Quicktime on Linux?

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Misdirection, Apr 3, 2004.

1. Misdirection

Misdirection Guest

I am wondering if there is a quicktime pro for linux? Thanks!

2. Dave

Dave Don Fredo Corleone

well, quicktime pro is just quicktime with a key, from what I read quickly at apple. They do of course support os x, which is unix based, so I gotta think some people have gotten it to work.
    However, I've yet to find a video that I couldn't get to play in xine.

3. Misdirection

Misdirection Guest

I am using Fedora Core 1 and I am looking for Core 2. I couldn't install the Radeon 9700 Pro driver, the installation package would not respond. Well, that is another story for another time!

4. Misdirection

Misdirection Guest

Also, I wanted to make my Linux a full blown house with all the multimedia capabilities. I am wondering if Linux support Open GL 2.0? Which is similar to DX 9.0. I am just curious.! :)

5. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino Staff Member

GPU:
    old
    Yes it will support open gl 2.0
    Make sure you have the right ati 3d driver for your verson of x. If the offical drivers don't work (ati's linux drivers are still buggy) there are a load of 3rd party 3d drivers out there

6. Elleomea

Elleomea Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Mobility 9000 (M9)
    With the 9700 Pro you would have little luck with anything besides the official ATI or FireGLX drivers, since ATI have so far only made complete documentation on cards up to the 9200 available (under NDA) to people such as the DRI project.