupport"="_3_"
    "MTDecoder"="_2_"
    "GFX9MTDecoder"="_2_"
    "MTShaderCompile"="_2_"
    "AsyncShaderCompileQueue"="_2_"
    "CpuAffinityOptimization"="_2_"
    "FramebufferQueue"="_4_"
    "CatalystAI"="_1_"
    "GFXQUEUE"="_0_"
    "FBCBufferSize"="_9_"
    "FBCSupportLevel"="_5_"
    "FBCMinCompressionRatio"="_5_"
    "ColorCompression"="_3_"
    "ForceStencilCompression"="_2_"

ImanAzd, dhaern, huynh0211 and 7 others like this.

5. solo16

solo16 Active Member

GPU:
    7900XTX OC
    I'd like to thank you all the people who make this drivers project !!!

Here I got a couple of questions which confuses me especially after a little bit digging on the web:
    1) Does Windows 10 22H2 build 19045.2006 support WDDM 3.0 / 3.1?
    According to this https://www.elevenforum.com/t/find-windows-display-driver-model-wddm-version-in-windows-11.7027/ it shows that Windows 10 should at least support WDDM 3.0
    I'm currently stuck on WDDM 2.7 with WHQL-AMD-Software-Hybrid-Edition-23.12.1-PVNFlex-Nebula-Native-DCH.7z driver version
    I tried to install the WDDM 3.0 but got Error Code 43 so for now I'm using the latest WDDM 3.1 that comes with the package
    So besides DirectStorage did I miss any critical features on WDDM 3.0/3.1?
    Is there any way to make WDDM 3.0/3.1 work on Windows 10?

2) Does Windows 10 support DirectX 12 Ultimate?
    According to the dxdiag and gpu-z DirectX 12.2 (Ultimate) doesn't work / not supported on my system currently I'm running DX 12.1 however some features like Mesh Shading seems like supported at least according to the gpu-z, I'm a bit confused here could someone explain to me whether Win 10 could run full DX12 Ultimate or not?
    Again does it matter in terms of gaming performance with DX12.1 vs DX12.2?

Here are some benchmark I've done with the WHQL-AMD-Software-Hybrid-Edition-23.12.1-PVNFlex-Nebula-Native-DCH.7z version:
    Shadow of the Tomb Raider ( Max Setting no RT and no Motion Blur SMAA4x @ 4k)
    Run 1
    Score:14358
    Avg: 91
    Run 2
    Score:14274
    Avg: 90
    Run 3
    Score:14280
    Avg: 90

Assassin's Creed Odyssey (Vulkan api Max setting FOV 115% @4k)
    Run 1
    Avg:103
    Min:56
    Max:183
    Run 2
    Avg:100
    Min:53
    Max:201
    Run 3
    Avg 98
    Min 53
    Max197

Red Dead Redemption 2 (Vulkan Max setting @4k)
    Run 1
    Min: 53
    Max:153
    Avg: 96
    Run 2
    Min:59
    Max:150
    Avg:96
    Run 3
    Min: 65
    Max:124
    Avg:96

Pretty satisfy with the result so far!!!
    The gpu temp do improve by 1-2 degree cooler on certain games which is a bonus!

Thank you all !!!

6. iakoboss7

iakoboss7 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 480 8GB
    how was the performance with the official amd driver?

7. solo16

solo16 Active Member

GPU:
    7900XTX OC
    I didn't compare with the official one at least not the 23.12.1 but with the previous one 23.11.1 performance wise more less the same, on the temp side it did run cooler a little bit not much may be 1-2 degree cooler on some scenario.

8. fishdead

fishdead Member

GPU:
    rx5700xt
    Maybe this is what you're looking for
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/faggwt/working_fix_for_aggressive_downclocking_on_5700xt/

9. DanielRX

DanielRX Member Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Merc319
  10. palkovnik

palkovnik New Member

GPU:
    440 MX
    Guys, quick question,
    Is it possible to use Amernime Zone AMD Drivers to make an "offline" customized driver installer?
    I ask because afaik if i use this driver package classic way, my desktop is in low resolution (because basic ms driver)
    Too much scrolling and fidling.
    and i disabled network connection for windows update to not interfere with gpu driver install.
    I would like to check some switch options onlijne but i cant ofc.
    So i would like to premade my customized driver installer in high resolution desktop and be online to use my customized driver later.
    Is it possible?

11. hazerrrr

hazerrrr New Member

GPU:
    asd
    Are the latest AFMF drivers available on R.ID?

12. OwningYou

OwningYou Member

GPU:
    RX580/8gb
    Appreciate it. This helped a whole lot with the stuttering. I've yet to find a solution for the vram displaying the wrong frequency. I believe the vram is actually running at the correct frequency but is displaying the wrong frequency. The reason I believe this is because my vram use to be stable at 1800mhz. Now to get it to display 1800mhz, I have to set frequency to 1808mhz & it is not stable. Whereas setting it to 1800mhz & it displaying 1792mhz is stable .

13. terry_bogard_sv

terry_bogard_sv Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 6800 16GB
    Hi, I just got a steam deck and have been tinkering on windows, something I noticed is that all games at all APIs use display mode compose which add a lot of input lag.. is there a way to get hadware flip?? (real vsync off)

14. fishdead

fishdead Member

GPU:
    rx5700xt
    other large timings are used for samsung memory after 1800, so it is worth exceeding by a higher frequency value or staying up to 1800
    but I have the same mining timings stitched for all ranges above 1500

15. Menpower

Menpower Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 TRI-X OC
    I have got Radeon R9 290 and using Windows 11,
    with WHQL-AMD-Software-Hybrid-Edition-23.11.1-GCNFlex-Nebula-Native installed, Sengoku Dynasty, game runs and immediately at the first screen appears, error box appears and it says fatal error.
    https://imgur.com/a/SBagbtb

16. z8373767

z8373767 Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT/8650G+7970M
    Run the game with DX11. Default is 12. Probably some features are not supported on R9 290. If DX11 is not possible you can try VKD3D, to translate it to Vulkan.

17. Menpower

Menpower Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 TRI-X OC
    I tried VK3d-proton but I don't understand which file copy which directory correctly.

18. Syfryd

Syfryd Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX6900XT
    https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/releases
    Download the first file, open in 7z. Copy d3d11.dll and dxgi.dll to the game folder, where the executable (.exe) is located. Cheers.

19. Menpower

Menpower Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 TRI-X OC
    Game is not DX11 game and not working with, I tried same (copy to game folder) with VKD3D-proton but game API not change to VULKAN.

20. jonny30bass

jonny30bass Member

GPU:
    AMD HD 7970M 2GB
    Does anybody else get extremely bad frame rates in Avatar Frontiers of Pandora with this driver? The performance issue does not occur with the official one. Using a 6900 XTLC.

DanielRX likes this.