Question about BFG Trade-up

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Bidinglight, Dec 24, 2008.

1. Bidinglight

Bidinglight Member

GPU:
    BFG GTX 280 OC
    Hey everyone, I recently purchased a GTX 280 OC from BFG and with the new cards coming out soon I have some quick questions about the BFG Trade-up program.

The site specifies original packaging. Does that mean all my accessories need to have the same plastic wrap it came with? I realize this could be a silly question, but I just want to be sure.

Also, the card came with some free BFG keychain light. Quoted from the BFG site the only things that need to be returned are, "Any third party games or software originally included in the box are not required to be returned." So would this free light apply or nah?

Lastly, it says overclocking is no good for returns. Should I not overclock at all? Or will they actually notice if I really OC just once?

2. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 4080 FE
    Yeah you have to have the card, accessories (cd, games, cords, cd wallet etc...) in there. Doesn't have to be neatly wrapped just as long as everything is in there so they can easily test and repackage to make it refurbished. You most likely wont need to send in the BFG keychain light.

Overclocking are from the drivers unless having a modified bios so they wont really know if you overclocked unless yo OC'ed so high that it melted or damaged the card. Plus the card is preoverclocked so they cant say you cannot overclock and mostly everyone does it.

3. Bidinglight

Bidinglight Member

GPU:
    BFG GTX 280 OC
    How about the sticker... I'm a loser and actually used one of the stickers...

4. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 4080 FE
    hehe anything that can be easily replaced they most likely wont worry about, heck sometimes they dont worry about driver cds, just try to put in most of what you can or the important parts

5. Zap

Zap Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7600 GT 256MB
    You can keep the sticker and keychain light.

6. Deadman93723

Deadman93723 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 OC2 MaxCore
    You need to return the card, accessories, manual, and driver disk in original package. Any games or other "goodies" you can keep.

Be prepared to wait for a bit when you do trade up, I have been waiting to trade up to a MAXCORE for a month now.