Questions regarding GTX 260 C216

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by jwright360, Oct 27, 2008.

Tags:
  1. jwright360

jwright360 New Member

GPU:
    8600gt
    Hey guys

Im very new to the forums as this is my first post. But my questions is regarding what new video card i should purchase. Ive had my eye on the
    EVGA GTX 260 core216 superclocked edition for some time but i was wondering should i buy a ATI 4870 instead, which will give me the better performance.I am looking to play all the new games (fallout3,dead space,left 4 dead) I also cannot purchase the 4870 1gb edition as i cannot seem to find it on any UK based website.

I think it should also say that my current resolution is 1680 x 1050 and i can see myself using this resolution for the foreseeable future.

many thanks in advance Jamie

2. fearsjohn

fearsjohn Maha Guru

GPU:
    evga 1060
    either will work for what you want to do. i would go with the cheaper of the 2.

3. honestjohn

honestjohn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Hawk HD 5770 @ 1010C
  4. J STEEL

J STEEL Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 FTW+ SLI 4GB
    Also, make sure you update your specs chart everyone can make a better suggestion on what you could do and what options you have more clearly. That information is also important.

5. PineMangoes

PineMangoes Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7800 GS XXX edition @stock
    Get the cheapest of the two i'd say. The performance difference is negligible.

6. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Considering that your PC is powerful enough to make good use of the new GPU, I'd second what PineMangoes and fearsjohn already said. "Get the cheaper one." Both are very nice cards and while one might be better in one game, the other one is better in a different game.

Btw: welcome to Guru3D, jwright360! :D

7. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    The 1GB 4870 is on Overclockers... arguably the most popular UK based website!? lol.