Question about nForce drivers

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by mr.brownstone, Apr 8, 2008.

1. mr.brownstone

mr.brownstone Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 260
    Hi everybody, I'm new here.
    I have a question regarding the Nvidia nForce 18.07 drivers for Vista 64 bit I downloaded from this site.
    Before those I had the ones from Nvidia's site, the 15.08 ones. With them I always had the "safely remove hardware" icon in the sys-tray. The same icon that apperars when connecting a removable drive etc. Since installing the new one from this site, the 18.07, that icon have disappeared.
    Is that something to worry about is all I wanna know?

I have also done some fresh installs, and just installed the drivers that comes with Windows Update, not the ones from Nvidia's site, and with them the sys-tray icon also appeared.
    TIA for answers:)

2. mr.brownstone

mr.brownstone Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 260
    Can anyone help me please?
    If not, I guess the safest thing would be to just update my system via Windows Update since it says that these 18.07 drivers should be considered beta.
    Oh well, time for a new install.

3. mr.brownstone

mr.brownstone Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 260
    Guess I found the answer on my own. The "Primary Hard Disk-Disk Data Transfer Rate" score went down from 5.9 with the Windows Update drivers to 5.6 with the 18.07 nforce drivers from Guru3D. So those drivers are a big no no!