question for you guys.....

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by omega_1, Nov 12, 2006.

1. omega_1

omega_1 Master Guru

GPU:
    7600gs 256mb
    well, I might get banned for this, as its not really a good question to ask here, but I have a whole bunch of LEGAL games, like AOE 3. serious sam 2 , half life 2, ds2, etc....but one thing that pisses me off is that I have to put in the dam disk for every god dam game, well not hl2....but everything else....is there a site where I could get a crack for these ? Is that legal ?

2. Adma192

Adma192 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 470
  3. Jeremy

Jeremy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    As above, perfectly legal. Just a few guidelines...

1) You can make as many backup copys as you like as long as they are for you.

2) You can only install on one machine at a time.

3) NO-CD cracks are only legal if you own the game.

Cheers

4. omega_1

omega_1 Master Guru

GPU:
    7600gs 256mb
    i went to game world, now is there a way without using an image, like back in the day youd just replace the exe and thats it....

5. Armoured

Armoured Ancient Guru

most games should work by just replacing the exe file. some dont though, and you might have to use an image. most of the time the exe files are released afterwards for these games, such as BF2. it took a while for a replacable exe to be released.

6. j_blaze

j_blaze Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 7900gt KO 512mb@700/800 SLI
    I use megagames.com, they have thousands on there. I used it for Hitman BM and Tomb Raider Legend. Just save the original exe files in that folder and replace, tada.

7. Loki91

Loki91 Maha Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA 8800GTS 512MB @670
  8. Jeremy

Jeremy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Game Burn World is the best, I would agree.

9. netnexus

netnexus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870x2
    You can get mini-images and mount them via Daemon tools... that's often quite useful and means you don't have to replace the EXE which makes updating the game a little more troublesome.

10. Thug

Thug Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I know what you mean. Loads of my discs now have little cratches on them due to taking them in and out.
    I played GRAW constantly and left the disc in my PC for a couple of months, when i updated my PC i took the disc out, but couldnt find the case anywhere, so didnt have the CD key to reload it. I did eventually find it, but i had the worry i was not going to be able to play MY original bought game.
    I always D/L the demo, and if its a good game i will go out and buy it.
    If game companies didnt produce rubbish and made their games half the price, then a hell of a lot more people would buy them.

Microsoft have a good idea, when you try to update, if you have a copy (and not a genuine code) then the upgrade site knows this and tells you that upgrades arent available.
    If games had a similar way of updating, by locking a CD key to your spec of system, then it may help in software theft, and you would only have to enter your key when you originally load the game up.
    Just ask yourself, if a game was £30, would you be willing to buy? if it was £15, would you be more willing to buy it, and have all the upgrades included? or would you rather have it for nothing, but also have no updates etc.

Does that make sense?

MATT