Questions regarding registry keys(ongoing)

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by BlackNova92, Mar 23, 2021.

1. BlackNova92

BlackNova92 Master Guru

GPU:
    16gb
    Since i like to play around on my system, especially to get a little performance out of it(yeah i fell for this years ago), i would really like your opinion on certain things from you guys, because in most cases "guides" all tell a different story.

I will be updating the thread with further questions and reg-key suggestions.

For now though, I'm mainly focused on memory management and filesystem keys.

For example in memory management, is it still useful in modern systems to add "iopagelocklimit" or is this old and not supported any longer?
    Also, in case it's still working, how would you set it up correctly?
    I've heard things like 1/4 of your ram is the value, your max ram is the value
    Then i need to change something like "largesystemcache" to 0-3 and "size" to 3.
    I don't know what the size key is for, but in an article, it said, without changing it, the iopagelocklimit wouldn't kick in or something like that.
    http://www.winfaq.de/faq_html/Content/tip0000/onlinefaq.php?h=tip0040.htm
    This is in German and needs to be translated, but in the bottom in red it says for it to work, you need to change certain things.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this though, before i go into this even further.

But to sum it up, I'm mainly looking for said areas (memory management and filesystem) to find correct reg-keys and in case changes do make a difference, I'd like to know why and what they do.

Please let me know what you think so i can finally get some rest and put this topic to the side.

I appreciate all of you

2. BlackNova92

BlackNova92 Master Guru

GPU:
    16gb
    Anyone?
    Still looking for answers.

insp1re2600 likes this.
  3. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
  4. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    You need a MS kernel team developer/architect to answer your question.
    Or you have to create a test methodology, then do the testing, then publish results here.

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I dont mess with that anymore and when I did I never really saw a diffrence

6. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
    According to the threadpost...... it is supposed that the registry stores settings how the os talks with hardware......(one of the functionalities of registry.....).....
    However......as @mbk1969 mentioned earlier....
    The windows NT kernel is the key.

It allows the os to communicate with available hardware...../drivers.... etc

So changing reg values.....is somehow....not meaningful....(case specific)