question about afterburner monitoring w/ amd gpus (xfire)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion' started by klepp0906, Oct 21, 2017.

1. klepp0906

klepp0906 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX Titan SC x4
    so for the longest time my backup pc was literally a BACKUP pc in case anything happened to my main box. Nothing ever did so it sat and sat.

However with redstone3 hitting i figured id dump it and actually set it up for once. This included afterburner/rtss of course.

Its equipped w/ 3x r290x and an eyefinity setup. I noticed in the monitor that gpu usage bounces up and down sharply over and over. It bounces off of 0 and goes up to whatever then drops back down to 0 then repeats.

This can be addressed by enabling unified gpu usage monitoring. The problem is, when I enable that - the bouncing stops but my GPU2 and my GPU3 simply disappear from afterburners monitor. They are there for temperature, they are there for core clock, but for usage they are simply gone.

Is this intended? If so i assume im going to have to pick my poison here? either an erratic bouncing monitor with all cards or a functional one with 1 card showing?

Just curious, my main pc is nvidia so i havent seen this until now.