1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(question) Scanline sync works as it should, but..

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Lioon2, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Lioon2

Lioon2 New Member

GPU:
    vega 56 pulse
    Hello,

first, since english is not my main language, i will do my best to be understable, sorry in advance:)

So i discovered rtss some days ago, and read a lot about scanline sync on guru forum, blurblaster too. It's really life changer. until now i played with tearing on apex and cs-go. Now i can limit to my screen refresh with 0 tearing.
    my question is:
    i tried as suggested to adjust to a negative value and check with -1, -20, -100 etc. and i didn't notice any tearing with all those values. did i do something wrong ? or my eyes are not well trained ? :D
    My screen is 1080p @60hz. use to see i have 1125 vertical line. don't know if it helps.

Thanks

2. Lioon2

Lioon2 New Member

GPU:
    vega 56 pulse
    maybe i wasn't not clear ? :D

3. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 960 OC
    well...at -100 you should see a tearing line near the bottom of your screen.as 1125 - 100 = 1025 which is visible at 1080p. The other two values should not produce a visible tearing due to the not visible refresh lines which is exact what's the goal to look for.

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Depending on GPU performance it can be invisible at -100 as well. 1025 is the scanline where RTSS is submitting the frame to GPU, it still needs some time (which depends on GPU performance) to rendered by GPU and to be actually presented. So tearline will be a few scanlines below 1025 (and the delta depends on render time). So it can be invisible for slow GPU if it takes about 100 scanlines to render a frame.