Quick review: Corsair MM500 3XL mouse pad

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 5, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    We’re checking out the Corsair MM500 mouse pad. Measuring 1220 x 610mm, it’s a massive product, with a plush rubber construction, offering a comfortable surface that can easily cover your entire g...

Quick review: Corsair MM500 3XL mouse pad

2. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    A desktop sized dust absorber... :)

3. Bobdole776

Bobdole776 Member

GPU:
    zotac amp extreme 1080ti
    I got the MM300 and honestly it's good enough cause you're totally right, thing gets crazy dusty with some other dirt thrown in after a few months pass. I like having a pad under the keyboard and mouse but under everything else would make it a pain to clean as often as you should. Nice thing is I have tested myself that you can just throw these mats into the washing machine with the rest of your laundry and it cleans them perfectly without any problems. Used to just scrub them with soap out of worry I'd mess them up but said screw it one day and just washed one to see what would happen; cleaned it better than I did by hand and faster too.

I guess one could justify keeping their whole table cleaner if they have this mat though cause it would force you to move everything just to clean it, so you'd be cleaning the whole table more often...

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I like it if the release normal mouse pad size one I will get it I have MM 200 it it side are fraying which make very weary about clean/washing it to get rid of the dust it collects

5. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    My Corsair Gaming MM300 Extended mat(930 x 300 ) is plenty big enough[​IMG]

6. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Mouse yoga mat.

7. Jawnys

Jawnys Master Guru

GPU:
    asus tuf oc 3090
    Perfect size for a pad, i have one of this size exactly, its amazing

8. NCC1701D

NCC1701D Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    The profit margins on mouse mats must be huge. Costs more than some mice! I thought my 900x400 mat for 20 bucks was too expensive.

9. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    Sorry corsair but too late and too expensive.
    I got the generic (made in china) clone 2y ago for less than this (identical specs, so doubt its a different one).

And if sooo much dirt is collecting on it within a week, might wanna work towards getting cleaner overall :D
    Otherwise its enough to wipe it down with a damp microfiber cloth once a week, and i live right next to a highway getting exhaust gases and sud particles delivered into my place.
    Once every 6-8 month i throw it in the washer, usually when i change setup or similar.

10. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    since 20 years my mouse pad is an aluminium plate with my ceramic powder test...
    It cost me nothing, it cannot change with time and use, it can't be scratched, it is smooth and work perfectely with my mouse.
    I think it will be still usable after my death lol

11. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I've had the MM300 for I think a few years now, and honestly I didn't think I would love it so much to the point of I can't really use my mouse and keyboard without one.

fry178 likes this.
  12. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    @rl66
    as smooth as glass? doesnt make any noise when using?

13. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    No, the powder used gave a kind of texture that make mouse working fine on it, and the surface is smooth and inalterable ( as the dragster exhaust, or some high performance brake disk )...
    Originaly i used it in my garage when the laptop i used for injector setting had his pad brocken and i used a real mouse instead...
    I found this piece of junk so convenient that i cut it in the form of the razer exactmat X and put 4 rubber pad under it.
    Since then, i use it as my mouse pad at home.
    The noise is due to the mouse underpad friction, most of them are in material that doesn't make noise... so, no noise for now.

14. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    aah, makes sense.
    yeah after going from a small hard-surface pad back to a 4x2ft fabric, i cant have anything smaller :D