[Question] Setting Color Temperature below 4000k

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Argo7200, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Argo7200

Argo7200 New Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon r9 390
    Hello, Guru3D community! I was wondering if it was possible to set the display color temperature below 4000k through my display driver, since Radeon Settings doesn't permit lower values. I'd use something like f.lux instead, but it doesn't function in fullscreen games and I'd rather not run in a window due to frame pacing issues. I'm guessing there's a registry key I can edit or something, or perhaps there's an alternative solution.

Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
    HARDRESET likes this.
  2. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    Get some F*ed up color profile for monitor itself. Not that it is sane to get "color temperature" profile or other "solution" which messes up things so much.
    I know a dude who's working screen is almost orange... one of those people who believe in blue light evil.

If that's your case too, do yourself a favor and read something about LED and narrowband light emission they have.

3. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    Try messing with your monitor settings, pretty much all of them let you do that, you don't have to use Radeon.
    Although I have to say, unless you're having some sort of health problem, just leave those settings alone.

Sometimes messing with ambient lighting is a better solution. Switching from regular white fluorescent lamps to warm white LED ones made all the issues I was having with eye strain/headaches go away, when stuff like f.lux wasn't making any difference.

AlleyViper likes this.
  4. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti G1 GAMING OC