1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about buying an RX 580

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by anticupidon, Sep 8, 2019.

1. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated
    I need a graphics card for my next computer.
    But I am not willing to spend more than I need on it. I play games at 1080 and rarely play. No plans in going 4k, maybe (a very big maybe) going for a 2K monitor, IPS at least 100 Hz or better.But no for the time being.
    With this out of the way, my question is: 170 € for a brand new XFX RX580 OCEdition is a good price? Should I buy it? To me, it seems the best bang for the buck at 1080.
    Your opinion, please!

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    I would say yes. RX580 is still performing great on 1080p, for a 170Eur its worth it. RX590 and GTX1660 are not that much faster for justify the 50Eur premium.

3. XVEX

XVEX New Member

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I confirm. My Sapphire RX 580 it's an excellent card for FHD gaming, very smooth gameplay and framerate. And now, well... wow, € 170,00? A gift. ;)

4. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated
    A bit of a bummer.
    Seller confirmed it was a mining card, was sold as new.
    Strange, but hey, nobody's forcing anyone.
    Now, set my alarm for the same price for this card and looking for the best bargain purchase.

5. spajdrik

spajdrik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB RX 5700 Gaming
    I had RX580 which was used for mining for over a year, not had a single issue with it.
    But I'm sure for € 170,00 you can find non-mining RX 580 soon or later, perhaps even VEGA56 if lucky :)

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Mining Vega56 can be found at 200$ already. Its a worth a risk i think, sellers swear card is fine and for that price it beats the crap out of 580.

7. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    The only reason I agree for such purchase is new codecs for h265, 4k hdcp 2.2, hdr, etc. If you exclude those other gpus even fury is still superior as a used gpu for gaming sessions.

8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    No, its not man. Fury gpus and gaming sessions are over. You ware commenting on guru3d GOW5 benhcmark where even 580/590 ware beating Fury/Fury X.

Fox2232 and warlord like this.
  9. Passus

Passus Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 3GB
  10. Only Intruder

Only Intruder Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury Nitro
    Fury is really awkward these days... you have to "feed the beast" as in you need to ensure it's got a proper workload - I wouldn't recommend a Fury these days even if it's from a used market. It runs hot, uses lots of power and in newer titles, polaris is typically doing better.

I'm saying this because I'm still using my Fury... It's ok if you have one already but there are better and cheaper options elsewhere. 580/590 new. Potentially Vega 56 new or otherwise Used Vega would be a good bet.

warlord likes this.

11. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    Well you cannot play at 1080p steady 60fps all games ultra with either of them, so, it is questionable how should someone criticize rx 580/590/fury/furyX, old or new at the moment. And with just 1080p, you will never utilize all gpus' vram without ultra, so compromises are to be made here and there.

Strange Times likes this.