Question..

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Misdirection, Dec 11, 2003.

1. Misdirection

Misdirection Guest

Under general chat, I can't find guru3d pub.. Did Hilbert remove it? For some odd reason, I was not able to access it via IE, but I was able to access guru3d pub via Mozilla. It's just sooooooo werid!!!!

Sorry if I posted this under ATI section in this forums. I can't find the guru3d pub forum, please accept my apology.

By the way, I want to know how much PC Technician gets paid per hour and how much do they earn per year? I am getting my A+ certification soon and I am getting other certification as well.

Thanks..

2. Twinke Masta

Twinke Masta Guest

why the comp industry so many ppl in this industry you dont get paid well, i know someone who si MCSE and A+ cert and he gets paid around 80,000 for being a admin for a hospital....but thats special normally 50,000 is tops...

3. Misdirection

Misdirection Guest

50 K a year isn't that too bad.

I am just outlining my future. :sigh: time flies fast :(

4. jmargel

jmargel Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte ATI HD3870
    Don't come to Pennsylvania, USA for a comp. job. I have a double major in Computer Science & Information System from a higher up university. I have my Comptia N+, MCSE and about 10-15 years of computer experience including programming.

My salary? About 38k. However houses here are cheap, the its not a bad place to live, except for the winters.

Problem was, in the mid 90s when the internet started its boom, the big word was that IT people were making a ton. So everyone went to school for it. Now there is an over-abundance of IT people. It sucks! Considering most got into it for the $$, and don't know jack-**** about IT.

5. Misdirection

Misdirection Guest

Well, tell me about it. I can't get into IT just yet. I am currently in another major. You see, I know alot of aspect about PC and how they operate and network as well. The thing is that I have noitced that a lot of NooB IT student at RIT doesn't know jack how computer operates. The only thing they actually know is Java. One of my roomate who lives with me off-campus majored in IT and he doesn't know much about PC or network. However, he knows alot about Java and that is something I lacked.

Yeah, I have to agree. I am irritated that IT gets more pay than those who earned A+, N+, or other form of certification. For instance, IT doesn't teach Cisco, which is mandorate for only those who are interested in maintaining and operating a network. The odd thing is that IT doesn't teach cisco, but computer science do teach cisco and I have heard alot of student who took that class failed. I am just saying that it is not fair that IT gets more pay than those who have any form of certification such as: N+, A+, MSDE, and to name a few, that don't get higher pay than IT. It striking me that IT doesn't correlate to N+, A+ or any kind of certification like I mentioned above. I am not happy about this at all!

On the other hand, earning a 38K per year does sound that too bad. You will get approximately 3,166.00 per month. So, by paying all of the necessarily expense such as: bills, rent, food, and miscellous. You would end up getting 2 K saved per month. Then you multiply that by 12 and you will earn up to 24 K per year. I mean, that isn't too bad for a middle class.

I have noticed that many IT student at RIT are having a hard time finding an internship or a permanent job. My roomate submitted numberous of resume to several different companies and he didn't get accepted for some piticular reason. He was requested to take a drug screening test, but he didn't take it for some reason. I seriously hate drug screening test, because I don't like needles going through my body and it is interfering my personal boundary.

So, I will have to ask myself, "should I take Information Technology as my major or should I find a different major that is easier for me to obtain an internship and a perament job". I am thinking about taking social woker as my "other" major, because that was my secondary choice.

Anyways, I gotta go to class now and thanks for bringig this up. It really makes me think about it. :cool:

6. Twinke Masta

Twinke Masta Guest

38k is crap no offense my dad does work at pfizer and he gets 100,000 a year...

7. Misdirection

Misdirection Guest

Yeah, I know it's crap. But at least you have food and whatnot to spend on.

8. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino Staff Member

GPU:
    old
    I'd love to make 38k when I graduate
    Then agin the law firm I teched at paid new lawyers fresh out of law school around 100k per year
    Selling my soul and going to law schools looking better and better.
    Just a note the senior techs where I worked made over 80 (I know that only because 80k was the transion between hourly and salaries possitions and they were salaried).

9. Misdirection

Misdirection Guest

So, you made 80K by working at the senior tech? Or are you referring about someone else?

10. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino Staff Member

GPU:
    old
    someone else. . . . certanily not me
    mmmm, 80grand a year, mmmmmmmmmm

11. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    When you are not logged into the board the pub will not show up as it's only for registered users.

If your where logged on, then just delete your cookies and try again. That should fix it.