question on running emulator games

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by gsxrjunkie, Oct 1, 2008.

1. gsxrjunkie

gsxrjunkie Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG gts250oc
    ok i downloaded an emulator aio,how do i get the games to play?do i just like download a ps2 game and then run it?

2. nas711

nas711 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Dell 30" BFG 8800gtx OC + PhySEX
    I tell you what, your wasting your time emulating ps2 because they run like utter crap even on todays hardward as its usually software based and look horrible and you need the cd im pretty sure. Tho saying that I havent been into emulation for about 3 years now. Last thing that I emulated was probably n64 games and ultra64 arcade hardware. Just google emulators which are easy to find as they are the legal part, however its the roms/images which are rare these days as i think the scene is fading away. Get M.A.M.E and you will have alot of fun with the arcade side, but ps2 never worked well for me. Sorry.

3. fischju

fischju Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Visiontek Radeon HD 4850
    You need to get up on the times, man! PS2 emulation works great now on many games. Resident Evil 4 runs perfectly for instance.

Make sure you have the newest DX9 redistribute. You also need the newest gsdx http://forums.ngemu.com/ps2-plugin-questions-troubleshooting/97657-gsdx.html

You need a PS2 bios as well.

Get pcsx2 .9.4 and .9.5 (some games work better on one than the other)

You can use a CD or ISO.

edit: Some games were barely playable on my X2 3800+ rig. You are not going to be able to play anything more than mostly 2D sidescrollers. It is optimized for E8000 series.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  4. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Super Jetstream